tweekedgirl's Weight Loss Diary

Thanks Jooshik :)

So...not much has been happening this week. Just getting on with uni work as we have some hand ins coming up, and trying to keep my eating to a nice routine. I'm back on myfitnesspal and calorie counting, and at the moment I'm averaging about 1300 net calories per day which seems okay. I honestly in my head feel that I'm putting weight on, and without the scales to keep me in check I'm possibly a little more lax about what I'm eating than I might have been otherwise. This definitely tells me that once I do get to goal weight the scales will still be around to help me maintain.

Despite feeling that I'm doing really badly, my actual eating is quite healthy. I've been keeping with my bran flakes for breakfast, and on Wednesday we had chilli for tea and yesterday was fish with peas and carrots and sweet potato mash. Dinner on Wed was a chicken tikka wrap, and yesterday I had chicken noodle soup with ryvita. Snacks for the past week have either been low fat greek yoghurt or fruit. I do think my downfall is hot drinks (as I sit here sipping a mocha) and we've recently restocked on coffee pods for our Lavazza coffee machine, so I've had a skinny latte for the past two nights instead of my usual 30 calorie hot chocolate. I'll be getting some more of those as I don't think such a strong drink at 7pm is doing my sleeping any good as I'm absolutely shattered right now!

So I'm going to be carrying on these eating habits (please point out if there's something bad I'm missing in there) and keep my fingers crossed for a loss. To be honest I'd be happy with a STS even though I would be a bit gutted that I'd be three weeks behind on my weight loss.

This week I'm also trying to fit in as much 'at home' exercise as I can. On Wednesday I started off with an exercise DVD called 10 minute Kettlebell Solutions. It's a hardcore workout and there are different work outs that focus on different parts of the body. I did maximum fat burner and yesterday my legs were in that much pain I had to give it a miss. However, they're feeling good this morning so when I get back from uni I'll be having another go at one of those. Potentially the upper body one as I need to get rid of these flabby arms haha. Also trying to include more impromptu walks, and Wednesday got me and the BF out for half an hour in the chilly winter evening which was nice.

Tonight I'm off out with the girls, so there will be plenty of drinks involved. I'm going to be getting a little bottle of Baileys and I don't expect there'll be any left in the morning. As I don't think there's any boys with us, there's less pressure to end the night with a greasy takeaway, but in the eventuality that we do grab something to eat, I'll opt for my usual chicken tikka pitta with minimum garlic mayo, as this seems to be the best of a bad bunch of things to choose from!

Anyways, enough of me going on, I hope that's not too much to read this early on a Friday and I hope everyone has a good day :) x

Well, I couldn't resist any longer, so I bought new scales this morning.

65.8kg / 10st 9lb :(

Absolutely gutted that I've managed to put on three pounds in two weeks. I knew that we were eating out quite a bit these last couple of weeks, but I didn't realise it would have that much of an effect as I've still been having low calorie healthy breakfasts and dinners and trying to get more active.

But now I know, I can turn this around quickly. I'm going to put my calories back down to 1200 and force myself to go to the gym at least twice a week now. I refuse to go back to where I was and I'm now far too close to 11st for my liking.

Let's pull back November and get back on track x

Wait. I'm now beyond confused.

I've been weighing myself in .kg and then taking this weight and converting it into stones and lbs using this conversion chart: Weight Conversion Chart | Tesco Diets

According to that chart 65.8kg is 10st 4lb, which would actually mean I've lost 2 lbs. But on these new scales I'm showing 65.8 when I weigh in kg and 10st 9lbs when in weigh on it in stones and lbs.

That is a massive 5lb discrepancy between the two units, so do I just continue weighing-in in kilograms and ignore the stones and lbs on the scales? If so, ignore the sorrow of the last post. I'm now actually overjoyed! :D / :S

Edit: Next time I go to the gym I'll weigh-in there. At least then I'll know how to read these new scales from now on.

I calculate it as 10st5?! It's 10.36st but 0.36 of a stone is 5lb, if that makes sense?! Have a converter app on my phone!

