Ultrabluedress's Diary To Weight Loss and Fitness 2013

The greek coconut is good to use in Thai curries.

Tablespoon Green Thai paste, OXO chicken cube mixed with water to make a paste and mix with the paste. Heat through with your stir fry veg and at the very end add in the yogurt - lovely and so simple :)

I use them in curries too, was going to bake fish tonight but keep looking at the yoghurt and thinking curry instead

Keep looking for coconut essence to use in curry thinking it would be a syn free option for curries but can't find any does anyone know where I can buy it from

Tried the pedometer app on my phone today don't know how accurate it is but according to it I walked 7km in 90 mins did 9113 steps and burnt 345 calories none of which sounds right especially the calories burnt but at least I was out and about doing some exercise and getting another leaflet drop done at the same time.

Red day today

Brunch

Pain perdu or sweet eggy bread with fruit and honey...(1syn)

Lunch

Just some free soup I think as I'm still a little full

Dinner

I'm doing fish tonight I was going to bake it but now don't know whether to make a korma sauce with some coconut yoghurt and bake it in that with korma mushrooms served on grated broccoli with salad or change to a SE Day and have it with rice instead desicions decisions

Did the fish in curry sauce made from muller coconut yoghurt tikka powder, garam masala and paprika coated the coley with it and baked in foil in the oven Instead of rice i used the same paste with passata added into it and cooked chopped up brocolli in it, then did the same with a side dish of muchrooms and spinach. quick mint and yoghurt dip with cucumber and onion salad and a couple of 1syn samosas I had lying in the freezer. absolutely full now

Snacks WW baked cheddar bites (3.5 syns)

2 wafer thins slices of ham

Porridge hex's with banana blueberries and strawberries

syns so far 7.5 syns will probably have hot choc and freddo frog before bed (7 syns)

Drinks

crap on the water again I need to sort myself out on that front, hot water with lemon black coffee, diet coke... will be good and try to have water before bed..

Glad to say hubs came home in a foul mood and I ignored wanting to have wine because I felt miserable and didn't day three of no alcohol so I'm craving it now tonight again, plenty of water and black coffee to take my mind of it...

Attachments

• IMAG0116.jpg
    IMAG0116.jpg
    962 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0117.jpg
    IMAG0117.jpg
    552 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0118.jpg
    IMAG0118.jpg
    855 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
arghhh bloody internet went down just as I hit send and lost todays post

Right diary dusted off... new goals set and a new ticker.. time to start again... determined this time too many false starts the last couple of months and now majorly fed up of having gained more than half the weight I lost last year....

Red Day

Breakfast / Brunch

Pain Perdu

Eggy bread, strawberries, banana and blueberries tsp honey (1 syn)

Lunch

Ham, bacon and poached egg salad with spinach, it was yummy as it was warm on a cold day...

Dinner

Chciken stuffed with garlic cheese in filo pastry, butternut squash chips, asparagus and spinach ( filo 3.5 syns per sheet)

1 mug water 3 large black coffees, diet coke, so far plus 1 litre of water

Last edited:
hmmm I wonder if I should print off one of the photos I took of myself in shorts and bikini top and stick it on the fridge to stop myself opening it and looking for food

Sounds like a plan! I might do the same, a before and now to stop me getting to the before again!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Ooo food today sounds yum! I'm going to take a leaf out your book, and get back to it tomorrow, 5 months of messing about and I've not really gained (well like 2lbs) just it's not budging, and I'm def flabbier from no exercise! I'll start tomorrow and join you on your quest! Far too much bad stuff consumed already today! Xx

Odd day today foodwise feeling ill so just picking at food ended up an EE day as my friend made me mutton curry and rice

Breakfast

Middles of SW quiches I'd made, didn't like the filo pastry so became syn free

Lunch

Mutton curry and rice, not sure of syns as my friend made it but pretty low as there was no sign or taste of oils

Dinner

Smash pizza, tuna, red onion and hex cheese, had it with a small bowl of chilli andd rice and tiny bit of sweetcorn

Think I will join u on the ne road. I have bn off plan now for months and am now at my heaviest after losing stone half last yr. I have started back today and am trying the C-2-5K and yoga. We want to go abroad next year, well OH would like to this yr but I don't due to way I look. This is my goal for next April. Want to lost 3st or tone up, not bothered about the weight if no flabby bits!!!!

trying a couple of weeks doing SW combined with 5:2 diet to see if I can kick start things, last minuite decision woke up feeling crappy still so decided seeing as I didn't feel like eating I'd have a fast day today....

