Unsure what i should class my lifestyle as

berniegray242

Ok... So I'm a nurse and an very busy at work, but work 3 12.5 hour shifts each week rather than working 5 shifts.

Other than those 3 days I'm pretty sedentary... But I do plan on changing this! Just slowly and steadily.

My question is should I class myself as sedentary or lightly active (it specifically says nurses are lightly active). I guess I do work the same number of hours as someone who works 5 days a week, but I'm just not sure.

Sorry to over complicate things!

Bernie

i would go with lightly active :)

i am a student nurse and thats what i have myself as when on placement and i get a whole 20cals extra lol

x

I'd deffo say lightly active - although I bet you feel more like 'blue arsed fly' when on shift?!
I'm shocked you only get 20 cals difference - I wonder how MFP work it all out?

I thunk it depends how tall you are because it won't let you go under 1200.... If it did it might be that normally we would be on 1000 to lose 2lbs then 1230 to lose 1.5

If you know what I mean :s

berniegray242 said:
I thunk it depends how tall you are because it won't let you go under 1200.... If it did it might be that normally we would be on 1000 to lose 2lbs then 1230 to lose 1.5

If you know what I mean :s

No matter what i put in mine it was always 1200!!

berniegray242 said:
Ok... So I'm a nurse and an very busy at work, but work 3 12.5 hour shifts each week rather than working 5 shifts.

Other than those 3 days I'm pretty sedentary... But I do plan on changing this! Just slowly and steadily.

My question is should I class myself as sedentary or lightly active (it specifically says nurses are lightly active). I guess I do work the same number of hours as someone who works 5 days a week, but I'm just not sure.

Sorry to over complicate things!

Bernie

Absolutely lightly active - I've worked with nurses for years and when I compare my management sitting down job to nurses - no comparison. Remember if you don't eat enough that could affect weightloss - so def lightly active!

Back