Urgent Advice Required.....

newcomer

I have been invited out for an Indian meal tomorrow, I do not have a clue how to do this on Xenical? I understand it will be popadoms with all bits, a starter, main course and then coffee and mints?
Anyone got any idea's what I can have please please please?:eek:

Tip No 1 - DON'T PANIC ;) Losing weight should not just about dieting it is about changing your eating habits and low calories and cutting out fats is a sure way to lose weight. You are never just going to go to an Indian Restaurant just once in your life are you ;) so read this Any recommendations for low-fat Indian food? and google "low fat restaurant Indian food" and you will get lost of info.

I had a takeaway a weekend or so back and I am on Xenical, I just ordered a Tandoori Mixed Grill. It came with a chopped salad and raita , a delicious yogurt and cucumber dip, it was yummy as when I took it home I stuffed a Pitta bread with the salad and moistened with Raita and scoffed the lot, with no side effects. Going to a restaurant, order half a portion of plain rice or order extra salad and enjoy. Try to remember to eat slowly and leave something on your plate, it will make you feel like a goody and self righteous :p

Moderation is the key to any successful weight loss, so stop panicking and look forward to your night out.

Thanks Joany,
Had a read of those sites, am going to have the tandori mixed grill sounds like the safest option, and as I dont suffer with eating the prawns will have prawns to start... so should be ok I think, feel better now didnt want to be tango'd all wednesday!!!!
thanks again

You're welcome, some of the Ladies stop their Xenical when they are going out to try and stop any bad side effects the following day, I carry on taking them. If I get Tango'd badly I know I have done it all wrong, and I have secreted a lot of the bad fat, heehee and a lesson learned, oh n I take a spare pair of nicks n a safety pad with me the followind day just in case :rolleyes:

yep i would agree with all of the above, stay strong! maybe if your still worried you could call the restaurant in the morning and ask about their low fat options. good luck!

tomato based curries are usually better.. not any with extra cream (korma is bad)... weatherspoons do a nice jalfrezi thats low fat x

Thanks for the advice, didnt realise re Weatherspoons, we were in there the other day and I noticed they had a curry night which looked good value, I will have to check weather it had the Jalfezi on it as part of the deal... thanks

A good low fat option is Chicken Shashlik. This is delicious, comes with a side salad and a curry "on the side" so you can opt to have as little as you please. Combine that with plain boiled rice and you have a lovely low fat yummy Indian meal.
Enjoy x

hey newcomer , i go to weatherspoons for the curry deal (thursdays) there are three low fat curries on the deal.... spinach and veg , chicken balti and chicken jalfrezi...all are under 5 percent fat...and ive had no problems at all eating them.. i usually drink water with ice with the curry i never want to push the healthy eating too far and have alcohol... im boring maybe lol

and chicken sashlik sounds nice wht kind of curry is it ? .. xx

hey newcomer , i go to weatherspoons for the curry deal (thursdays) there are three low fat curries on the deal.... spinach and veg , chicken balti and chicken jalfrezi...all are under 5 percent fat...and ive had no problems at all eating them.. i usually drink water with ice with the curry i never want to push the healthy eating too far and have alcohol... im boring maybe lol

and chicken sashlik sounds nice wht kind of curry is it ? .. xx
Shashlik is cooked on a skewer with peppers and onions and is rather dry - kind of like Chicken Tikka. For those of you who understand WW points, one piece of shashlik would equate to 1 point so it's a good low fat choice. The sauce comes with it but separate so you can control how much or how little you have.

hmmmmm curry!!! all this talk of food is making me really hungry

Back