Uncle Bens Wholegrain Rice - Microwave?!!?

Eponine

Ohhhhhh just when I thought I had a great, syn free lunch ... I've just looked at Uncle Ben's express rice and it's got syns attached to it??? I don't understand why why it's just plain brown rice, can anyone explain??

Feeling tired and cranky today ..... :mad: grrrrr :p

Ohhhhh ok .... thanks very much for your reply. So frustrating as I don't have a lot of time in the morning to make lunch but need the carbs to keep me full. Thought I had found a solution :(

Yes I suppose, and I've only put a bit of it in to bulk up my salad .... sorry just in a terrible mood today ..... and I like to save my syns for a glass of wine when I get home from work and the gym :)

Grrr need a punch bag today lol heheh

thanks again for your help xxx

I am not doing slimming world, I just count Kcals but Tesco do some frozen steam bags of rice which are really nice they have veg in too, maybe they will have less Syns as no sunflower oil in them.

It's still got syns in it:

Steam Rice, White, 4 pack, frozen, 200g pack 1
Steam Rice, White & Wild with Mixed Vegetables, 4 pack, frozen, 150g pack 1

The plain rice is always cheaper than the flavoured, usually only one or one and a half syns. The Uncle Ben's plain is only one syn isn't it? EDIT: just checked, bizarre that the wholegrain is 3.5 when the white is only 1 or 1.5 ...

Back