tweekedgirl's Weight Loss Diary

Well, after a good couple of days, having a not so good one :p, but not too bothered.

Sat here with a big tub of ice cream (they didn't have any frozen yoghurt :() and having some southern style chicken pieces for tea. So will finish on around 2000 calories for the day. However, the shower at home will be broken until at least Thursday, so I now have no choice but to go to the gym every morning this week unless I want to go to work and uni with greasy hair haha :p

So the plan is to go the gym every morning and burn at least 300 calories combined with healthy eating. Now I'm at a weight which I'm much more comfortable with, I'm far less bothered about how quickly these next 11lbs come off as long they do come off and I don't slip back up x

Don't let one bad day get in your way. You're doing really well keep going- god i miss ice cream.
Well done also for getting to a point where you are comfortable with your weight.
Btw the chorizo dinner sounds lovely.

Thanks Skinnylegs, and don't worry I won't! Straight back on it again.

So today's official weigh-in is 65.8kg, which I'm actually pleased with. As I said, I'm sure last week's weigh-in of 65.8kg was a fluke caused by an alcohol fuelled night out and I actually weighed in at 66.8kg on the Sunday morning which seemed more likely to me. So that being said, technically this week I've lost 1kg which I'm very happy with as I've had a very good controlled week (minus the ice cream and chicken last night xD). I've also given myself a new rule to stick by: if I'm craving something and I have to get it, then get the smallest portion size available. As with the ice cream yesterday, there were many smaller tubs than the one I had, and after I'd eaten the one I had I just felt sickly and guilty and I'm sure I would have much more happy with a smaller sized tub. This goes for all things including takeaways and meals out. Opt for the smallest portion size.

So anyway back on it this morning and hoping for another 1kg loss this week. Started out with the usual bran flakes and fruit cereal, and sat here with a coffee now. Thinking about soup with ryvita for dinner, and then the plan for tea is some form of meat, broccoli and sweet potato mash <3 Much love for that mash. Hope everyone else has a great weekend x

Hello everyone, hope everyone's good!

I've had another couple of good days. On Saturday for tea we ended up having broccoli, red onions slow cooked in balsamic vinegar (yum) and topside beef with a slightly Indian spice mix. Finished the night off with a banoffee tart and a hot chocolate, and so finished my calories on 1419, 109 over my allowance but was all healthy food minus the tart lol.

Yesterday I was at work all day, so cereal for breakfast, soup and a packet of crisps for dinner, and then fish with baby carrots, peas and mashed potatoes and parsnips for tea. Finished yesterday on 1236 so 74 under target whoop. Scales this morning showed a very positive 65.6kg which means I'm now definitely in the 10st 4lb range. I'm hoping if I can maintain this pattern of eating then I can (fingers crossed) get down to 65kg / 10st 3lb for Saturday.

What I've noticed about this second round of calorie counting is that I'm enjoying it so much more, and I'm feeling less restricted by it. When I did it the first time I had a goal of 1200 calories, and I was really obsessive and got upset if I ever went over. This time I've upped my target to 1310 and this makes all the difference for me. I'm finding it much easier to stay within target and I'm able to enjoy my food without worrying how many calories I'm going to be going over. I'm also seeming to loose a lot lot quicker than last time, which is very nice to be able to eat more and lose faster!

So food for today has been the usual cereal for breakfast, had my nice posh coffee, and I'll probably end up having soup for dinner as we're all out of salady items. Tea tonight I'm going to be making pork wraps with a home-made spice mix, I'll try and get hold of some wholemeal wraps, home-made salsa, red pepper and lettuce and sour cream. Can't wait. I always love wraps - so simple, tasty and healthy.

Hi Tweeked girl- just read your whole diary and will be back for more :)

You have done so well and in such a sensible, healthy manner. Your food all sounds delish, varied and "normal" not diet-y or faddy :)

We are a similar height and similarish weight so will def be keeping an eye as you seem to be keeping up the loss momentum really well where as I am moving at such a snails pace now :(

Hope you have a good day.

What do you read at uni?

Thanks Berry, yeh I definitely think I would have failed a long time ago if I'd have gone for a strict 'not allowed that' diet. I think anything can be included in a healthy diet as long as it's in moderation and you account for it. And I'm doing Games Art at uni, in my final year now and graduating in May/June. Can't wait to finish now and get out there in the real world!

Very good couple of days, and very happy with myself. Yesterday we had the pork wraps, and used chapattis as Morrisons didn't have any wholemeal wraps. We had some left over Ol d'el Paso spice mix so used that, and made an absolutely gorgeous home-made salsa following this recipe: Simply Scratch » Homemade Salsa. Managed myself 3 cups of water, and finished the day on 1411 calories, so just over by 101.

