Two things :) - NEW-FOUND MOTIVATION, PUSH ME!

10st10lbs

Gold Member
Wahhh, there's no prefix for Success Express!!

Just started on it today, I feel so much more in control, thank God. This is pretty much how I do my Green days, but I just feel as though I have SO much more choice as I'm not weighing my meat!

Including my food diary entry of today, in the hope that someone can take a quick look and let me know if I'm doing OK...

Sunday 19/09 - Success Express

I WILL do this.

Breakfast
- 1 chocolate Weetabix (1/2 HExB1 + 1 syn) with 150ml skimmed milk (3/7 HExA) and chopped banana
- Activia FF strawberry yoghurt poured over five chopped up strawberries

1:30pm
- 500ml water

2:00pm
- 750ml water

Snack
- Boiled sweet (1.5 syns)
- A few bites of lamb (taste testing lunch)
- A slice of melon (just because I'd had the lamb!)

4:00pm
- 500ml water

Snack
- Handful of SW crisps with salt, basil and paprika

Lunch
- 1 bowl homemade soup with tinned tomatoes, baked beans in tomato sauce, carrot, leek, celery, potatoes, salt, basil and paprika
- 5 boneless lamb chunks (about half a handful), fat removed
- 1 bowl cucumber, carrot, lettuce, cabbage, broccoli and raddish salad with EL mayo (0.5 syns)

Snack
- 2 spoons potato salad (1 syn)
- Coffee with 50ml skimmed milk (1/7 HExA)

7:45pm
- 1L water

Total syns: 1 + 1.5 + 0.5 + 1 = 4 syns

I don't usually put in quantities but am adding them so you can kick me up the bum if you notice I'm doing something wrong? I read up on SE when I first started SW and then it was mentioned and explained further to me by a stand-in C's C friend at WI as she thought it may boost my losses after fasting... Decided to give it a go after a horrible 3 days of 77 syns :( So any help would be appreciated :)

(big kisses in advance!)

Oh and the second thing was...

If I asked my C, would she have access to all my data from the beginning? There are weeks that are a total blank to me, I have looked on here and through my texts and everywhere I could possibly think of where I may have written down my losses/gains, but I just can't find these certain weeks! I'd like to know if it's a possibility to get this info - whether or not my C actually has the time to find it for me is a different issue, but I'd like to think she could help :)

Thanks guys, for any help in advance!
Ali xxxxx

Last edited:
I don't understand why you're hardly eating anything and are counting water as a snack/meal?

I was thinking the same - why do you have lunch so late? Are you working shifts?

I've just done a week of success express and lost 2lb which I am happy about, after months of messing around losing and gaining the same few lbs. I did however use my old books and have eggs and fat free yoghurt as free foods, which the new success express booklet apparently don't allow.

I've had a quick look at your food diary, make sure your veggies are superfree and make up 2/3 of your plate. (Potatoes, sweetcorn, peas, baked beans etc have make up the other 1/3 of your plate along with any meat).

I also noticed you had potato salad, when you have synned food on SE you must check the syns on red and green days and use the highest syn amount. For example if you had batchelors pasta and sauce macaroni and cheese, it is 2 syns on green and 19 syns on red, you must count it as 19 syns.

Someone may want to jump in here but I don't think you would be able to have sw crisps as free food on SE either. They advise snacks to be healthy extras, superfree food or syns.

I imagine your consultant would only have details of your losses from when your class first went electronic. I expect they have dumped all the old paper weekly charts they used previously, you may be lucky and have a consultant that is a hoarder! I have always added my losses to the sw website so I can look back myself to my ups and downs.

