URGENT ADVICE - Fainted twice

Yes we can

Hi

On my way to work this morning I fainted on the tram I then sat down and fainted again. The second time I fainted I couldn't actually see for a few mins when I came around which really scared me. I am now at home I went to the chemist and got my blood pressure checked and its normal. The chemist told me that it's not related to LT but are they only saying that ??? I went to another chemist (they don't do the LT) and they said I should have something to eat its to extreme!

I have never fainted like that before? Really don't know what to do don't want to give up and now my family will be hounding me to get off this. I don't want to be fainting either god imagine I had of fainted when I was driving!!

Please help!! x

Ohh hun, how awful, and what an awful dilemma too. I know this diet is hard.... perhaps you have a virus? And combine that with being on a diet maybe its just too much atm? If the chemist says your blood pressure is fine then its NOT the diet hun... I would trust that. They wont lie about your health!!!!
Persoanlly maybe your coming down with something? There is sooo much about right now, a lot of us on here are poorly.... Just a suggestion, but since you don`t have stones and stones to lose, have you considered doing the maintenance plan instead of TFR??

Have a chat to your pharmacist... I think at this time you may benefit from eating a high protein meal once a day. If your body is fighting off germs?? What do you think? you know your body better than anyone, so have a think about it. Same as you say, its dangerous and if you had fainted at the wheel.. well that doesn't bear thinking about does it...
I hope you will be alright, be thinking of you.... fill us in soon yeah?
much love Lou xx

Hey Lou thank you so much for your reply it's hard to know what to do I love this diet got up this morning feeling great my work clothes were hanging off me and then that goes and happens ! I'm going to go to the chemist I go to for LT and maybe start refeed today.

Your right though I was thinking I could be coming down with something as my sister and her kids had a bug the wkend! My stomach doesn't feel the best at the moment after the chemist might have the chicken salad and see how that goes. Maybe I could just do heathy eating instead and lose slowly I wont be at goal for Oz but my health is more important. I am soooo gutted its unreal :( hopefully I have enough determination to still lose through eating health and my bad habits are gone! x

Well just back from the chemist and im on refeed I feel like such a failure :( these things always happens me :( ah well chin up and move on. Feel like ive let you girls down aswell :( sorry x

Well just back from the chemist and im on refeed I feel like such a failure :( these things always happens me :( ah well chin up and move on. Feel like ive let you girls down aswell :( sorry x
No no no you have NOT let anyone down chick!!! Not at all..... and please don`t feel bad cos you`ve gone onto re~feed.... I promise you WILL STILL LOSE WEIGHT!! and then even on the maintenance you should still be able too as well, as long as you make careful choices.... Go and have a snuzzy at the Re/feed & maintenance forums to get some idea chick. You have NOT failed at all.... be a bit kinder to yourself you hear!!!!???? lol or I`ll smack ya bum ha ha ha :D
Your doing the right thing for you right NOW and thats all that matters..... Be strong and be HAPPY!!! Love to you xxx and you know where we are XX

Stick with it hun.... Did you have plenty of water??? I'm sure its not related to LT if you've not had any probs like this already..... If this diet is working for you!!! Stick with it hun!!! X

Stick with it hun.... Did you have plenty of water??? I'm sure its not related to LT if you've not had any probs like this already..... If this diet is working for you!!! Stick with it hun!!! X
Sorry my comment has only just gone up.... Maybe after your re-feed giveit another go when your feeling better about things!!! x

Have you considered to switch over to Dukan? Then you can eat all day long and as much as you like and you will still lose weight. A friend of mine is on it and has lost more than 36lbs and she's still on it. It will take a bit longer, but it might be worth a thought? There's also a Dukan forum here on Minimins. I will be switching back to Dukan after my refeed.

Hope you feel better soon. x

ive had a dizzy feinty moment on LT however... it was when id had hardly any water and was working hard all day in a boiling hot store! i had a load of water and a shake and i was just fine, so if it was anything like that im sure it was just a blip, like dee said maybe give it another go after refeed xx

Hiya mirjam,
Just been browsing the Dukan diet and went onto Amazon to have a look at the book reviews.... not good.... are you aware that the diet has now been banned, and Mr Dukan himself has backed down on the dietary advice?
Be careful hun.... :wave_cry: Lou xx
Have you considered to switch over to Dukan? Then you can eat all day long and as much as you like and you will still lose weight. A friend of mine is on it and has lost more than 36lbs and she's still on it. It will take a bit longer, but it might be worth a thought? There's also a Dukan forum here on Minimins. I will be switching back to Dukan after my refeed.

