Tv prog tonight...

HellieCopter

Gold Member
Just wanted to let you know, there's a programme on BBC2 tonight at 9pm called 'Why are thin people not fat?'
It's a Horizon documentary.

Should be interesting to see if they uncover some real science behind it!

I've been looking forward to this all week, apparently there's a guy on there that had his body react to the enforced calorie intake by gaining 5kg in muscle and his metabolism shot up by 30%!!! Lucky devil, I'm sure after a piece of galaxy my metabolism pops off for a bit of shuteye and my body thinks "right that'll look good as butt padding"! x

Last edited:
That's just not right is it?! lol!

Your metabolism sounds similar to mine. What's that? You're eating healthily? Ooh I'd better slow down to compensate. You're eating crisps? Goodness I can't cope with that. Off to the belly you go!

I've just staryed watching it and i'm jealous of them all already!

I want that Gene!!!!

It seems I'm predestined to be 12 stone, since I was in the womb...

It's not in my control! lol

And me! I don't fell any better for knowing it though lol
Nor for being told that if I want to be lower I'll just have to get used to being hungry all the time - I think SW would have something to say about that x

get bbc i player and you can watch it online or download it to watch it later, handy, but you only have 7 days before it can't be downloaded, although once you have done it you have 30 days to watch the prog.

I watched this and to be honest it just completely depressed me, firstly it made me hungry watching all the food they were eating and then secondly when it said that even if you lose loads of weight, the fat cells that you have never disappear and will make you put loads of weight back on very easily!,

I could really identify though with the fact that some people even when they are full will still eat if something 'nice' is placed in front of them and can't seem to turn that switch off in their brain, that is definitely me and I have to consciously decide to avoid food, its just not fair!

That experiment with the children and the chocolate biscuits was so interesting! Kids just pushing the plate away and others troughing through the whole lot....

I just have to look at my mum to see where these hips came from - and it wasn't from overdosing on chocolate, believe me. But yet, all my slim friends from school are now heavier than me (such a role reversal), so where do genes come into it there? I think it's more a CBT thing: in my house when I was a child, two Penguin biscuits a day were ok, three weren't. Nobody ever said anything about just one. All these years on, I still have that mindset when I have a cup of tea and I've had to reprogramme myself to have one or - shock! - none.

Sounds like an interesting programme. I can't get the BBC player so if anyone knows where I can find it on the internet . . .

I watched this and to be honest it just completely depressed me, firstly it made me hungry watching all the food they were eating and then secondly when it said that even if you lose loads of weight, the fat cells that you have never disappear and will make you put loads of weight back on very easily!,

Don't be down! This is why we love SW :) I actually laughed when they said that if you want to be thin you need to expect a lifetime of hunger - just ask any target or near target members and that's just not true! SW is a lifetime eating plan not a diet.

If you know the SW secret then you know you're not going to be deprived to be thin x

Back