Hope that helps :)

im just coming to the end of a SE week but not sure if id do it for a full week again as it takes a lot of work to make sure your 2/3 are the correct amount and right type, i also used the old SE rules mumoftwo so ive been counting quorn pieces as a SF food whereas now thats not mentioned in the list.

your breakfast certainly sounds like a SE meal as the fruit and yoghurt should have added up to 2/3's but thats only going on the old list where yoghurt is included.

what happened to your mid day meal? you seemed to have gone a long time in between meals! you are only allowed 3 meals a day so are you counting the few bits of lamb and some melon as a meal? your melon would need to the twice the size of the amount of lamb you ate to count as your 2/3's

mumoftwo is right in what she said about your snacks... you are only allowed to have healthy extras, superfree foods or syns as snacks between your 3 meals so you would need to syn your potato salad at the highest syn value i.e that for a red day, same with your SW chips they would also need to be syned at the higher syn value, and if your not counting the few bites of lamb as a meal then you would need to syn that at the higher syn value too.

hope that all made sense, ive been trying to get my head round SE all week and im still struggling with getting the right about of SF foods into my meals, oh and you can have 2 hexB's on SE days too x

I don't understand why you're hardly eating anything and are counting water as a snack/meal?

I'm eating until I'm full... I haven't changed my portion sizes, do you have any suggestions as to what quantities I should be eating?

Also, I don't usually record my water intake, I'm just trying to up it as I stopped fasting a week ago and haven't really drank much since. I'm only putting it down with the times I have it so that I am reminded to keep drinking every time I visit my diary.

I was thinking the same - why do you have lunch so late? Are you working shifts?

It was just a late lunch today as my sister was over, we were talking and cooking and it just got late as Sundays are usually lazy days.

I've just done a week of success express and lost 2lb which I am happy about, after months of messing around losing and gaining the same few lbs. I did however use my old books and have eggs and fat free yoghurt as free foods, which the new success express booklet apparently don't allow.

I've had a quick look at your food diary, make sure your veggies are superfree and make up 2/3 of your plate. (Potatoes, sweetcorn, peas, baked beans etc have make up the other 1/3 of your plate along with any meat).

I also noticed you had potato salad, when you have synned food on SE you must check the syns on red and green days and use the highest syn amount. For example if you had batchelors pasta and sauce macaroni and cheese, it is 2 syns on green and 19 syns on red, you must count it as 19 syns.

Someone may want to jump in here but I don't think you would be able to have sw crisps as free food on SE either. They advise snacks to be healthy extras, superfree food or syns.

I imagine your consultant would only have details of your losses from when your class first went electronic. I expect they have dumped all the old paper weekly charts they used previously, you may be lucky and have a consultant that is a hoarder! I have always added my losses to the sw website so I can look back myself to my ups and downs.

Hope that helps :)

I'm doing SE based on what the C told me, I didn't realise it was also in the books... I will have to read up on it again, definitely will take a look at your diary if you have one?

When I was making the soup, I ensured that 2/3 of the weight of the ingredients were superfree and 1/3 free, if that makes sense? So I always know the quantities in that are right.

The syns of the potato salad were literally just for the dressing as I was told SE was EE but taking higher syn values? I will definitely have to read up on this more tonight so I can have a better crack at it tomorrow.

My class was already electronic when I joined so I should probably be able to get them... whether or not she can find the time to get them up on the screen for me is a different matter...

Thanks for your help x

im just coming to the end of a SE week but not sure if id do it for a full week again as it takes a lot of work to make sure your 2/3 are the correct amount and right type, i also used the old SE rules mumoftwo so ive been counting quorn pieces as a SF food whereas now thats not mentioned in the list.

your breakfast certainly sounds like a SE meal as the fruit and yoghurt should have added up to 2/3's but thats only going on the old list where yoghurt is included.

what happened to your mid day meal? you seemed to have gone a long time in between meals! you are only allowed 3 meals a day so are you counting the few bits of lamb and some melon as a meal? your melon would need to the twice the size of the amount of lamb you ate to count as your 2/3's

mumoftwo is right in what she said about your snacks... you are only allowed to have healthy extras, superfree foods or syns as snacks between your 3 meals so you would need to syn your potato salad at the highest syn value i.e that for a red day, same with your SW chips they would also need to be syned at the higher syn value, and if your not counting the few bites of lamb as a meal then you would need to syn that at the higher syn value too.

hope that all made sense, ive been trying to get my head round SE all week and im still struggling with getting the right about of SF foods into my meals, oh and you can have 2 hexB's on SE days too x

I'm only planning on doing it until Wednesday as I WI Thursday morning. Do you happen to know how much difference there is between the old way and the new way?

