Uncharacteristcally *****y moment - please forgive me ...

Lucky7

Lucky7
...but does anyone else have those pious, bloody goody-two-shoes, never-do-wrong people at their groups. The kind that if they have a gain will never accept that they might have done something wrong in their plan, but will sit there and say something along the lines of 'I think it's just because I didnt eat enough over christmas because I was busy looking after everyone else' with a really martyrred (sp?!) look on their face.:8855:

I know I'm far from perfect (8lb gain over the festivities shows that), but at least I'm prepared to accept some bloomin' responsibility for my actions, and am willing to leave of the prissy perfect act! Pah. :massmoon:

Okay - got that out of my system now. Sorry. :eek:

LOL!!! We don't have many of those in our group. We're a rambunctious lot in my class, women of all ages and backgrounds and everyone's so welcoming, non judgemental and warm that no one feels pressured to maintain a pious image. However in fairness there are people just as you described, who don't eat enough and as a result don't lose as much. I think its a bit difficult for some people to get their heads around SW and the generous portions and are afraid to actually eat to satisfaction.

... in fairness there are people just as you described, who don't eat enough and as a result don't lose as much...

That's fine - the whole getting your head round it and questioning yourself and what YOU can do to change it is a learning process isn't it. It's that holier-than-thou attitude that pees me off.

Sorry - just got the back to school grumps today and made the mistake of thinking about last weeks image therapy in group and a certain lady in particular who always manages to niggle me. Most of the people in my group are a delight by the way.

The chances are if she niggles you, she probably niggles others. We have one lady in our group who says the diet doesn't work for her because she loses 4 lbs and then puts 8 back on. She says she doesn't understand why . . . . she only had fish and chips twice last week oh and a curry on saturday night. She never checks syn values but it is still SW fault xxx

The chances are if she niggles you, she probably niggles others. We have one lady in our group who says the diet doesn't work for her because she loses 4 lbs and then puts 8 back on. She says she doesn't understand why . . . . she only had fish and chips twice last week oh and a curry on saturday night. She never checks syn values but it is still SW fault xxx

Note to Sue - don't read some of these messages on a full bladder!!! :D

i had a lady in my last sw meeting who went for months and months without shifting a single lb cos she didn't understand the plan! i know its hard to get your head around, but surely everyone gets the jist eventually? she ended up following ww but attending sw weekly weigh in because she loved the crack at the meetings lol

I think she probably niggles others too, but we got off to a bad start.
On my first meeting I'd sat down and that ladies (very lovely) sister sat next to me, introduced herself and we were having a lovely chat. The next thing was the niggle woman came and said to me "sorry, could you move please - there's some spaces over there. We like to sit together."
Being in a new place with new people, I obliged and moved (even though I'd been sat there first). Her lovely sister looked mortified, and came over to apologise for her sisters rudeness.

Anyway - water under the bridge and all that, but we did get off to a bad start, so I'm probably more intolerant of her than the others. Childish eh. I'd never say anything to upset her though. Just needed to let off steam, thats all. Like a safety valve on a pressure cooker!

"sorry, could you move please - there's some spaces over there. We like to sit together."

that's the funniest bit yet!!! I'm not surprised her sister was mortified! And good on you for being so nice about it! Sounds like a few syns short of a picnic!:8855:

"sorry, could you move please - there's some spaces over there. We like to sit together."

I had something similar to that when I restarted. only it was a group of friends. Never got an apology from any mind you. I still think I should have said something but didn't want to cause a scene.

Still I go to a different class now (for other reasons) - same consultant and no 'territory' problems as no-one cares where they sit so long as they can sit.

Should say though that the vast majority of people at that morning meeting are absolutely lovely. As are the people at my evening class

Last edited:
LOL - I think her sister was too shocked, and then image therapy started. She often sits next to me now if there's a space, and always makes a point of coming over for a chat. She obviously got her sisters share of social awareness!

Liked the 'few syns short of a picnic'. I think you're right there!!

Oh well. Whereever there are people, there's likely to be at least a few rude ones! Maybe she was a bit envious that her sister was confident enough to approach a stranger and have a nice chat without her.

if you attended the group i do then you would see "clicks" groups of people who always sit together and they even put things on seats to save them... as for me i have my own click theres me my maum and dad and anyone i can drag from the street :D
mind you its a really supportive group and so lovely i wouldnt want to find another one..

Eah, it always cracks me up too when I hear people who are so shocked that they've gained weight and they don't know why. They then pipe up with'oh, I did have fish and chips on Thursday then got drunk fri and sat night and I ate a whole box of chocs....' and they are surprised????

And there was one woman at group who lost 4 lbs her first week and was so disappointed because she'd 'heard' of people who has lost 8 or 9 pounds their first week! She was all set to quit!! Really !!

Im quite lucky that my SW is only about 10 weeks old and not many people attend over xmas! My old WW was extremely clicky, I'd fear for my safety when sitting down, god forbid I sat in somebody elses chair!

A brand new group!! Ohh - that must be nice. You can turn it into just what you need and really feel that it's 'your' group.

I must admit - noone ever sits in my chair in the staffroom. Don't know why though. I've never said it's 'mine'. Maybe it's all the orange peel and yogurt pots on the table that put people off?! ;oD

Our group only has a maximum of 6 at the moment. We all are very very different but get on very well. We swapped seats continously at the last image therapy so the consultant felt she had more people. We all cracked up. I like my small group but i doubt it will stay that way. xxx

Awww i wish my group was that small i bet its nice. the group i went to was huge about 30 of us. everyone was nice but some people took over in image therpy alot which ment the quieter ones or the newer ones didnt get much time at all.x

Our group only has a maximum of 6 at the moment. We all are very very different but get on very well. We swapped seats continously at the last image therapy so the consultant felt she had more people. We all cracked up. I like my small group but i doubt it will stay that way. xxx

No - once people find out what a friendly bunch you are it'll soon grow.

My group has LOADS of people. No idea how many. I might ask her this week. People like that group because the consultant is so entheusiastic. After going elsewhere previously I really notice the difference. If anyone can get me motivated to lose weight I'm sure she can.

x

At my group we all tend to sit in the same place and I have scooched an extra chair in once for my friend on her first week so she could sit next to me. As for positioning - I get there 1st so I can secure a chair in front of the radiator!!!!

x x

At my group we all tend to sit in the same place and I have scooched an extra chair in once for my friend on her first week so she could sit next to me. As for positioning - I get there 1st so I can secure a chair in front of the radiator!!!!

x x

Good thinking Pinkyfluff! Esp at the moment. It's bloomin' freezing!

As long as you're not going to turf someone else out of the chair if someone gets there first one week (esp a newbie!!!:cry:)

x

Back