Tuesday weigh in?

Thanks mrsm!! Well done to those of you who have posted so far!! :D I hope the rest of todays weigh in's go well! Well this is my first week of WW and have lost 8lbs which im sooo happy with :D yay!! I know its gunna start decreasing to a couple pounds a week soon, but as long as im losing its awesome :D xx

Wow 8lb that's a great loss well done x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks siandys1! I really appreciate it :) Im soo pleased!! x

+ 0.1 kg (1/4 pound):(.

I really don't understand it:(. It is only my second weigh in and I had been so careful: I never went over my 29 pts, increased my level of exercise and drank water (ok not even close to what I should but I went from never drinking water to drinking 3 glasses a day for the last 2 weeks, surely it is an improvement).
I called my best friend who also does ww with me and lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks and the only thing he told me was: you'll just have to eat less this week. Surely I can't do that:eek:: 1- I wouldn't be able to do that for long and would put any lost weigh back on as soon as I'd go back to my 29 daily points. 2- on average I used 26 points/day.
It is already so frustrating to see that friend being able to eat 40 points a day and lose weight when before weight watchers I ate more than he did (we are both the same height, 5'10, and I had thought that because he is older than me we would end up having almost the same number of points:rolleyes:).

If only I could at least believe that that bad result was due to the totm but not even:(.

Aww thats really frustrating impatient :( sounds like you've been trying really hard! I wonder why that happens sometimes..that you can be really good in a week but not lose..maybe its a certain type of food group your eating? Like sticking to your points..but having more carbs or something in your diet?? I really dont know..im sure if you stick with it, it will start to take affect!! I wish i could be more helpful!! I hope the next week goes better for you :) x

Aww thats really frustrating impatient :( sounds like you've been trying really hard! I wonder why that happens sometimes..that you can be really good in a week but not lose..maybe its a certain type of food group your eating? Like sticking to your points..but having more carbs or something in your diet?? I really dont know..im sure if you stick with it, it will start to take affect!! I wish i could be more helpful!! I hope the next week goes better for you :) x

Thanks Calirose.

I always ate too much carbs. One of the obvious reasons I put on weight was that I thought nothing of eating a loaf of brown bread with peanut butter in one afternoon, I could also often eat an entire baguette with whatever filling as a snack (I blamed that on being French) followed by a big pack of coconut and chocolate macaroons. Of course I didn't do that every day but every months I would have a few days where I would eat like mad (I couldn't even relate it to my cycle).

Carbs are still probably too important in my diet but in the last 2 weeks I have been very careful to increase the level of protein and to eat only healthy food (my only treat was a 3pp solero ice cream 10 days ago).

I thought that because my eating habits were so mad before, the weight loss would be even easier once I started eating healthy:sigh:.

Don't let it get you down, Impatient, and keep at it. We all have weeks where we can't for the life of us work out why we haven't lost, but for me at least it seems I swing back the following week with a happy loss. Hopefully next week you'll have a great loss.
Speaking for myself, though, I notice that if I have any kind of bread product every day (even Weight Watchers bread) that I'll gain, no matter what else I'll eat. Probably my body being weird as not everyone has the same problem, but frustrating none-the-less.

Don't let it get you down, Impatient, and keep at it. We all have weeks where we can't for the life of us work out why we haven't lost, but for me at least it seems I swing back the following week with a happy loss. Hopefully next week you'll have a great loss.
Speaking for myself, though, I notice that if I have any kind of bread product every day (even Weight Watchers bread) that I'll gain, no matter what else I'll eat. Probably my body being weird as not everyone has the same problem, but frustrating none-the-less.

Thanks Bolero.

I haven't bought any loaf of bread since I started this diet (I still don't trust myself enough to haveone in my cupboard) but do probably still eat too much bread in the form of pitta bread I also eat quite a lot of Ryvitas. Maybe I should look into it ? I must admit that the thought of not being able to eat any kind of bread at all frightens me. I did replace it with porridge for breakfast though.

+ 0.1 kg (1/4 pound):(.

I really don't understand it:(. It is only my second weigh in and I had been so careful: I never went over my 29 pts, increased my level of exercise and drank water (ok not even close to what I should but I went from never drinking water to drinking 3 glasses a day for the last 2 weeks, surely it is an improvement).
I called my best friend who also does ww with me and lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks and the only thing he told me was: you'll just have to eat less this week. Surely I can't do that:eek:: 1- I wouldn't be able to do that for long and would put any lost weigh back on as soon as I'd go back to my 29 daily points. 2- on average I used 26 points/day.
It is already so frustrating to see that friend being able to eat 40 points a day and lose weight when before weight watchers I ate more than he did (we are both the same height, 5'10, and I had thought that because he is older than me we would end up having almost the same number of points:rolleyes:).

If only I could at least believe that that bad result was due to the totm but not even:(.