If I tell you breakfast was at 1:00pm and lunch was at 4:15pm, does that help? It just looked like a longer time between meals as I'm recording my water intake aswell... And SW does say you can eat whenever, unless the rules of SE are different?

I had to taste test the lamb, so ate more than double that amount of melon. I had three little chunks that probably added up to about the size of my thumb, then had a thick slice of melon that was definitely atleast five times the weight of the lamb.

I will definitely read up on it tonight and give it another go tomorrow, thanks for your help x

I think you have had some bad info if you think SE is just EE with higher syn values.

a couple of the biggest components of SE is that you must have your 3 meals a day with 2/3 super free. If you have anything between meals or as starters or desserts then it is synned (even if it is normally free) unless it is SF or a healthy extra.

And you syn at the highest value as has been mentioned.

The old SE included all the foods on the old SF list (fruits, veg, cottage cheese, yogurt,and quorn.)

Now SE only has the new SF list so it is much harder.

I have done it for 5/6 days so far this week from the old list.

Teresa

I think you have had some bad info if you think SE is just EE with higher syn values.

a couple of the biggest components of SE is that you must have your 3 meals a day with 2/3 super free. If you have anything between meals or as starters or desserts then it is synned (even if it is normally free) unless it is SF or a healthy extra.

And you syn at the highest value as has been mentioned.

The old SE included all the foods on the old SF list (fruits, veg, cottage cheese, yogurt,and quorn.)

Now SE only has the new SF list so it is much harder.

I have done it for 5/6 days so far this week from the old list.

Teresa

Will be speaking to my C about it on Thursday, thank you for all your help. Have given up for the time being, have had a rubbish week in terms of food and I don't want to bother until I know I have it right.

Thanks to everyone who has read and helped x

OKAY.

Some crazy thing just happened.

I realised that I am ONE MEASLY HALF POUND away from getting my one and a half stone off sticker.

I CAN get this on Thursday and I F*CKING WILL.

I am NOT going to sit around moping about it.

I am going to get my fat a$$ on the Wii Fit and jog till it burns. AtLEAST 40 minutes before bed, and then again tomorrow and Wednesday.

I WILL take my own lunch tomorrow and eat it. I WILL follow the rules of Success Express that others have helped me with on here and I will read as much on it as I can before I go to sleep.

I WILL continue to do Success Express UNTIL WEIGH IN.

0.5lb, I'm gonna get you.

Last edited:
thats the kind of motivation im looking for lol, youll get your half pound on wednesday im sure x

You go girl - it's great you've got that motivation to keep you going.

Thanks for posting about Success Express, it seems as though quite a few people have been trying it out recently, I'm thinking I might give it a go in a few weeks if my losses start to slow down again.

Go girl !!!!! Good luck.

Thank you! I need it! If I maintain this week, it will serve me right! Had a 40 min jog last night, will do the same tonight and hoping to get a nice long walk in once I leave the house, let's see :) xxx

thats the kind of motivation im looking for lol, youll get your half pound on wednesday im sure x

Thanks! Fingers crossed it has worked for you aswell :) xxx

You go girl - it's great you've got that motivation to keep you going.

Thanks for posting about Success Express, it seems as though quite a few people have been trying it out recently, I'm thinking I might give it a go in a few weeks if my losses start to slow down again.

I'm glad my motivation has returned - it took a very long weekend off and that wasn't fair on me!

I've had lots of 0.5lb offs which have started to niggle at me - I am happy and grateful that I'm losing weight but when I see people lose 3lbs after a boozy weekend, which I never have, it plays with my head!

Hope you get better results soon - if not, jump on SE and we'll see if it really works :)

xxx

Hey lovely ladies, hoping you are all well :) Just a little favour to ask of you, if you have a few spare minutes? Could you please take a quick look at my food diary and let me know if I am on the right track for a loss this week? Walked/jogged over 21km and absolutely shattered, posting from phone in bed so can't quote you my food diary entry for today, but if you do have a few spare minutes and don't mind helping a do-do in distress, the link is in my signature! Thanking you very muchly :) xxx

Hiya
Had a look, looks ok... as long as your superfree took up 2/3 of your plate on your 3 meals.
Your snacks look spot on!!

Good luck on getting your shiny

Back