Tummy bloated since intro of carbs

Zoe.D

loving life
Hi, I have been on the 1000 plan for 2 weeks now and I am losing weight on it, however my tummy seems to be extremely bloated. Is this normal when re- introducing carbs. I have heard that cells plump back out again when more food is introduced but my tummy looks like an inflated balloon :confused:.

i'm not doing CD

doing celebrit slim, which is low carb. the other night i had a few extra carbs and bloated so much i went up TWO dress sizes.

says a lot for carbs i think- the devils work in large amounts

Thanks Sam. Has anybody else experienced this and have any advice?

Hi there

Unfortunately bloating can be one of the side effects of carbs generally. It is possibly being exaggerated by the fact that you have not had them for so long and should improve. But to be honest they always make me slightly bloaty!

Wouldn't give them up for the world though!

x

Thanks Porgeous, I think you may be right as I have never been without carbs before and now after not having any for 9 months since doing cd I suppose my body will react to them. But like you I love em and won't be giving them back up and my tummy has improved as the week has gone on and I have dropped another 2lbs so it can't be all bad.

Thanks Porgeous, I think you may be right as I have never been without carbs before and now after not having any for 9 months since doing cd

It might not be the carbs. Could be the added fruit and veg which can cause a problem until you get used to them again.

BTW, you have been having carbs. Cambridge products are quite high in carbs for a low carb diet

Low enough to induce ketosis on the lower plans, but only just ;)

Back