Uni weight lab update

nicnocks

Oh it was horrible! I am the fattest in my class! First of all we had to get our weight and height taken, and we had to weigh with bare feet so that it could measure our body fat. My bmi was over 40, im 18st 5 and my body fat % is 49%. They say that it is ok nobody will find out your weight, however it has to go on a table with your age. Im the oldest and my body fat is highest on table, think everyone will know that is me :(

Anyway last night i had a humungous binge, 2 scotch pies 4pks of crisps a family bag of galaxy counters. I woke up through the night feeling sick and still feel sick just now. So havin breakfast in uni, got a mullerlight and a big pot of grapes, this is officially my day 1 and im not coming off it. Ive been embarrassed into action ha ha. even though it is friday and i would normally put it off until monday, im going to get through the weekend 100%, that is how ill i feel after my binge. xx

To make u do that is mean! But good on u from taking a negative situation and turn it too a positive. Good luck on your 100% weekend. I am the opposite its my big brother 40th so too many drinks will flow i think. Back on it Sunday.

I think its terrible that they make you do that in uni but Im glad your turning it into a positive!

Back on track and plan plan plan. It will help you when your feeling a bit lost x

Well done you on putting last night behind you & starting day 1. I promise you that with each passing day that you stick to plan you will feel so much better.

What course are you doing at Uni and why does is necessitate this? I think that I would be having a word with the course tutor and explain how humiliating the experience is, not only for people with real weight issues but I am sure for others in the class who might be considered normal weight. You could encourage them to find another way of doing this part of the course in future.

good luck for your 100% weekend, im sure you can do it if u put ur mind to it!

I remember in primary school i had to have my height and weight measured for some project or other, i was only 11 and I remember it to this day! It was the girl who used to bully me for being fat who was in charge of the scales!! Nightmare!!

Thank you everyone, im doing biochemistry so this lab was for part of my biology class. But just glad its over and done with now. If it ever happens again in the future, i won't be embarrassed, i'll be skinny lol! I also managed my first friday night wine free!!! So day 1 is well and truly out the way, just need to get through today xxx

Back