Two years since I finished TFR

Basically I stuck to only low GL foods for the week. So I avoided, processed foods, all wheat, potato, pasta and rice. I had big platefuls if food just all low GL choices. I'm delighted to have knocked off the few pounds so quickly.

your system sounds so great. ideally i would like to lose another 2 and a half stone on this, but realistically my summer is just too busy so i dont see it happening. another 3 weeks until refeed and then i will be onto something a bit slower. a bit upsetting but i guess its just been one of those down weeks you know? oh well onwards and upwards :)

Wow Irish Molly you've done so well to have stayed on track for so long. As of today I am just under my target weight and I am doing 1 more week of TFR to allow myself some space for weight gain during refeed. I have to admit I am petrified of starting to eat again in case all the old habits come flooding back. I have been reading on on the GI/GL diet and it sounds very interesting but I'm curious, why are root vegetables not recommended? I love turnip and butternut squash so I'd really miss them if I had to exclude them from my diet.

I hope I can go on to successfully maintain my weight just like you :fingerscrossed:

Hi and well done on your own journey. As long as you are always mindful about what you eat will do pretty well. Some weeks may show a gain and others a little loss. It's just important to never let the gain get too far ahead so that pulling it back becomes a bigger task.
Root vegetables have a higher starch content than green veg. Starch converts to sugar in our systems so it is important to regulate the sugar intake. A small amount of root veg combined with low GL veg will reduce the overall GL of the meal. Butternut squash is ok. I love butternut squash and red pepper soup.

Thanks for the great advice. I now see what you mean about the root vegetables. They are sweeter in taste.
I think I'll plan out my refeed this week so I don't get side tracked or tempted with foods. I'm starting to look forward to it now :)

It is great to read about how you manage staying at goal, Molly. Thank you for keeping posting. It helps me think about how I will manage my own regime at the time and thereafter.

Thank you!

really useful thread ive just lost 80 lbs and am maintaining now i saw a nutritionist which was a great investment! its interesting how often that you thinik your eating healthily but alot of these diet foods are horrible for you. im eating low gl too, bought a few books for inspiration and got a george forman grill its scary how much fat comes out of even turkey and chicken, i fill up on protein / oily fish / tuna/ chicken and salad and have reduced potato and rice and bread just eating twice a week and replaced it all with high fibre options like beans, lentils etc. i agree its a complete mindset change, i thinik about junk food as damaging me now , after tfr i really understood why i overate and i eat now to be healthy and fuel my body its amazing how much im actually eating now and maintaining as its all unprocessed grub ,, looking forward to reading about your progress on this thread

Yoda, what a great positive post. You echo my sentiments exactly! It's so important to rethink our relationship with food. Returning to old eating patterns and/or foods is not feasible if we want to easily maintain our losses.
Isn't GL just a great way to live! No nasty additives, just good food! It's good to know your nutritionist endorses low GL.
Are you posting in the Gi/GL section of minis?

Yoda, what a great positive post. You echo my sentiments exactly! It's so important to rethink our relationship with food. Returning to old eating patterns and/or foods is not feasible if we want to easily maintain our losses.
Isn't GL just a great way to live! No nasty additives, just good food! It's good to know your nutritionist endorses low GL.
Are you posting in the Gi/GL section of minis?

No I`m not hun still just browsing lipo maintenance but I guess i need to move onto the gl section. My nutritionist said this is her diet and basically i should be able to maintain or lose more quite easily if I continue to eat clean. I just really think about all the vitamins and goodness in clean foods now and look at pizza as just fat its strange ive never thought like that before. i did have a white bagel and put a lb on ! so not doing that again i got really bloated, emailed nutritionist and she was like NEVER eat white bread lol so rye and oatcakes for me, but just feel so positive, Lipotrim cold turkeyed me and made me break all my daft habits, so instead of a cheese sarny ill eat l/w cottage cheese on oatcakes. feel so much better, loadsa energy new mindset!!

I AM SO WITH YOU ON THE WHITE BREAD.... makes the 1lbs stick to me like a magnet!! rye bread and oatcakes all the way :)

Yup, white carbs are a demon. I read somewhere that it is best to pile the white carbs to one side of the plate and then eat just a little of them after everything else. Sometimes I just avoid them altogether and feel so much better for it!

Back