Today's also been good. Cereal again for breakfast, and for dinner, I used the left over salsa to create a pasta dish with chicken and the salsa as a sauce. This was amazing and only 298 calories! Got home from uni at 7 so we'd bought a Morrisons stuffed crust BBQ chicken pizza which was 564 calories per half and honestly I was so disappointed. There was barely any dough in the middle so half of the pizza dripped through the oven rack! And it just didn't taste exciting and wasn't particularly filling. Definitely will give that a miss next time and make my own pitta pizzas in future.

Managed 2 glasses of water today and finished the day on 1283 calories, so under by 27. Let's keep this up for the next couple of days and hoping to see a good loss on Saturday!

Well, woke up this morning to see 65.0kg staring me in the face!!

Was expecting perhaps a 0.1kg drop from yesterday, but 0.6kg? That's crazy. That has really spurred me on and there's no way I'm messing this week up. If I maintain this there's a potential that I can say I'm 10st 2lb on Saturday, and then that's only 3lb away from single figures! I initially had a goal in my head that I wanted to reach single figures for my birthday (Jan 16th), but I think I'm going to bring that forward a bit now. I think I'm going to aim for 9st 13lbs for Christmas, and then 9st 11lbs for my birthday.

Food today has been a two-egg omelette (shaking it up a bit lol), and had a small mocha with no added sugar this morning at uni. I've got some breakfast biscuits and a banana for dinner, and then Costa has buy one get one free between 2pm and 5pm, so there's no way I'm letting that go to waste (did I mention they'd built one 2 minutes walk from uni that opened on Monday?). Think I'm going to try their salted caramel latte, sounds a little bit like it'll either be amazing or disgusting. But either way the skinny one is 288 calories, so not TOO bad.

So all that added up leaves with me 313 calories for tea. Think I'll go for some form of meat with broccoli and balsamic red onions again as this works out at around 350 calories. And then water for desert...

Awesome loss, congrats! Will be looking back to see your verdict on the salted caramel latte. I haven't had a festive coffee yet (this is insane usually I have a redcup glued to my hand from November onward!!) :)

Well done you! I bet you're really happy keep it up. The costa coffee sounds lovely I think I might treat myself when I next go Christmas shopping just to help me get through it.

You're doing so well! Delighted for you! You will definitely see the 9's by Christmas. Great Christmas present!

Don't drink coffee but I do love a flavoured skinny hot choc! My fav is peppermint but might treat myself to a salted caramel one, just for research purposes ;)

The salted caramel one is beatiful :)

I will deffo be adding the ingredients for your chorizo pasta to my shopping list. You attitude to health is very healthy :) It was a good idea raising your daily calorie limit to 1310. Have you been counting calories all the way through your diet?

Your gym sounds fab :D A mental workout at the same time as your phsical one. I wouldn't be surprised if Carol Vorderman joined.

I love that so many people on here are so close to their goals.

Thanks everyone! And Ruthie, you definitely have to give the chorizo dish a go - it's gorgeous. I do love my gym but unfortunately with balancing work and uni I only get chance to go once a week. We break up for semester break in two weeks and we're off for a month so hoping to go twice a week over Christmas for damage limitation haha.

The salted caramel latte wasn't too bad, maybe a little bit sickly for me so I reckon I'll be sticking to my normal mochas from now on. Also accidentally forgot to ask for the skinny version so have gone over my calories by 53, whoops :p

So had another good day both food and exercise wise :)

Food has been: fruit and fibre cereal for breakfast, a banana, Heinz pea and ham soup for lunch, chilli made with lean steak mince and a good dollop of soured cream, sugarsnap peas for a snack, and then drinks have been 2 coffees and an Options hot chocolate. Total comes to 1326 for the day.

Also got to the gym today and burned about 400 calories, which I've not eaten back, so really hoping for a nice result this week on the scales. Have a good night everyone!

Morning everyone!

So today's official weigh-in is 64.8kg :D That's another loss this week of 1kg and brings me down to just about 10st 2lb. Very, very pleased with this.

The past two days have been quite difficult and I've really been in a snacking mood, but I've kept it to a minimum and when I couldn't resist I've snacked on nuts or dried fruit. When I went to work on Thursday morning, someone had brought it a giant chocolate cake cut into pieces for everyone to share and left it in the staff room (sabotage). I must have gone and stared at it multiple times haha but I didn't give in and I didn't even have the teeniest slice.

Food yesterday wasn't too bad, though I did go over by about 150 calories in the end. Had cereal for breakfast, mocha and sweet chilli chicken wrap with mayo at uni, a few of the BF's nachos at the cinema, Heinz carrot and coriander soup, and then for tea I made the chorizo pasta thing again from last week. It's absolutely gorgeous and I'd have that every day if I could lol.

