Under active thyroid and slow weight loss

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by need-to-lose, 11 January 2007 Social URL.

1. need-to-lose

need-to-lose Full Member

hi,

i was wondering is it true if you have under active tyroid u tend to lose weight slower even on this diet.

Can sum1 pls help me with this Q

Thanks
    Ali

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    This is a difficult one. Scientifically, I wouldn't have thought the difference would be enough to be concerned about considering the rather large deficit of calories in this diet.

Having said that, I have an underactive thyroid (okay...thyroid is actually alright, but I have a syndrome that attacks the natural thyroxine) and I probably lost a little less than most others.

It still averaged out about 12lbs a month though, which is way more than other diets.

If it's you with the underactive thyroid, are you taking anything for it? I They can't seem to get my levels up however much thyroxine I take, but most people take adequate amounts of artifically thyroxine to bring them back to normal levels. It then shouldn't make any difference, whatever their previous diagnosis

4. need-to-lose

need-to-lose Full Member

yeh i am on 125mg of thyroxine my levels are under control for now got another test in march

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    You should be fine then :) Well done for you first weeks weightloss BTW. Great going :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.