Chosen food that falls in line with SW so following the principles even on fast days and will be SWing on feast days altough I won;t worry if I go over syns slightly on Friday night.

Going to cut out as much alcohol as possible it's my biggest downfall and I'm an all or nothing girl, one glass is usually a bottle, so I'll be hopefully better off health and money wise. Going to give myself some motivations everyday I'm 100% I'm going to pop a pound in a tin and hopefully watch it mount up, I'll add extra for any losses weight wise and maybe add the cost of a bottle wine into the kitty too from time to time.

WI 142 lbs :( official WI Saturday but I wanted a marker for when I get to 7 days in

Today fast day

Free drinks....

SW free tomato soup 47 cals per bowl

dinner 266 cal

Turkey stir fry

100g Turkey
Courgette and carrots sliced into ribbons "Noodle" style
25 g Noodles
100g tinned stir fry vegetables
soy sauce and shake of chinese salt and pepper

supper

2 ryvita with marmite 78 cals
4 Strawberries 12 cals
options hot chocolate 40 cals

Last edited:
What's the 5:2 diet? Eating low calls for the day by looking at what you have eaten today? On green day & struggling as just has last nights leftovers but used HEx this morning :-(

Hi the 5:2 diet is two days fasting at 500 cals and then what they call 5days feasting where yoou can eat whatever you want, not that I'm intending on eating like crazy, my losses haven't been good for months so I'm hoping a couple of days fasting per week and then following SW the rest of the week will boost things again, that and cutting out alcohol, which is my biggest downfall, we'll see what happens anyway, I've got nothing to loose

Right stuck to my fast day yesterday, scales showd 3lb down which is nice even though we know it's not actual true weight loss as such, always a nice boost ;)

Still feeling ill today so taking advantage of not needing to stuff my face even though it's a "Feast" day..

So far it's a SE day

Breakfast

Pepsi Max.. bad I know but I just feel nauseaus

Lunch

Baked potato and cottage cheese No salad as I remembered I'd forgotten to buy some more, I know I should be having 2/3 superfree but potato and cottage cheese only filled 1/3 plate anyway

Mullerlight need to check syns as flavoured one
Plum

Dinner

5 quorn meatballs in superfree tomato based sauce with a little melted cheese (hex) with sweet potato chips and swede chips (Yuk to the swede) and spinach

little slice of garlic bread pizza yum and spoonful of trifle mmmm

Drinks so far

Hot water Pepsi Max, black coffee, I need to up my water today..

Last edited:
Good luck with the 5:2 love, be careful today though on your feast day, as you look really low cals wise still.. you might make yourself poorly if you don't make up what you need on these days. Don't want any fainting, or migraines or dizzy spells love. xx

Good luck with the 5:2 love, be careful today though on your feast day, as you look really low cals wise still.. you might make yourself poorly if you don't make up what you need on these days. Don't want any fainting, or migraines or dizzy spells love. xx

Aww Thanks chick xxxx

Going to have some hex's later so that'll bump it up a bit.... did a quick calculation 15 syns plus all the hex's come out at 700 cals roughly a day defo might need to watch what I'm eating inbetween meals some days I must be way over 1250 ...

You def wanna be having more than 1250 on feast days. Otherwise you'll def make yourself ill. Do EE days so you're getting a good balance xx

I'm sure I'll make it over 1250 once I'm feeling better ;)

I was thinking of when I'm not doing 5:2 diet, it's easy to loose track what you are actually eating on Slimming World sometimes...

Back