Up 5lbs in a week!

Jade2012

Please help!! Im following the 5:2 plan and lost 4lbs in my first 2 weeks. This week however Im up. I fast Mon and Thurs and have an ID on a Sat.

I just cant figure it out, any ideas or advice

Thanks

You do get some swings with IF. It could be anyone of a number of reasons :-

You could be retaining water.

TOTM ( which can be erratic when fasting )

Your calorie deficit may not be great enough if you go too far over on the days you eat.

Or you may not be not eating enough calories on your non fasting days to get the swing.

Are you exercising? Muscle retains water and can make you seem heavier than you are.

How long are your actual fasts in terms of hours? I find that 24 hours only just does it ( sts or 1lb a week if I'm lucky now) and that's doing alternates ( 3 or 4 week and 1, 500 calories on UD) and have had to switch to longer ones to get a good loss.

I'd see how you are in a month -I've found amongst all the up and downs the trend is over all down and I always weigh more after an eating day. xx

How long are your actual fasts in terms of hours? I find that 24 hours only just does it ( sts or 1lb a week if I'm lucky now) and that's doing alternates ( 3 or 4 week and 1, 500 calories on UD) and have had to switch to longer ones to get a good loss.

I usually will have a snack around 9 or 10 pm, and then fast until about 3 pm and have something around the 150 cal mark, and then again around 6.30/7. Usually I wouldn't eat until the following day then until around the 10 or 11 am mark.

I'll keep going with it as I really do like this. Will give it another few weeks and see what happens. I'll up my water intake too as that is only about 1/2litre every day,

thanks Ladybird.

What about your ups? Are you. Eating enough but not too much?

Hi Fizzyfluff, thanks.

Yes I think I'm eating enough. Yesterday was an UP, so breakfast was around 11.30 and I had beans, fried egg, and 2 slices of toast. Dinner was around 4.30 and I has spag bol, with the extra lean mince and homemade bol sauce. Snackwise I had 3 or 4 mini pancakes (tesco ones), bag of treble crunch, a few squares of chocolate and coke zero.

Today so far (another UP), 2 slices toast with scrambled egg. Dinner will prob be spag bol again as there is more mince in the fridge.

I do drink tea but drink it black and without sugar. I definately will keep going and maybe start a food diary for my UP days as well. Was doing so well!! Weighed this morning and scales is veering between 209 and 211 today. Maybe its just that i have to keep going and not get too hung up on the scales number

Jade, sorry to resurrect this thread after a week. I'm just ending my first week and thought I'd say it's probably worth keeping an eye on how many cals you do have your up day, you'd probably be surprised. What you've said you ate on your up days doesn't actually sound very much so you might find your gain is because you're not eating enough on your up days!?

Back