Universal Contour Body Wrap

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Miss Independant, 31 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Miss Independant

Miss Independant Full Member

Hi everyone,

I am back to doing SW again but on holiday from Sunday and feeling really annoyed with myself for not doing better with my slimming in time for the holiday so I was thinking about getting a body wrap which guarantees at least a 6 inch loss after the first treatment. I'm really tempted but at the same time I wonder if it is a waste of money as I don't think a few inches will make a lot of difference (I'm a size 22)

Has anyone had this done and what did you think, or any thoughts from anyone would be gratefully recieved :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    It made no difference at all to my size 16 frame. No difference at all

4. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do you put it straight back on though in the few days after the wrap.

I don't see how it could be permanent.

I think I would want to know all the facts before O doled out good money.

I found this for you.............

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Do body wraps really work?
    Are bodywraps just another weight loss gimmick or can bodywraps help you achieve weight loss and fitness goals?
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The answer to that question depends a lot on you.

Assuming you've chosen body wraps that work by carefully evaluating the choices with the criteria I will be giving you, you need to look at your expectations.

Are you assuming that all you need is a good bodywrap to get results? Bodywraps can provide benefits but are you believing a stand-alone weight loss tool?

The answer is a resounding "no".

Even the very best body wrap works best when it is just one aspect of a total weight loss program involving exercise and diet. If you go into this idea of wrapping for weight loss thinking that it's a quick fix, I can tell you that you will be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Instead of asking yourself do body wraps really work, why not start with a more important question: am I willing to work to achieve my weight loss goals?
    [/FONT]

5. Miss Independant

Thanks very much for your replies, I definitely don't see it as a long term solution I just want it as a boost before I go on holiday (a better boost would have been to get back on SW earlier!! :))

Thanks again.

6. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had this done many years ago, beats me why I only weight 8st 4lb at the time:eek: But even so it did work & I did lose inches, I do recall it didn't last long. But hey if you want to have a go & prepared to spend the money why not:p

7. Miss Independant

Hi,

I had this done this morning and I have lost 18.2 inches! My skin feels so soft and it has given me that little boost before my holiday.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.