"Unlikely" Success Stories?

Lynn8124

Gold Member
Have you been on the vlcd wagon with limited amounts of success? Have you failed repeatedly to the point where you wondered what the heck you were doing and became increasingly frustrated with yourself and thought 'no diet will ever work for me?' Did you then experience a 'eureka' moment at some point where you turned your failure into success and have got all your excess weight off and now maintaining or been maintaining for some time?

What do you think worked for you where it hadn't in the past? Is it really mind over matter? Is if at first you don't succeed, try and try again a true saying?

Gimme you best advice please.:D Or perhaps it's something that cannot be advised upon. I should've named this the endless questions thread lol, soz but am interested.:)

Have you been on the vlcd wagon with limited amounts of success? Have you failed repeatedly to the point where you wondered what the heck you were doing and became increasingly frustrated with yourself and thought 'no diet will ever work for me?'

Oh boy oh boy yes, though admittedly not with VLCD. I did spend most of the last 38 years doing other diets though. Not that it makes much difference...still the same mindset really.

Did you then experience a 'eureka' moment at some point where you turned your failure into success and have got all your excess weight off and now maintaining or been maintaining for some time?

Yep, though the eureka moment came in dribs and drabs. A gradual realisation that I could do it and that if I did, this diet would take me further than any other diet had.

What do you think worked for you where it hadn't in the past? Is it really mind over matter?

Yes, but not in the way you might expect. The mind over matter thing sounds more like the use of willpower.

Don't remember using willpower at all.

I do remember really wanting it....really, really, wanting it. Wanting it so much that nothing got in the way. Okay...some things got in the way at times, but I quickly moved forward again.
Is if at first you don't succeed, try and try again a true saying?

Well if it isn't, I wouldn't be where I am now. I would still be sat here saying "diets don't work and I have some incurable weight related disease that has yet to be discovered" :D

Gimme you best advice please.:D

Want it. Want it more than anything else. Enjoy the experience of being successful and watching the weight go down.

Don't look on it as a job, but a great opportunity. Sounds corny but it really helps.

Hiya KD, thanks for your advice. I see on your siggy recently you're now a weight management coach, what all does that involve and is it separate from your CDC'ing?:)

Hiya KD, thanks for your advice. I see on your siggy recently you're now a weight management coach, what all does that involve and is it separate from your CDC'ing?:)

Yes, it's completely separate to Cambridge. Cambridge and other diets are about how to physically do the diet, this course was about the mindset of dieting. Suitable for any diet.

So in other words, how to stay on it...if you want to stay on it that is :D

See Icemoose for details :)

I agree with KD, I'd tried all the other diets & hit a point in Jan when I realised it was only me that could really make a difference.

I had decided to use LL as I thought I needed the therapy, after meeting the consultant, having paid the Dr etc I then decided that actually I wanted to get on with it & joined W8 online (don't have any patience when I've made up my mind!).

I have already lost 36lb in 7 weeks, I am increadably proud of myself & my new mindset. I have not "fallen off" at all on this diet, I do not feel hungry & when I feel like snacking (very rare) I firstly get a drink as I have come to notice that we eat when I should drink.

I hope you find a plan that works for you, if you are likely to fall off or have had issues with this on previous plans, ensure you spend enough time finding the right course & counsellor for you to ensure that you can refer to them when you need to & KD's best bit of advice - ensure you are REALLY ready to start & you have youself set on this plan as if you have any doubts, it makes it so much harder.

Good luck

Back