tweaking

When is a tweak a tweak??

I know if you make "crisps" out of thinly sliced potatoes... that would be classed as a tweak.... but what if I had it as part of a meal.... like as an accompliement to some speed soup.

To me its no different than making sw chips or roast potatoes. It's just cut in a different shape.

If this is then allowed would making crisp out of the lasagne sheets be ok... as long as its strictly with my lunch and no bigger a portion than I would if I was eating a bowl of lasagna???

Thankyou

It's a really fine line. Some people can get away with a few tweaks, others can't. For example, I have a smoothie for breakfast most mornings (milk, oats, banana). I never syn the banana, as I'd eat exactly the same amount of food if I had it all as porridge. And it DOES keep me full until lunchtime, despite what is said about blended food not being as filling.

I think the issue with tweaks is having them as snacks between meals. Those potato "crisps" at night in front of the TV? Bad! A few of them with a speed soup probably shouldn't be a problem, you just have to compare it to the amount of food it would be un-tweaked (would you eat a whole baked potato for example with the soup, or would that be too much food?).

I'd be wary of doing it with the pasta though. Potato has at least some nutritional value. Pasta has none.

At the end of the day, you need to experiment and see what works for you. If you try it for a week and still lose a decent amount of weight then you could probably get away with it in moderation. If you don't lose weight then you know the first thing to change the following week. :)

I'm with Wolf here, it is a fine line. I'd say use some common sense, you know if you're having too many tweaks or if they don't form part of a meal.

But if you do find your weight loss isn't fab or slows down take a look at the tweaks.

I do tweaks but not every day, I have wholemeal chapati as part of my hexb, I do other stuff to, but can't remember right now!

Back