Unplanned Weightloss?

Konvictz

just wondering, has anyone lost alot of weight without trying or without any plan, if so what were the reasons?...

i hear people can loose alot of weight under stress.

I think it depends on the sort of stress it is and how people react to stress. Some people will comfort-eat when they're stressed, for example, whereas others will forget to eat or not want to. The latter group will probably lose weight.

I have a highly stressful life as my 'norm' - additional stressors don't even register because of the sheer difficulty of every day! Sadly, I don't lose weight because of that. Wish I did ;)

once, but i was ill with the flu and couldnt stomach food properly.
it was around 6/7lbs i lost in total

I had flu over Christmas and lost 7lbs which I'm pleased to say I didn't put back on :)

BUT I never want to feel that ill again! I thought id never get better!

I had flu over Christmas and lost 7lbs which I'm pleased to say I didn't put back on :)

BUT I never want to feel that ill again! I thought id never get better!

same as me then, the flu is awful isnt it :(

my sis got glandular fever and lost about 3 stone in the space of a month.... you'd think that was great loss but we had to watch her suffer and the fact is she didn't take any liquid for over a week and we nearly had to take her to hospital over it all. Not fun to watch someone suffer that.

Sadly she has since put it all back on, lol (story of our lives eh)

things like coeliac disease can cause a lot of weight loss

I tend to find stress makes me binge so I definitely wouldn't lose weight through that :p

My mom was felt sick for a week in November 2005 and lost a stone. By feb 2006 she had lost 4 stone (as she decided to keep it up) and has stayed within 7lbs of her lost weight ever since.

I lost 4 stone while pregant with my second child. I had extra water and he was 11lb 14oz, so it was like having a bypass. Needless to say, I put it back on, lost it again, then put it back on with more!

Is there a particular reason for you asking the question? Just wondering!

yeah there is, a cousin of mine lost alot of weight because of stress and hard work so im wondering how many people were also in his position.

ive had some surprise weight loss recently due to drinking less coke and more diet.

yeah there is, a cousin of mine lost alot of weight because of stress and hard work so im wondering how many people were also in his position.

ive had some surprise weight loss recently due to drinking less coke and more diet.

but is it really a surprise... coke is full of sugar so of course you are gonna lose more without it :p

but is it really a surprise... coke is full of sugar so of course you are gonna lose more without it :p

Exactly what I was going to say...

I went on a course once and lost weight. I was amazed, I'd been eating full meals that were provided and having beer in the evening. However, there had been no snacking opportunities at all, a swimming pool we used as much as possible and some serious thinking and learning going on.

I've no idea how much I lost as I did not weigh myself in those days but I came home with looser fitting clothes.

Less happily, gallstones caused me to drop a couple of dress sizes. That all went on again pretty quickly :(

I think I lost about 2 stone over the stress of the relationship breakup. I wasn't trying but the stress of the situation knocked the weight off me over about 6 weeks.

The best unintentional weight loss I had was 14 lbs in a week with a campylobacter infection! not recommended but I ended up the lightest I'd been since childhood!

I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is after all we are not advocating any of these as a reasonable solution to weight loss.

I'm not here to say "Go get yourself a kidney infection and you too could lose a stone in a week like me" :D

Back