Tuesday Hour X Hour

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Morning peeps.

Well. YEsterday was a bad day for me, physicially. My hip as I mentioned earlier had begun playing up last Wednesday - just an ache. By yesterday morning, I could not longer climb stairs, at night could not sleep as had to change position every 5 minutes, etc., so I felt really rough yesterday. Usually its my neck - so as is my usual method of dealing with pain and illness I just kept saying it will go away, but my boss pushed me to go to the doc. She is good like that.

So I went - again. Last week when I saw him he thought it might have been a pulled muscle but when I went back yesterday in such a worse condition, he is now thinking that maybe its the osteoporosis is in my hip as well as my neck, so he has signed me off two weeks to rest, exercise, etc. and try and get it under control. He has also referred me for Xrays - so waiting for that.

I was in a horrible state after that. Tears again. I am so frustrated - I have done all this hard work to get slim and live the second half of my life healthy, and I am beginning to feel flippen crippled more the I am healthy. There were a lot of tears, but my group really lifted my spirits....I got a lot of good support there last night and that helped.

Incidentily - another slow week - 1.1 pounds gone - but gone none the less.

Anyway - thats my story.

Have a good day everyone!!

I think we need to ask one of the mods to get rid of my thread its going to get confusing.

BL my friend I am so sorry this is happening to you. I do hope they can find some way of helping you. There can be nothing worse than being in pain all the time.

As for the weight loss well its off and its gone.

Good Morning BL & All
Hope the pain gets easier (keep taking the pills)
You are very lucky you have a good group that makes the journey a lot easier my group seems to have fallen apart I'm not sure what I'm going to do at the moment I have been thinking of joining another foundation group has anyone done this? It may be the kick up the backside I need to get me back on track
Hope you all have a good day with great losses for those with wi's today

Morning........

BL, I really do feel for you, let's hope the X-Rays show something that is easily treatable. However, whilst off work, lock up the credit and debit cards, and block ebay on your computer!! I wish you well honey.

I've a day off work today, as has OH. Our TV (which went bang about 6 weeks ago) is due back today, it had so better be working, else I'm going to be demanding a replacement. Then at 1 we have a big meeting with Gge Wimpey, the company that built our house. Now this is going to be fun. Long story short - two months after buying our house (new build), a large crack appeared, took the builders 15 months to fully repair the crack, however, the repair is visible and the render was this special stuff that has the colour pigment in the render, and doesn't need painting for about 15 years. Well as they painted the house after the repair, we now have to repaint the house every 4 or 5 years. So don't have in essence the product we purchased! We had a meeting with Wimpeys last August, they promised to send us their surveyors report so that we had on record what caused the crack, despite reminders, they never sent it. So what are they hiding? Out of desperation for this information (we wanted it in case we ever sold and the buyers surveyor noticed it) we hired a solicitor in December. In April, not hearing anything we chased the solicitor, he hadn't even sent a letter. Since then it's been chase after chase after chase (I don't mind chasing good looking men, but he doesn't float my boat!!), our solicitor was supposed to speak to our surveyor (we had to hire one to do his report on the problem) last Monday in preparation for todays meeting, on Friday he told OH that he was speaking to surveyor this Monday (yesterday) and would call us, and it wasn't until last night, that it dawned on us we hadn't spoken to solicitor. So as it stands currently - we have no idea if our solicitor is even going to show up today, so I will have to put my legal eagle hat on and represent us myself I guess. I really am preparing to kick some major Wimpey arse today. I am going to tell the wimpey fella in no uncertain terms, that had he done what he had promised we would not be here today. That we now have expenses that we were not expecting for 13 years yet, but now due to their cost cutting have those expenses earlier. The law in this country needs to be changed when it comes to buying new houses. You have more rights buying a Kettle in ASDA than you do when buying a house. It's ludicrous!

Anyways, guess I had better stop typing and start reading in prep for this afternoon.

Have a good day y'all
xx

Morning all! Sorry to hear about your pain BL. Hope they get you sorted with some decent pain relief and treatment :( (((HUGS))) Also our group as a whole had a very slow loss last night, between 0.25 of a lb and the most 1.5lbs. Very frustrating! But hopefully we'll be able to post good losses next week :)

Also sorry to hear about your house trouble Corey, you are very right! You do have more rights with the things you buy from the supermarket than the major purchases that should be right. We've had a problem with our house since buying and it really gets you down.

As for my Tuesday, very boring thus far. Have a presentation to do for my course on Friday which I've been worried about since January. It's a proper assessment thing, and I've done my posters. But now it's a case of learning what I need to say - 10 minutes worth. I'm not very good at these things and get extremely nervous so I have to practice. My in-laws have got the kids for me this 2 weeks of the school holidays prior to the final assessment on Friday and then I'll be on holiday too. My LLC said to me last night to thing about re-reading the NLP section of the foundation book to get me through it so we'll see how it goes. I guess I better crack on with it instead of procrastinating! Have a good Tuesday all. I'm sure I'll be popping back on later xxx

Thanks peeps. Pain meds on the ready. ;) It really does suck though. I am too young to feel this old!

COrey - was the crack subsidence? I do not know if it woudl be useful at all, but it might be worth contacting your insurance company for some advice? BUt ask to speak to a senior staff member familiar with the technical side of insurance - not just some kid who deals with claims....there may be nothing that can do at this stage - but then again, they might?

GOod luck to you!

ANd I am over my ebay - I deleted all my watched items on the weekend. I am fully sated. :D But that did make me laugh though!!!

x

Hope all goes well Corey stand up to them some big company's think they can railroad us don't let them

Well my TV is back and working - yippee!!

The representative from NHBC arrived a shortly after the guy from Wimpeys - the meeting seemed to go well, think it went in our favour, but have to wait for the report - but made me wonder as they were leaving when the guy from Wimpeys said to the lady from the NHBC "See you at the next one!!" Still he complemented me on my back garden, so he's risen somewhat in my estimation!!

Roll on next week when we'll get the NHBC report!

Back