Two newbies here,

Robandmandy

Hello everyone, Good morning to you all.

i would like to introduce ourselves, i am mandy and rob is my husband. we have started slimming world together to help each other through it, we are doing it at home as i have been in the past.

I have pcos, and have been over weight for 10 years now, i yoyo like mad. i was a nice slim size 10 until i came off the pill to try for a baby then my pcos kicked in and here i am 10 years later 4 stone heavier that i would like.

Rob decided to join me on the diet this time as we were going out for a meal and he tried to put smart trousers on, only he could not fit into any of them. it was a wake up for rob.

we as a couple have been trying for a baby for 10 years unsuccesfully, we have had 3 courses of IVF ( well icsi) but with no success. it came down to a choice, spend about 7000 on another course and all the emotional stress plus i might have to give my job up as i do not have an understanding boss and would not approve of the time off last minute to travel to leeds or 3000 on a cruise. after a long chat we decided to live our life and come to terms with the fact we would not have kids, so now it is waiting for the royal caribbean site to allow us to book our cruise, not yet taking booking for september 22nd 2012. so that brings us to our goal, no goal weights just would like to be slimmer, for the formal outfilts. looking forward to wearing the fancy dresses.:D

nice meeting you all

Mandy.

Hi Mandy and Rob,
Welcome back to sw, and to minimins xx.
So sorry to hear of your problems, but well done on making the decision to take control of yr weigh. I've come to the conclusion that there are some things in life that u just can't have any control over, but weight isn't one of them.
I wish you both lots and lots of luck with of your weight loss, and I'm sure u will both look fab for yr cruise (im Sooo jealous!).
Just as an afterthought, there are some threads on here from women suffering from pcos, and also others hoping to start a family. So u will find lots of friendly, like minded people on here who will be only too willing to share their experiences and tips with you.
Good luck xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Saying Hi

aargh

Last edited:
Hello, welcome to minimins. Good luck losing the lbs xx

TwinkleToes2day said:

??? LOL :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

hiya, good luck with getting slimmer to you both. I've pcos myself and type 2 diabetes (they often go hand in hand). I'd ideally like to follow lower carb but am very undisciplined. :-D

Hi Rob and Mandy and welcome!
Having tried for babies for 10 years and going down the IVF/ICSI route I can completely understand you two drawing a line and living your lives for yourselves x We did finally get our twin daughters but I'm not sure I would have gone through that hormonal and emotional rollercoaster again!
Fantastic news on your decision to go on a cruise, I'm sure I'm not the only jealous one out there!
Good luck on your weight loss journey xx

hi you two,i know the trying for a family issue,its an emotional rollercoater ive been down this road and am still on it !.i wish the pair of you the best of luck,ive just started sw last nite ive done it before but now ive got to do it properly ,enoughs enough my life has been put on hold for two long.so im embracing this new journey with new confidence,the worst is im away for the weekend but im going to enjoy myself but not go beserk,so heres two you both good luck ,let me know how you get on:D

Thank you all for the friendly welcomes looking forward to getting to know you all better. rob is in the kitchen making up a sw mousse now, he had been reading the recipe section :) lol

Hi RobandMandy, Welcome.

Hope you continue to post on this fab forum and get the help and support that is here in abundance!!

Look forward to seeing your progress.

Notice you are growing your own veg. Can't beat it. Taste is soo different and delish. Used to be an avid gardener myself until my back gave up the ghost (old age you know!!) Had an allotment and a greenhouse too. - Those were the days!
All the very best to you....:)

Thank you all for the friendly welcomes looking forward to getting to know you all better. rob is in the kitchen making up a sw mousse now, he had been reading the recipe section :) lol

Hi...wondered how u got on with the mousse? :eat: Was it nice? x

Back