Do you have a food diary on here? If not, you should start one and then members of the board can look and see what you're eating and comment on what you're doing right/wrong. I've found it helpful. I eat plenty of carbs and still had a lb loss last week. Do you eat any weeklies? You havent mentioned that you do? If not, do you think maybe you arent eating enough? Or perhaps all your increased exercise is beginning to build muscle? Just throwing a few ideas out. Sorry you're frustrated. Definitely DO NOT decrease.. you're eating 29pp and thats the minimum as it is...

Another one here that has a problem with bread . I love it but it does not like me . I get really bloated and tired when I eat it so keep it to a minimum . I am sure sometimes that it's not only how many points you eat but what you are eating as well . If you post your food plan someone may have ideas how to help your weight loss

Do you have a food diary on here? If not, you should start one and then members of the board can look and see what you're eating and comment on what you're doing right/wrong. I've found it helpful. I eat plenty of carbs and still had a lb loss last week. Do you eat any weeklies? You havent mentioned that you do? If not, do you think maybe you arent eating enough? Or perhaps all your increased exercise is beginning to build muscle? Just throwing a few ideas out. Sorry you're frustrated. Definitely DO NOT decrease.. you're eating 29pp and thats the minimum as it is...

Hi Azwethinkweiz,

I did not use any weeklies. As my name might explain, I am not too patient with this weight loss thing so I thought that if I could get away with not eating the weeklies without feeling too hungry, I'd lose weight faster. Obviously it hasn't worked that way at all. It seems to go so much against logic to increase the food intake the week after I put on weight though:eek:.

I might start writting a diary though. Even if I wonder if I'd have the discipline to do it everyday. After all, I write down all the food I eat in my own diary so that wouldn't be that different. I could probably do with some feed back as I feel a bit confused at the moment. I knew I would get bad WI at some stage and thought I was ready for it. But I never expected it to happen so soon:(.

Last edited:
Well impatient at least your improving on your previous diet, which im sure is doing you a lot of good :) The french diet is very fattening which sucks, because it tastes sooo good! aha. I guess maybe you could watch what you eat each week..maybe having less carbs one week to see if that makes a difference..or less sugary..the next week and see what happens each week to see what u need to cut out more of? I dont really know. Maybe post a food diary or something and people could maybe suggest where u may be going wrong? :) Sorry im not much help!!! Im new to this! x

Hi Azwethinkweiz,

I did not use any weeklies. As my name might explain, I am not too patient with this weight loss thing so I thought that if I could get away with not eating the weeklies without feeling too hungry, I'd lose weight faster. Obviously it hasn't worked that way at all. It seems to go so much against logic to increase the food intake the week after I put on weight so:eek:.

I might start writting a diary though. Even if I wonder if I'd have the discipline to do it everyday. After all, I write down all the food I eat in my own diary so that wouldn't be that different. I could probably do with some feed back as I feel a bit confused at the moment. I knew I would get bad WI at some stage and thought I was ready for it. But I never expected it to happen so soon:(.

A friend on here... Clairebear... told me she had a few hiccups with her weight until she started eating MORE. Then the weight started to come off.... I know that sounds crazy but I swear its true! I'll get her on this thread to prove it lol! I ate ALL my weeklies last week and lost a lb!!? I couldnt believe it to be honest.
I know, its really easy to get impatient but if you keep at it I'm positive you will start to see some losses. Do you have much weight to lose chick? Start a food diary when you have time and I'm sure loads of us will subscribe to it... also take a look in a few other peeps diaries who're on same points as you and see how they're getting on/what they're eating maybe? Might give you some ideas food-wise?

I stayed the same this week, but had two slices of bread on Saturday and some pizza, last week when I had no bread for 10 days I lost 4lb!

So I'm back not having bread again, I WILL get in the 13's next week

*raising my hand for the don't lose weight when I eat less brigade*

Impatient its very possible that you aren't eating enough - for various reasons I have to keep my carbs low and if I don't keep my points up I don't lose so much. If you are exercising beyond your normal level then its even more possible that your body needs more input and maybe if you relax a bit more next week and even enjoy some of your weeklies it may be more succesful - its worth trying :)

As for the abbreviations I spent ages wondering what STS meant but much preferred the answer I came up with ... STS = Sod The Scales lol

My weigh in later tonight - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for anything over 1/2lb to get me into the 14s

Thanks for backing me up about the "eat more" thing Mifford lol! Good luck for WI *crosses fingers* ;)

no problem and thanks

In my case before I started WW I was only eating 1200 calories a day (max - often less) and wasn't losing any weight. I assumed it was my thyroid being a problem and I needed to eat less - it turns out in reality I actually needed to eat more. I've since learnt that not eating enough supresses your thyroid function even more and slows everything down making it even harder to take weight off. Learning to eat what your body actually needs is for me the whole ethos of WW and in some cases that means increasing the intake of healthy foods so your body knows that it isn't going to be starved and will actually release the excess weight it is storing.

Hope that helps :)

Makes so much sense Mifford! Better explained than how I was trying to say it lol! :p Hope that makes sense to you Impatient... now go have some of those weeklies hehe!! :D

Back