Two weeks and counting...

chunkychicken

Hi all,

I am right at the beginning of my journey. I have two weeks until my first meeting (due to start 17th April). So today I have started my low carb diet in preparation. I have hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) and have been told that cutting back on the carbs is VITAL if I don't want to end up failing the diet because I cannot stay consicous! As the sudden drop in calories if I didn't do this would be too much of a shock.

Just wondering how many of you actually did this before starting and whether you felt it helped with the first "hell week" of foundation.

Any tips you could give me would be gratefully appreciated as I tried Cambridge Sole Source last year (unsupervised after buying packs of ebay) and after no preparation - and found myself coming to with ambulance people and the works looking down at me in M&S (very embarassing) and my poor terrified mother who insisted that I give it up right NOW!

You all seem so knowledgeable about VLCD - I am hoping someone can help.

Hi chunky
I didn't do any prep at all. I found an intro meeting on a Friday and was back, medical form in hand and on the scales the following Monday. I didn't do any of the 'last supper' stuff which I think really helped me (although I can totally understand why people do that!!) Also, lots of people in my group absolutely flew through week 1 with no 'detox' style symptoms at all. I had a slightly rough time on Day 3 I think. And I had loads of problems sleeping the first few weeks overall, but I do think if your mental strength is right up there, then that will help.
Lots of luck for your first week - sorry I haven't got any specific advice! :D

Back