Tummy Bug Strikes....

missuscolumbo

Yesterday was meant to be my final day on LT before switching to Slim and Save, I had a slim and save shake yesterday afternoon cause I had run out of LT but by early evening I was feeling so ill.

Without too much detail the rest of the evening until about 3am I had severe D&V - couldn't even keep water down. I slept in this morning and slowly started with sips of water, until I was keeping that down. Spoke to my pharmacist, who called LT and the lady advised I should either stay on the weight loss programe or start refeed with some white fish.

The thought of fish after not eating for 4 months, and then having a violent tummy bug is enough to set my stomach on spin cycle.... I've taken it easy this morning and just been to the pharmacist to pick up another week of chocolate shakes. I'll be with the Lipotrim 100%'ers for another week (Week 18 for me).

I now have a months worth of S&S stuff, and have really gone off the idea of the products because now in my mind the one shake I had from their range coincided with the sickness ! May have to give it a swerve but I paid £!25 for the months supply :(

Oh no poor you I was thinking of changing to s&s after Xmas but will think twice now hope you feel ok soon

Awww you poor thing, how awful. Hope you're feeling better now, at least all the goodness in the Lipotrim shakes will help you feel better soon. Best of luck this week.

Hey... Sorry you are feeling unwell :-(

I switched from LT to S&S after about 3 weeks as I couldn't get to the chemist every week and there are lots of ppl on the S&S forum that have done then same. I think it's unlikely to be the S&S shakes... Just a nasty coincidence... Seems a shame to waste all that money??!! Perhaps try again and if it happens again you're either very unlucky or the shakes and you don't get on...

I have been on S&S now for 13 weeks so 16 weeks altogether, by no means stuck to it 100% and have lost 57lbs!! Amazing diet!!

Good luck :)

Thanks for the replies everyone - I'm feeling much better and yes the LT definitely did help ! I don't think I could have faced anything else - I have been ravenously hungry the last day or so though. Not sure if I have been knocked out of Ketosis somehow (doubtful) or if it is just a natural response to the bug.

It almost certainly wasn't the S&S that caused the sickness - its just with it happening at the same time, the smell/thought of the products isn't so appealing. LT is incredibly bland and after17 weeks of just the same of flavour the S&S shakes tasted incredibly sweet.

Glad you're feeling better... Strange how are taste buds are all so different... I found the LT incredibly salty I couldn't stand it.. I was dissolving sweeteners to add in to help disguise the saltiness...

Good luck :) I'm sure what ever you choose will be right for you! X

Back