Update for today and thoughts about what to do

Moonagedaydream

I lost 2 lbs this week. Of course I would have loved a higher loss, but 2lbs off is still good.

I spoke to the chemist about maybe going onto maintenance in a couple of weeks. I am disapointed/fearful at the thought of doing this.

I am hoping that I will still lose on maintenance as I have heard it is possible. I am sad at the thought of the weightloss slowing down further as it is a good incentive being able to see the results. I found it easier to stick to this once I had got over the shock of it than I ever have limiting my food intake - and that is why I am fearful about reintroducing food too.

But I know I have to reintroduce food sensibly and eat healthily and think of food as fuel - not as something to use to comfort/punish myself with.

I may manage to get down to 12 Stone in the next couple of weeks - God willing. Then it will be a test to see if I can continue to lose and get down to my target weight.

I would really like to get down to 10 Stone if possible. I wonder if I can manage this on maintenance?

I only lost 2lbs aswell this week. Have to admit I was abit dissappointed but the weight losses on this diet can vary so much from week to week so lets hope next weeks is huge! I keep telling myself I should really only weigh once a month or at most every fortnight but there's not a chance I could do that! How are you getting on otherwise? Can you cope on TFR for a bit longer?

BM

I think the way this works you can lose less one week and more another. Hormones/periods, water intake and all sorts of things affect it. You have done really well so far! :)

I am getting tempted to stay on TFR for longer (and just not let onto people who are worried about me staying on it). Maybe until the beginning of December - and hopefully my weight will be at a healthy level by then. I really think around 10 Stone is probably healthy for my height. I still look fat - obviously I have lost a lot of weight so far and look better than I did - but I am still big! Different people "carry" their weight differently. I certainly look like I need to lose 1-2 stone more. My arms are slim. My legs are not too bad - certainly shapely. BUT my middle area (ie back, midrif, stomach, chest) is lardy still. I have lost a bit around the middle, I am sure, but I need to lose a bit more to look healthier.

It seems mad to stop when I have only got about halfway through the amount of loss I want. Especially as I am not finding no food that hard. Occasionally I think I would like to be able to eat - but I am ok with the shakes. I am actually more scared about eating food again - I don't want to put the weight on again but to maintain a healthy size/shape/weight.

Last edited:
Sounds like you are doing very well. I'm like you I want to stay on it until I reach my goal weight. I'm finding it easier and easier now. You've only got 2 anda half stones to go, you can be there by Xmas!

BM

Its easier to stick to it once you have adjusted to it. Early on you feel angry/upset and deprived. Once you start seeing the weight coming off that is an incentive to stick with it. I think I will stay on it.

Its easier to stick to it once you have adjusted to it. Early on you feel angry/upset and deprived. Once you start seeing the weight coming off that is an incentive to stick with it. I think I will stay on it.

Yes your right. Its also breaking the habits thats hard. You know always having a snack while watching a certain programme, or a takeaway and a glass of wine every friday night,etc. I've just finished week 5 and i'm starting to find it quite easy. Best wishes for this week.

BM

Moonagedaydream said:

This is so true! X

Back