Unraveling the 'real' me..............

Yazz

Day 1: Today is my first day on S&S, following two weeks on CWP (18lbs lost). I've been looking forward to today all week. However I've got a problem on day 1!! It's my wedding anniversary :) so we're going out for a meal tonight, although I've checked the menu and they do a 'light bite' steak (5oz) and either salad or veg (I won't eat tomatoes) so I've put everything I plan to eat in the meal planner, and it's stayed green (ketosis) just my cals are over, but hey I'm not that worried over one night :)

This morning I had cookies & cream shake for breakfast, I liked it, although I don't think I could have it every day!

And here's a picture of my mid morning snack :) Jelly and a Babybel (instead of milk allowance) it was lovely and really filling! Diet?? What diet?? :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2113821578.jpg
    image-2113821578.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 97
Well day 1 and I think I've blown it :( I had a mushroom soup for lunch, nicer than I thought it would be :) then we went out for our meal. I was just finishing a awesome meal, I remembered to ask for no tomatoes, to realise they had put a dressing on the salad! Grrrrr I can't believe it, I've been so good for the past two weeks, then first day I could have blown the whole thing. I'll test with my ketostix tomorrow :( having said that I've had a lovely day, and I've got a lovely new charm for my pandora :)

Day 2: I woke up this morning, and tested if I was in ketosis, and thank god I was! So that was a huge relief :)

For my breakfast, I had a hazelnut shake, it was lovely, my favourite so far :) then for lunch I had a yogurt lemon bar, I didn't like that at all! Followed by a bowl of jelly. For tea I had stuffed mushrooms topped with poached eggs (see picture) is was delightful, even though I say so myself, and really filling. I don't know how I'm going to manage another food pack tonight :/ I've chosen to have a caramel shake, but not yet. I honestly can't believe I'm going to lose weight eating like this! I can't wait to see what the scales say on Friday!

Attachments

• image-2857876007.jpg
    image-2857876007.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 87
Wow that looks really nice. Thanks for the idea, I may just make something similar for my dinner today. My partner lost almost 6 stones on slim and save so we have a collection of recipes that I cooked for him but didn't think to use portobello mushrooms. Well done :)

Thanks :) 6 stone that's fab! I love hearing all the weight loss stories, they really are inspirational and motivating!

Day 3: My god I love this diet, I'm sat here, still not believing I'm on a 'diet' as I feel so full and completely satisfied.

For breakfast I had maple, fruits & almond bar, not as bad as the yogurt bar, but still no fan and I wouldn't order it. Lunch I had cottage pie with added mushrooms (50g) and I also added swede mash (50g) and seasoned. It looked awful, but tasted lovely :) followed by raspberry jelly, Babybel and a can of coke zero! Finally my evening meal wash delightful! I had mild curry, and added two boiled eggs to it, with swede chips, cooked/seasoned in cayenne pepper (I love cayenne pepper). It was my first time trying swede chips, and ow my I LOVE them! This meal is going to be a firm favourite. For my dessert I had the final portion of my jelly! Does this sound like a diet to you? :)

Attachments

• image-1091405397.jpg
    image-1091405397.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Yazz, your meals look and sound fantastic x

Thank you, I'm really ENJOYING! This diet, it doesn't feel like a 'chore', and people are noticing the weight loss, so that's even more motivating :)

Day 4: Today has been a busy and stressful day. Consequently I haven't had my full water intake today :( anyway......
For breakfast I had porridge, when I smelt it, I didn't think I could eat it! I managed it, it wasn't as bad as it smelt, not sure if I'd order it, maybe not. For lunch I had a dark chocolate truffa bar, and I liked it (first bar I've liked) so that shall be on my order list. For tea, as I'm still so taken with swede chips, I had them again with scrambled egg, cooked with mushrooms, spring onions, and mixed chillies, I really enjoyed it! I had to force myself to have another pack, so I had a crispy chocolate shake about 10pm, nice enough, I would order again. I just hope tomorrow is a calmer day. Goodnight :)

Day 5: I had original oatmeal for breakfast this morning, and my god I won't be having it again! Yuk! For lunch I had cheesy pasta over some cauliflower, that was quite nice. For tea I had chilli con carne on cauliflower rice and loved it. I decided to try simplicity today, but I did use my veg allowance on the cauliflower I've had, so I ended the day with a muesli bar, again I liked it. I've struggled with my water intake again today, it's with working, I can't be running to the loo every five minutes when I'm doing somebody's hair! No sure which plan I'll follow tomorrow it depends on which meal packs I decide to try. All in all, I'm really enjoying this diet, I'm determined to see it through to the end, and hopefully at the end of this diary entry, there will be my 'before' and 'after' photographs to show the results of this journey :)

Day 6: Gosh I'm tired..... Anyway what did I have for breakfast (seems so long ago now) oh yes I had a cafe late shake, I liked it, I had it cold, but it might be nice warm! For lunch I had spicy spaghetti pack, again that was nice. By tea time I was starving, as I've been doing lots of work on two property's that are going up for sale on Friday (one of them being our house) so I decided I wouldn't do simplicity today. I opted for my firm favourite (until I get sick of them) swede chips, and a mushroom omelette filled with the mushroom pasta meal pack (see picture) now that filled me! My girls kept stealing my chips too! I've just placed my next order with Slim & Save, I sent for the best option of 140 packs, as if I only do Lifestyle they'll last me nearly 7 weeks!! So it was well worth it :)

Attachments

• image-3972213058.jpg
    image-3972213058.jpg
    563.7 KB · Views: 79
Back