Either way, well done. You're in a great frame of mind so keep doing what you're doing. X

Thanks Squishy, think I'm going to take it as just 10st 4lb since I've been going off that chart since I started and I'll make sure I'm properly into 10st 4lbs in the next day or two. :p

Like I said, I'll weigh-in at the gym as soon as and if it turns out my new scales are terribly wrong then I'll update my weight accordingly.

tweekedgirl said:
Thanks Squishy, think I'm going to take it as just 10st 4lb since I've been going off that chart since I started and I'll make sure I'm properly into 10st 4lbs in the next day or two. :p

Like I said, I'll weigh-in at the gym as soon as and if it turns out my new scales are terribly wrong then I'll update my weight accordingly.

Sounds good!

Love the new pic by the way! Swit swoo!!

I've found this when i've been trying to convert stones and pounds to just pounds there is such a massive fluctuation! I've been using the tesco diet able because i've found it the accurate, on some I was heavier even though I had lost weight?!

RawrGirl thinks comparing to the gym scale and adjusting that to your home scale is probably most accurate. Hope you see a loss or at least a STS. We are all doing fabulous and with the holidays looming on the horizon it does make it a bit stressful, but we can pull through.

Thank you Rawrgirl, and yes we will all get there in the end!

Not done too badly yesterday. I had my usual cereal for breakfast, a lovely Heinz carrot and coriander soup for dinner and then me and the OH split a portion of chicken and chips from the takeaway for tea. What I've noticed is that I get much fuller more quick these days. 6 months ago I would have had my own portion of large chips, own portion of chicken, and we would have had spring rolls and scallop barms for starters all washed down with energy drinks. I've barely touched energy drinks since I started my diet except for the odd sip, and I'm generally feeling less 'cravy' for bad foods.

As you may have noticed from my diary, I've been quite off track these past couple of weeks but I'm fixing this one day at a time.

Today as always I've had cereal for breakfast and on my second coffee of the day. Going to be having another soup for dinner, and we've got green Thai curry with brown rice and mini naan breads planned for tea. I wanted to do a Massaman curry but Morrisons was all out of paste!

Hope everyone is having a good day too x

So RawrGirl is curious...is "tea" a meal? And how does it fit into the day?

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Tea

OR

Breakfast
Dinner
Tea

RawrGirl's Facebook Timeline pic is this beautiful landscape of England's highest peak from a house for sale in Ennerdale, Cumbria. And while RawrGirl knows it will not still be available by the time she is able to move, it is still her dream. Prince Charming's first choice is Colorado...but if America doesn't survive the next 4 years, he agreed to move to England. :D (RawrGirl wants to be an inkling).

Anyway...one day at a time is a great outlook. We are all so close to goal...sometimes it seems like this is the time to let up a bit, enjoy some food, etc...but esp with the holidays approaching, we should actually stick with our plans rigorously and not fall prey to slacking. (RawrGirl should listen to her own advice, as she thinks she over did it this weekend, lol.)

Tea is what I think most people call dinner.

So breakfast between 8/9am, dinner or lunch at 1/2pm and then tea at 5/6pm. Hope that's cleared that up! :)

So today I've been really good, and my first full day where I can honestly say I've been on-track, not snacked and stayed within my calories. I was feeling a little peckish just before my soup so had some low fat greek yoghurt as I worked it out before hand to make sure I wouldn't go over. Finished the day on 1223/1310 calories.

This has spurred me on a little knowing I CAN do this still, and so I'm very positive about the rest of the week and looking forward to perhaps a little loss on Saturday.

It depends where you come from. I'm from the south and dinner is always the main meal in the evening. If you had a big lunch for some reason and then a small evening meal it would be tea or supper.

But I went to university in Sheffield and up there dinner was always the lunchtime meal even if it was a sandwich!

Yeh over here it depends where you come from. I use the term dinner or lunch, I'm not too fussed and just depends on which word comes to my head first haha. But dinner/lunch generally tends to be a small meal around 200/300 calories so like soup or salad. The big 600-800 calorie meal I call tea, and I don't have any meal called supper though I remember as a kid having a bowl of cereal around 8pm for my supper.

So today WILL be another good day. I've had my usual fruit and fibre bran flakes for breakfast, and am currently debating between soup or pasta for dinner, as the OH is planning on making soup for tea and I don't want to go soup crazy and get bored. I'll add up what I'm planning to eat and see if I can fit in some pasta.