This week's good result is keeping me motivated, and there's no point taking the foot of the accelerator now is there? Going to crack on and having another good week (though I do believe there may be a take-away this week since we didn't have one last week) and try and push for single figures asap. Food today has been the usual cereal and a coffee for breakfast. Dinner I'm thinking carrot and coriander soup with maybe a little pasta to make it a bit more filling, and for tea I'll be making cottage pie with sweet potato topping, broccoli and gravy yum. Hope everyone else has a great weekend too :) x

Last edited:
Thank you Ruthie, and yeh when I get my own place I'm definitely going to be getting hold of some gym equipment. Would definitely do more exercise if I could just go and do ten minutes here and there when I'm bored lol.

Feels like it's been a quiet weekend here, so I hope everyone is doing well! Yesterday ended up being my takeaway night, so me and the BF had a scallop barm each and then shared salt and pepper chicken and chips. Finished the day on 1979 calories, but also managed to get in 50 minutes of walking to help balance out the worst of the damage haha.

Today I've been back on track. Cereal for breakfast, and then a lovely meal for dinner. I had some sweet potato to use up so had a look on BBC Good Food and came across this recipe: Grilled sausages with tomato & sage recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food I used some Richmond Thin Sausages and rosemary and it was gorgeous. Only 250 calories but really tasty and filling and good for when I fancy a hot dinner and don't want soup. Had wraps for tea and then a banana after and finished the day on 1401, so just over by 91 calories. Also managed to get two glasses of water in there.

I've set myself the December challenge of loosing 3lbs this month, which I feel is perfectly reasonable considering how much food is generally consumed during the festive month.

RawrGirl has a 3 pound loss goal for December as well (at least by the 21st, lol, she fully expects a gain by New Years). Congrats on your 1k loss -- that's awesome!

Thank you RawrGirl, we'll shed this 3lbs together ^_^

So, constipation is back :( making me feel bloated in the morning and stuck at 65.3kg - it just won't budge! I'm going to go and get some prune juice as Squishy suggested and hopefully a glass of this a day will help to keep me going haha.

Not really got much exciting planned food-wise today. The usual fruit and fibre cereal with a coffee this morning, and planning to have a chicken and pasta salad with the left over home-made salsa from the wraps last night for dinner. Not decided on tea yet, but something low carb, so maybe pork chops, broccoli and onions? I'm at uni 1:30-6:00, so I'll be having my mocha and also taking a banana with me for when I feel a little peckish. I'll be getting in my 50 minutes of exercise today, since we're out of petrol and can't afford to put any in until we get paid so walk everywhere it is :p

Mornin' all! Hope everyone's well.

Yesterday - not quite sure what happened but ended the day on just under 2000 calories whoops :? I ended up making a chicken madras curry with brown rice and mini naans and this ended up coming in at about 800 calories. Apart from the naans everything was healthy food and dinner was also healthy with a tuna pasta with salsa dressing, but with a few calorific drinks adding up to 630 calories these pushed me way over my allowance. Ah well we live and learn and next time I'll say no to the toffee apple Brothers cider I'm offered :p

So this morning my weight is STILL stuck at 65.3kg (doing my head in now!) but I supposed that's to be expected after yesterday. The plan is to be extra careful for the next three days and really push for a little loss on Saturday. This definitely means next to no carbs expect maybe a banana and soup for dinner for the next three days. I also got some of the prune juice that you recommended Squishy and to be fair it's not that bad. If I had to compare it to anything it would be like watered down blueberry juice haha. So yeh, plan for today is: cereal and coffee for breakfast, glass of water, soup with a Ryvita for dinner, glass of water, banana as a snack, and then meat, broccoli and some other veg for tea. And then water. Let's crack on x

Thought I'd pop on quickly and post about today's small mental/willpower related victory.

It's fair to say I have a massive love for Walker's Sensations, and every now and again I'd buy and eat the entire of one of those 150g 'sharing' bags. Was craving some today and so bought a bag. Now usually I'd take it upstairs and polish the thing off in front of the computer. However today, I actually weighed out a reasonable portion of 40g, which works out at 201 calories, and is within my calories for the day. The rest of the bag has been folded up in a cupboard somewhere to be eaten tomorrow. Habits are hard to break but really feel like I've achieved something here lol.

For tea we ended up having chinese style pork chops with all the fat cut off with broccoli and carrots (322 calories). Gonna finish the day with an Options hot chocolate meaning my total is 1285/1310 calories ^_^ Very pleased.

Back