Turkey in September/October

Cavycrazy

Silver Member
Howdee all.

Have never been to Turkey but looking at it for later this year.

Has anyone been and what did you think of the place. ?

Will be very hot that time of year ?

Would love to know your thoughts, many thanks.

Deb x

i was in marmaris in 2006. was brillant, really enjoyed it. would definelty go again! only thing is, dont go walking about on ur own Deb, or if u have any teenage daughters dont let them walk around on their own. turkish men can be a bit sleazy!

I love Turkey, September/October is a great time to go. I have been to Side, Antalya, Alanya, Gumbet, Bodrum, Marmaris, Altinkum and Kusadasi. We are off again to Kemer in June. xxx

Oooh that sounds very positive. :)

I have been looking at Hisaronu, as the place I fancy is very quiet and away from the normal busy tourist areas. Its up in the hills but not too far away from everything if you want the nightlife etc.

Have never been to Turkey and have heard many good things about the country.

Wont be travelling alone, as hubby will be going with me. We need to have a holiday we can just chill out and do nothing much.! We have such a busy year ahead, it would be nice to know we have that to look forward too.

I love looking for holidays. LOL

Deb x

Oooh that sounds very positive. :)

I have been looking at Hisaronu, as the place I fancy is very quiet and away from the normal busy tourist areas. Its up in the hills but not too far away from everything if you want the nightlife etc.

Have never been to Turkey and have heard many good things about the country.

Wont be travelling alone, as hubby will be going with me. We need to have a holiday we can just chill out and do nothing much.! We have such a busy year ahead, it would be nice to know we have that to look forward too.

I love looking for holidays. LOL

Deb x

Hi,

I went to turkey in October for my honeymoon, to Fethiye, the weather was lovely, there were a couple of days of rain, but on the whole the weather was good and we came back with a lovely tan.

Fethiye is not far from hisaronu and we went there for a day trip as well as Olun de Nuz, it's a lovely little place with a bustling night life, and lots and lots of shops.

I found the turkish to be very friendly, and would definitely go back to that part of Turkey again.

If you don't want it toooooo touristy then stay away from Marmaris and Icmeler. You would be better off with like you say Hisaronu or Fethiye. I've never been, but from speaking to my customers these are definitely the resorts I'd be more inclined to go to. I also like the sound of Dalyan. Its a bit inland and connected to the coast by a river. You take water taxi's to the beach and its supposed to be beautiful. Having meals over the river and taking river trips. Sounds great. Just another suggestion for you.

Hope you have a fab time.
Sharonx

I go to Turkey every year to a little fishing village called Kalkan, which is full of lovely roof top terraces and winding streets. Quite small and not too touristy. If you don't like big tourist places avoid the main areas such as Marmaris, Bodrum, Gumbet, Kusadasi. Weather should be lovely in September but can still be quite hot.

Not sure of your budget but we travel with Exclusive Escapes who do some lovely villas in unspoilt areas, as do Tapestry.

Enjoy!

Gx

I've been to Hisaronu and stayed in a resort called Montana Pine there. It was lovely! High up in the hills, but a short taxi ride to the town itself with very easy access to Olu Deniz or Fethiye. We went late September/early October and the weather is still good at that time, although you may experience a few cloudy days too.

I've been to Turkey on many occasions and love the country and the people (although also agree with a previous poster that the men can be a tad sleazy at times *lol*).

I'm sure you'll have a great holiday if you do decide to go there :cool:

We always go to Turkey as my husband is turksish. WE usually go to Hisaroun - smal palce up the mountain a bit from olu Deniz- if you want somehwere quietr and not too touristy thats the place. whne you go down to the beach if u have small kids, there is a gerat plae called Bobs sandy beach - you have to walk along the road which is to your rigt as you get to botom of beach. need to walk a faire way but it is worth it. There is acfe a bar and sunbed s and shllow calm warm water which is great for kids.
bodrum has got to big and tourtisty. We wne to marmairs last as last minute and not keen but holtel ok. We went to a smal palce called turunc for the days and beach was great.

Places to go Pammukkkle Ephesus, turtle beach - on that trip u can go to a mud bath. Also have a turksih bath they r great.

I wouldnt bother going on a boat trip to cleopatras isdland - bit og a let down

PS not aal the turkish men are sleazy

So did we.

Irene xx

Did you like it? Couldn't believe the extent of food they had there:eek:, the quality was great, although walking up about 100 steps to the room was not so good:rolleyes:.

I would definitely go again, nothing is to much trouble and everyone was so very friendly.

the stairs were the problem my daughter in law and I thought we were going to have a heart attack the first time but it did get easier. You can ask for a room in the hotel though

We went in July and it was dead hot 50 degrees even the Turkish staff thought it was too hot

Irene xx

Back