Oh god, just added up the calories for the soup he's planning and it's 950 calories! It's a French onion soup with gruyere cheese, so I think I'll just have to have it without any bread and save myself 300 calories there.

Decided to go for spicy tomato and tuna pasta for lunch, working out at 275 calories, and when I add in my mocha that I'll be having later at uni that leaves me with 123 calories left, so that means I can have my options hot chocolate tonight ^_^

RawrGirl recently saw soup on pintrest called Lasagna soup. It was tomato based (obviously) with all the stuff you would put in a lasagna -- sausage, onion, pepper, mushrooms, and garlic topped with mozzarella cheese. Of course they had some sort of pasta too, which RawrGirl would skip. Plus she is going to make it with lean ground beef instead of sausage. RawrGirl does not like plain tomato soup, but this sounded pretty good so she's gonna give it a try.

BTW, her cream of potato soup over the weekend was fab. She made it with cream and water (instead of milk) plus added 1/2 tb sour cream, 1 tb bacon bits, and topped with cheddar cheese (she would have added chives, but she didn't have any). Point it, it was super yummy, low cal, and might give you more options that way. You could even add mashed cauliflower to it to make it filling enough to be a full meal. Just a thought.

Hey RawrGirl, that Lasagne soup sounds really nice! Might have to give that a go sometime soon.

I've got a book of 500 soups so we make our way through those. I love how versatile soups are, you can have them for most meals of the day and there's such a massive variety.

Well finished the day on 1363 calories, so 53 over my daily limit. This was caused by having one of the mini naans left over from the curry yesterday. However, this was still 150 calories less than the french bread so not too fussed about that. Also not having my hot chocolate to compensate so sat here now with a glass of water - mmm tasty :p

Evening all, hope everyone's had a great day.

I've finished for the day on 1324 so good stuff. For tea I had an absolutely gorgeous pasta dish which I have to share.

For two people:

200g of pasta (I used a mixture of spaghetti and tagliatelle)
100g of chorizo
a sprig of rosemary
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp of double cream

Cook the pasta, and at the same time fry the chorizo (cut into little chunks) in a bit of olive oil. When the pasta is done, add the cooked chorizo, the tinned tomatoes and rosemary (chopped up) and then add the two spoons of double cream. Cook for a minute until the cream is all mixed in and then serve. Works out at around 600 calories but is really simple, quick and filling and tastes divine for how little ingredients are needed.

I know chorizo and double cream aren't top of most people's lists when it comes to food low in calories and fat but I definitely don't think it would be anywhere near as nice if you substituted these for anything else.

So yeh, three good days on the trot which are definitely paying off. I'm sure last Saturday's weigh-in was a fluke as weighed myself the day after and was up at 66.8kg. However, that's slowly dropping and this morning was at 66.0kg. Hopefully if it keeps at this rate I can definitely say I'm 10st 4lb this coming Saturday.

OMG I'm drooling. That sounds like heaven. Yum!

Hey everyone :)

Still having a good couple of days, and yesterday the scales were showing 65.7kg Whoop. Our shower had broken this morning so I've not had chance to check what I'm at today, but hopefully by tomorrow's official weigh-in I will have pushed for a little bit more. I also managed to get the gym yesterday and weigh-in and happily my at-home scales are the same, so I can now safely take their reading as accurate.

They've refurbished the gym I'm at so all of the cardiovascular equipment has been replaced and they've also got a few new pieces. One of them is called 'stride' I think and the only way to describe the way it feels whilst on it is like wading through mud. At first I thought it was quite easy but two minutes in my heart was working over time and I was in such a sweat. Burnt 70 calories in 5 minutes so definitely think I'll be spending some time on that bad boy. They've also updated the TVs on the bikes, and you can now play games on them! I spent my bike exercise playing Mahjong and Soduku haha. All in all I did approximately 45 minutes on the equipment and burnt about 330 calories so good stuff.

Food yesterday was nice - cereal for breakfast, chicken and sweetcorn mayo pasta for lunch and then chilli for tea. So far today I've had cereal for breakfast, had some Heinz lentil soup with a bit of pasta for dinner, and then tea has not yet been decided. We're off to the cinema in about 2 hours and I think I'll be having nachos so might just have those (as they're really filling and calorific aha) and then something small for tea.

Last edited:
Back