Up daydown day diet

toofat

I've stuck to this diet for a week, eating less than 450 calories on down days and under 2000 on the up days and have not lost an ounce. Has anyone else noticed this on this diet as everyone seems so pleased with it and I've been told to expect about 2.5lb loss a week.

I don't know what diet this is, but if you haven't lost anything then perhaps 2000 cals is too much for your frame?

I had an enlightening moment recently watching a weight loss programme where they spoke about the 'average' calories that we all know is 2000 for a woman.. well they challenged this thought with the fact that not everyone is the same height or has the same metabolism.

I'll be honest.. I had never thought of this before. So thought I'd post this thought here.. perhaps it'll help ((hugs))

Good luck, hope you manage to work something out, or find something that suits YOU more.

Not sure hun but have you tried adding up your total calorie intake for the week. You need to have 3500 less than your body needs to lose 1lb, for example:

If you need 1700 per day to maintain your weight that equates 11,900 for the week, therefore I would need to eat 8,400 to lose 1lb.

xx

I never thought that I should consider how many calories I personally need. I have no idea how to work it out. I don't do excerise other than the daily work which has to change I know but i loathe it. I've worked in jobs that are physical before and that doesn't effect my weight, I think I'm designed to work in a field all day like a shire horse! But adding up my weekly calories seems worthwhile. It must have worked for you! You look fantastic!

I never thought that I should consider how many calories I personally need. I have no idea how to work it out. I don't do excerise other than the daily work which has to change I know but i loathe it. I've worked in jobs that are physical before and that doesn't effect my weight, I think I'm designed to work in a field all day like a shire horse! But adding up my weekly calories seems worthwhile. It must have worked for you! You look fantastic!

It can be tricky to work it out and is really a case of trial and error. A good place to start in working out your personal calories is your Balsal Metabolic rate which is basically how many calories you need to function, ie if you did absolutely nothing all day. Mine is 1300, I am only short 5ft 1 and don't exercise and my ideal calorie intake is 1650, if I exercised more it would be higher etc.

xx

Great that it may give you an idea on where to go from here.. :) hope to read about your progress soon :) Keep up the great work.

it doesnt look healthy that diet, the down days look like your eating too little, this is just my opinion though.

The down days are in line with Cambridge and Lighter life etc... but they have balanced vits n' minerals as part of the packs.

Back