Unexpected gains

julesm

Slimming World
Hi, was just wondering if there's anyone else on here who sometimes gains when they are sticking to plan 100%.

I have been doing Slimming World since the end of October and since then I have not even had one single day off plan, not even Christmas Day. Occasionally I have saved syns up for one day and used them on other days but the most I've ever used in one day is something like 35 and then I've made up for it other days after or before.

I've put my food diaries up here and people said they seemed fine, I've shown my diary to my consultant and he couldn't find any problems...

I've also tried to follow trends in weight loss, e.g. One week I had more syns than I had before and lost 2.5lb so the next weeks I did the same and i had a gain.

I'm an active person, this week I did two 5km runs and gained 1.5lbs.

I would be happy to accept that I'm just the type of person who doesn't lose weight easily or my weight fluctuates a lot or it's hormones...

But my consultant says that's not right and that if I had stuck to my diet then I would have lost. I feel like he is always saying I'm either a liar, am stupid and don't understand the plan or am crazy. I find that quite annoying as for example at Christmas my friend came with me who I had just been on holiday with, she had seen every single morsel I had eaten and my consultant was suggesting I had been eating chocs and snacks without realising and afterwards my friend was quite annoyed with him saying "I was with you the whole time and not one snack passed your lips!"

So is my consultant wrong? Can weight gain be caused by other things? Or am I crazy?!?

That must be so frustrating, specially when you know in your own mind that you have stuck to the plan 100%. Also slightly patronising of your SW consultant not to sympathise. Only thing I can think of is your body must be changing - toning up and turning fat into muscle. Why don't you take some exact measurements and go by your altering shape rather than your loss on the scales? Also your not a large lady anyway (going on your BMI) and don't have lots of weight to lose which will make it harder. Good luck losing the last few lbs xx

When I followed sw before, I had a week where the same thing happened, i'd been 100% an then had a 2lb gain. It was really deflating as i'd been expecting a loss. The next week though (after a 'sod it, i'm having a night off binge'), I lost 3lbs. So I guess my body was a bit delayed or something. It was hard not to give up, but stick with it as it will be worth it.

My body is like that, every 5th week or so I have a bit of a gain, then the week after I have a bigger than normal loss. Everybody is different in the way they lose weight.

That must be frustrating I don't want to sound like I don't believe you either but have you tried an s.a.s log or has your c suggested it so you could pick up anything that was causing you a problem?

What's an s.a.s log?

At my first weigh in I gained 1lb and my c mentioned an sas log as an option if I didn't lose again the next week. He hasn't mentioned it since as the other times I've gained it's been * week (or just after a * week) But this week wasn't * week!!!

I keep a diary every day though. I'm
Going to take it to my c next week. Also tonight I'm going to look through the diary and highlight all the weeks I've gained and see if they have anything in common!

Back