Hope you feel better soon. x

Lou, I don't know where you get your info from but Dukan is not banned and Dr. D has not backed down. He was on BBC breakfast last Friday and no mention of being banned or backed down by both the reporters or himself. It's true that he has lost a court case but that has nothing to do with Dukan being banned. Where did you find that Dukan was banned as I am curious?

Hi

On my way to work this morning I fainted on the tram I then sat down and fainted again. The second time I fainted I couldn't actually see for a few mins when I came around which really scared me. I am now at home I went to the chemist and got my blood pressure checked and its normal. The chemist told me that it's not related to LT but are they only saying that ??? I went to another chemist (they don't do the LT) and they said I should have something to eat its to extreme!

I have never fainted like that before? Really don't know what to do don't want to give up and now my family will be hounding me to get off this. I don't want to be fainting either god imagine I had of fainted when I was driving!!

Please help!! x
haya, trust me please on this one, you can actually faint on the diet because your blood sugar is so low. i am diabetic and was on the diet for some time and a lot of times i felt really like fainting but as soon as this happens, i quickly have chicken or some protein to eat! you dont have to be diabetic to faint. unfortunately, this is the only diet thay have worked for me! i have been struggling to get back on but for anyone on this diet, know your body!!!!!

Hi and thanks for all your advice! Yeah maybe I will go back on it after refeed although I was planning to go on refeed in 3 weeks in anyway! Ive been really upset all day that i've had to come off this my first meal did not taste as good as it should of as a result! So hard what to decide to do! I'll see how I am tomorrow and just take it one day at a time try have 3 shakes and if im unwell just have one meal for dinner. x

Lou, I don't know where you get your info from but Dukan is not banned and Dr. D has not backed down. He was on BBC breakfast last Friday and no mention of being banned or backed down by both the reporters or himself. It's true that he has lost a court case but that has nothing to do with Dukan being banned. Where did you find that Dukan was banned as I am curious?
as I said Amazon book reviewers :) mind you on reflection think Ive been a bit hasty in speaking about it...... done some of my own research since and it has a lot of support and success..... But hey don`t shoot the messenger..... sorry :( Lou xx

Last edited:
No worries Lou! :) I think you got your wires crossed with banned food in the attack phase. X

So sorry to hear about today - you were doing so well too. I only felt a bit dizzy/dozey in the first couple of weeks. Now my body seems to be fine and I have lots of energy (although I still have to take it easy standing up as I can get a head rush).
I did eat extra protein in the second week and I still lost weight (only 2lb but then lost 5lb the next so think it just delayed the result on the scales). This is a hard diet and I'm lucky that I'm not working at the moment (have Nov/Dec off) which is why I decided to do it now. I've had every bug under the sun and if I'd had to go to work I don't think I've still be on it. Don't be too upset - this is a miracle diet from Hell for sure but it's not the only way to lose weight. Sounds like you need a well balanced diet and I'd go for a low GI one if I were you - so you're managing your portion sizes and limited things that will spike your blood sugar levels. Then if you want to come back on LT you shouldn't have such severe headaches.

Hope you feel better soon xxx

Aww really sorry to hear you fainted and haven't been well yes we can :( .. you have to make a decision that suits your health as not everyones body is suitable for LT. Keep up your journey though no matter what path you take :) xx

Hey LTers

Thank you for all your comments. I think I have decided to jump back on LT :) going to see how I get on over the next few days! Yesterday I had two small bowls of chicken salad from refeed do you think this will have done much damage?? (and by the way they were not nice at all would much rather a choc shake :) far too try) so I reckon im going to start having the hell I endured the first few days again :( what a nightmare! I really hope I stick to it now! x

Bet you wonr even come out of ketosis if thats all you had and they were pretty small portions!!! You will be fine!! You can do it!!! x

Back