Two Shakes A Day??

HappyNoodles

Gold Member
Hey all,
please don't give out too but but I'm on Day 6 and so far I've just noticed I've only been having two shakes a day!
I've just been mad busy and didn't really even notice!
I know you need three for all your vitamins and minerals buuuut -please don't give out!- my friend did two a day and lost about double the average loses(about a stone every 2 weeks and 2stone the first 2weeks!)
Also, it works out alot cheaper this way!
I'm not encouraging anyone to do this by the way!
But what are opinions on it?

xx

mmmm...well, I think you are running on empty to be honest and it isnt advisable.....not sure whether I understand all the issues regarding getting into starvation mode, etc, so not going to comment.

I personally think the diet is hard enough without making it even more difficult for you.

You wont be getting your vitamins and minerals, which is so important for your own sake....we all need these and we usually get them from food...so, the fact you are not, it is very worrying.

Maybe someone with a little more knowledge of vitamins, etc can give you some advice.

It's entirely up to you, but surprised your pharmacy is even advocating this!

Just be careful...I feel faint enough just with three shakes, let alone two.

I wouldn't recommend it at all!! As Scotsmist said, you're running on empty. You're on little enough nutrition as it is without taking in less with 2 shakes. You run the risk of possibly doing long-term damage to your organs etc. if you do this! Your friend might have been lucky to get away with it- but why risk it? I thought the aim of losing weight was to get healthy? (as well as look good of course, but you know what I mean!)

Aw I completely agree with you both, i had genuinly been forgetting about my third shake and when i realised i was doing fine without it, it just made me think in a more money saving way!
Oh the pharmacy would never advocate it, you're dead right though if it was healthy to do 2 shakes that's the way it'd be!!
I think i just needed someone to tell me so!

Thanks!

Your welcome
Please try and remember to take all your shakes...it really isnt good and you also run the risk of just totally going off the rails because it is an impossible task.
Let us know how you are getting on.

Potential ruin to your health if doing this long term has surely got to be a bigger consideration than saving a few quid??

Personally I think it's a daft idea and i hope you and your friend are now having 3 shakes a day, as per the strict instructions of the diet or you may find yourself in difficulties. nThis is potentially pretty dangerous.

I did - just thought i'd add my views :)

Hi Daisy, Please, please make sure you have all three form now on in.....your health is vastly more important than saving a few pounds.....

I know it's all sorted now, but just in case there's any lurkers who may think this is a good idea, I'll add my 5 cents worth :)

Some people think it's okay just to have two and perhaps add a vit tablet, but that doesn't work either.

Probably the most important macro nutrient when you are dieting is protein, and having two shakes wont supply enough. The protein will help reduce the amount of lean (ie muscle etc) loss. And of course, it's vital that we keep as much of that as possible for keep the metabolism ticking over nicely, help with maintenance, and looking after all the incredibly important muscles in our bodies such as the heart.

These VLCDs are perfectly balanced to keep us well, with a good supply of everything, not just vits and minerals. It's pretty hard to replicate it with tablets etc.

Besides, I've generally found people that reduce their shakes below the recommended, end up losing less per week and are more likely to give up the diet quicker.

Hey all,
please don't give out too but but I'm on Day 6 and so far I've just noticed I've only been having two shakes a day!
I've just been mad busy and didn't really even notice!
I know you need three for all your vitamins and minerals buuuut -please don't give out!- my friend did two a day and lost about double the average loses(about a stone every 2 weeks and 2stone the first 2weeks!)
Also, it works out alot cheaper this way!
I'm not encouraging anyone to do this by the way!
But what are opinions on it?

xx
Hi Daisyhappy,

As you can see from all the advice on the posts everyone here is very concerned for you and your health.:hug99:

In the first week your weight loss is made up of mostly glycogen and water and depending on your own reserves of glycogen this will dictate how much weight you lose.

The average weight loss is around 10lb in the first week but I have seen some who can lose from as low as 3lb up to a high of 18 pound in their first week.

In the first four to six weeks you will have the biggest weight loss.

After that it settles down into your own individual weight loss pattern and this will depend on how much weight you have to lose, how active you are and whether you are a man or a woman as men tend to lose more... as well as women over 5' 6".

The true weight loss of missing out a shake a day is probably a little more than a pound of fat over the course of a month.

Calories in a pound = 3,500

Calories in a shake is about 140 x 30 missed shakes = 4200

By missing out on a shake a day you have not made much of a difference to your fat weight loss.

Lipotrim is scientifically balanced in 3 shakes to make sure your body has all of its daily requirements to stay in good health.

Your body is paying a very high price if you miss out on your shakes.

When you do not get enough carb, protein, vitamins, minerals and trace elements in your daily diet over time this will show both inside and out.

On this forum we advise all our members who are on a Food Replacement Diet to follow the directions and to have all their shakes.

We can not condone the miss-use of this product.

When used properly and according to directions they are a valuable aid in the battle against obesity.

"Your health is your wealth"!

Love Mini xxx

Aw Mini that's a great post, really appreciate it :)
Thanks a mill, always full of wisdom.
I know you're right as i say i think i just needed it pointed out!

Thanks again xx

Back