twinmum07's diary

twinmum07

Silver Member
Hi
I have just joined up on here but have been doing Weightwatchers since November 2010 with a start weight of 14st8
I had my weight down to 2st4 at the end of December but have had gladular fever and lost motivation and am currently back up to 12st8. It is a little frustrating that i now have to relose gained weight but once that 4lbs is back off i am looking forward to hitting new goals.

I am a 31 year old part time teacher so I struggle with the holidays and still can't shake the desire to stuff my face in the holidays. I have 3 fabulous children, twins aged 3 and a cheeky 14 month old, but they have caused some changes to my body but not to my weight. After having the twins I was down to my pre-pregnancy weight straight away and after number 3 I was much heavier but continued to gain long after his arrival so I can't really blame them.
I know the scales say I have lost just over 3 stones but I still don't feel any different so I think I just need a bit of a mental boost from the support on here for me to actually feel some pride in what i have done and what i am doing.

Last week we all went on an impromtu camping trip to France for 5 days, whcih was great and I was pretty good. I used all my dailies and weeklies plus more but i made sure it stayed within my exercise points so lost 1/2 lb last week so was quite pleased to still lose despite exposure to my 3 major weaknesses of wine, cheese and bread. However, in the first 2 days of this week I have already blown my weeklies and some of my exercise points and need to give myself a major mental slap to avoid a gain this week. Today is going well and i have only had 9 points so far so hoping I can keep it going for the rest of the day and week.

Anyway, must stop prattling on!

Have had a bit of a cleaning blast on the top floor so that has given my points pedometer a bit of a much needed boost after spending too long sitting on my bottom poking about on here today.
I think I might have a feta cheese and bacon salad for tea once the kids are in bed but we really need to sit down and menu plan as it is too easy to fall into not knowing what to have for tea and then settling on a takeaway option.

Hi Twinmum :D you sound very organised... must be the teacher element. I lost weight with all 3 of my pregnancies and rapidly gained stones in the months after. I still blame the kids though lol. Had I not been tied to the house so much or thrown through such a hoop for the 1st year of their lives I would have been off somewhere being slim :p

You have done so amazingly well and you are half way to goal so should be incredibly proud of yourself. Minis is definitely the right place to be for a boost. Good luck and welcome to the board.

xxxx

I went into hiding as I had a dominoes, Easter Eggs and fish and chips so had nothing positive to say but then on Tuesday I lost 1.5lbs so stunned and confused but very motivated. I just hope that last week's naughtiness isn't just slow to show as I would hate it to show up next week as I am going to be an angel.
Last night we had a takeaway and a little more wine than was sensible but I had my full weekly allowance available so all is not lost and i will be staying within my 29 for the rest of the week and avoiding the silly empty alcohol points.

I have back tracked yesterday and due to a light breakfast and lunch I only used 7 of my weeklies and I earned 5 activity points on my pedometer so feel quite please my evening of overindulgence wasn't too bad.
Today I have used 10 points and am going to change the little man's bottom, finish my fruit tea and then walk up to vote. If i leave at 1pm i can wander and clock up some points on my pedometer until I pick the twins up from school at 3.15pm.
If i can lose 1lb then I will be back down to 15% loss and if i can lose 1.5lbs again then I am back to where i was before the glandular fever so lots to aim for this week.
Hopefully I can go for a 'quickie' at the gym after the kids have gone to bed too

Have had a lovely long walk this afternoon and have 8 points on my pedometer, which is a personal best - woohoo!
However, I might give in to my sausage sandwich urges for tea.

Hopefully I can plod a little more this evening and rack up even more on my pedometer

ooo good luck on getting back to where you were this week! Im doing the very same... but I have 1.5 stones to go and defintiely need more than a week... SIGH!

Back