tuna help please

8pinktink8

I've got some fresh tuna for our evening meal, bit haven't a clue what to do with it. S.W Web site is a bit thin on the tuna recipes an they were all for ex. Easy. Any ideas please, I'm on a red day x

Roasted med veg, like courgette, peppers, mushrooms, red onions and use lots of herbs etc lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I like my tuna steak quiet rare (fried on a hot frying pan with fry light) drizzled with lemon juice served with couscous (made with a veg stock cube with soya beans and corriandr mixed through it) and a HUGE salad ... Yum and all free!

If you like rare steak, rare tuna isn't a million miles away!

Yeah I love my steak rare, I hate it over cooked. Probably why I always find tuna so dry. I hate tinned tuna despite it being moister. I'll definitely try it your way, tuna is so good for you x

I buy the frozen tuna steaks and defrost them before cooking. Used to cook the in the oven in a foil packet but they were always over done, dry and tough. I tried a rare tuna steak in a resturant and have been converted, It's much moister cooked rare!

I heat up a frying pan with fry light til nice and hot, then fry the fresh tuna steak for around 3 min a side. How long depends on the thickness of your tuna and how well done you'd like it. You can see the tuna cooking from the side, so I usually wait for the grey to get almost half way up the steak before turning. Doesn't take long at all. I just cook the tuna as it is but you could mariande it first but I add some lemon juice after.

i like it with noodle and veg and dip it in flavoured soy sauce ( ginger, chillie, garlic)

Back