Turn to WW for damage control?? Good idea, or bad?

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Good morning everyone,

I usually hang out in the Lighter Life forum, but want to pick your brains if I may? :)

In 2008 I lost 10 Stone on Lighter Life. I maintained the loss for 2 years, when my elderly mother had an extremely traumatic death. Sparing the details, this shook me to my core, and I fought as long as I could before turning to my old friend food for comfort.

I have since put back on about 3 or 4 stone, and have lost one or two of these new stones more then once. I have found going back to a diet as extreme and hardcore as Lighter Life is far more difficult the second (or third, fourth, etc.) time is far more challenging then the 10 months I did initially - of which I never ever lapsed or cheated.

Trying it now is hopeless. I am finding I still need food for comfort - so I lose the weight and then put it back. I do not want to keep doing this.

So -sorry for the long winded intro - :) - I wondered how you find WW is on a day to day basis. It has been YEARS sionce I did WW.

Do you still have to weigh and measure everything? Or has it gotten a bit freer? I do not do well if constantly weighing, measuring, counting calories, etc.

I need something straight forward, that has good results, and does not take a lifetime.

Part of me feels I should just do it the good old fashioned way - cu back and exercise more - but it is never that easy, is it?

So, I would apreciate any feedbackanyone might have - how you find WW, etc. Do you find you average a reasonable loss each week?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

:)

Hi to you

I read some of your posts when I was doing LL for a while, I had to come off due to health reasons and am looking to restart some semblance of normal eating soon.

I did well with WW last time I did it, losing an average of 2lbs a week, the positives are that you can eat what you want in moderation and it does teach you portion control. The negatives are that on PP you have to point everything apart from fruit & veg. I know there is a way of following ww where you have a list of 'no count' foods and some extra weekly points for other items but have never tried that myself .

I hate to mention it on a ww board but sw may be useful too as there is only very little counting/weighing. I lost weight with them but needed the portion control of ww. so in short it depends what floats your boat and how much cooking from scratch you want to do. Whatever you choose I really hope things work for you, I know you have had a difficult time of it so best wishes from me xx

Hi Vanda :)

Nice to see you :)

THank you for your reply. I just feel I need something now where I can eat something = because I cant seem to eat nothing at the moment and jut keep messing up the plan. Thats why I thought of WW.

SW is a good plan too, but I think there is toooo much freedom in the plan for me. I need a balance. Like you, the portion control is an important factor for me too, so thats why I liked the idea of this type of plan. I jut can't be weighing and measuiring everything - but it sounds like its ot like that so much anymore. I did WW once, but that was about 30 years ago or so!! lol

Will keep researching....thanks very much. :)

xx

Back