Upset tummy

Hello
I've been SS for 9 weeks, but this week I had some proper food one evening. It was my hubbies b'day and he & the kids had a chinese + choccy cake. I had a very small portion of chicken breast and spinach (and it was lovely!). Before everyone says that I should have been strong and made an excuse not to eat, I didn't really feel that I could. My kids are only 7, and I really didn't want to lie to them again about why mummy couldn't eat again. I want them to grow up with a healthy relationship with food, rather than being a screw up like me!

Anyway, it seems like it's given me a boost as the loss this week was 5lb rather than the 2-3 that I usually have, so that's a bonus, but yesterday I had an awfully upset tummy. Is this a side effect of eating food for the first time in a while, or the other thing I'd thought of was that it could be too much sweetner tabs in tea etc?

Anybody have any answers?

Thanks

I cant help you but just wanted to say you are right about your children. I want my children to have a healthy and balanced attitude to food (unlike my attitude). You did not tuck into a chinese or choc cake but made the healthy choice to have the chicken and spinach so good on you.

Its a concern of mine to make sure my kids grow up with a healthy attitude towards food. The fact that you were faced with a tough test and made wise choices is a credit to you. Well done hun :) and well done on a good loss.

Laura x

PS I'm just outside of Colchester too :)

The toughest test was making the blooming chocolate fudge cake with the kids on Monday night!! Not licking the spoon or even my fingers! Oh and then watching them cram chunks of cadbury flake and buttons on top... every morning I've opened that cake tin and just inhaled the chocolate! Can you absorb carbs doing that? Hee hee.

Hi sylvielove - nice to see a local on here! Who's your CDC?

Yes it probably was the food that upset your tummy. I may have be too greasey and your tummy is not used to that much fat anymore. My nurse always suggest adding more packs per day if I slow down in weight loss because it boost your metabolism causing a bigger loss that week. It seemed to work. HTH

The toughest test was making the blooming chocolate fudge cake with the kids on Monday night!! Not licking the spoon or even my fingers! Oh and then watching them cram chunks of cadbury flake and buttons on top... every morning I've opened that cake tin and just inhaled the chocolate! Can you absorb carbs doing that? Hee hee.

Hi sylvielove - nice to see a local on here! Who's your CDC?

Hiya,

Jeremy is my CDC, who's yours?

Laura x

Back