Urgent help needed before a possible meeting tonight

zebredy

Sci-Fi Geek
Just a quick intro

I used to do WW and it worked fine (this was with discovery)

Then we tried Propoints but after a few weeks it didn't work so well for my hubby, who gained a little each week.

It worked fine for me (I lost 2.5lbs both weeks using only 10-20 of my weekly allowance as well)

Now after about 5-6 months we are considering going back to a meeting tonight and giving it one last try on PP before we ditch them for good in favour of Discovery which we know and love

The meetings worked for us it was only PP that my hubby struggled with, but over all the environment and the weekly weigh ins really helped to keep us on track
___

My hubby has gained a few lbs since we last were at WW (only 7-8 which in the grand scheme of things for him it isn't too bad) and I think I have gained maybe 4-5 (we shall see tonight if we go)

but before I/we make a final decision whether to give the meetings and Propoints another try, I have a few questions that I need answering if anyone out there can help? PLEASE
___

Ok here goes

1- How much do meetings cost at the moment for people paying cash (I know its cheaper to pay monthly, but we will only do that if we think its worth it in a month or twos time)

2- Do you have to pay if you don't turn up (even if you pay cash) like are there penalties, do you get refused entry if you don't pay for the previous week where you didn't turn up. How can they take the money from you? I suffer from migraines missed one meeting before and it was all ok, but what if we only want to go like once ever other week after a month or two?

3- Any larger men out there that can say this worked for them? Last time my hubby and I did this, my OH could not believe how many points he was on. He ate them all, but really felt like he was eating a hell of a lot. He thinks that's why he didn't loose weight and is really worried about spending out the money and gaining more weight, (this was without even touching any of the weekly points allowance as well). So any men out there that are on loads of points and can vouch for PP it would really help to motivate him to going back with me (he does want to go back but is a little apprehensive after what happened last time on PP)

4- Lastly a little bit rhetorical I know but do you think we should give it another try, anyone else there ditched PP and then gave it another try with good results?...

If anyone reads this and replies before tonight I would be really really grateful...

5.95 for a meeting, you get charged for missed meetings (£10.95 for one class missed i think - that also pays for the class you are then going to attend) you get 2 holiday days every 6 months, and yes i think you both should give it a go!

hubby maybe should just eat what he can, rather than eating for the sake of it. I know its against the rules, but if he's happier eating 40pp a day rather than 60pp, if he sticks at it he'll still lose ok. Just as long as he sticks to the 40pp as his body will get used to whatever he does eat. Just dont tell your leader that hes doing it :p

5.95 for a meeting, you get charged for missed meetings (£10.95 for one class missed i think - that also pays for the class you are then going to attend) you get 2 holiday days every 6 months, and yes i think you both should give it a go!

hubby maybe should just eat what he can, rather than eating for the sake of it. I know its against the rules, but if he's happier eating 40pp a day rather than 60pp, if he sticks at it he'll still lose ok. Just as long as he sticks to the 40pp as his body will get used to whatever he does eat. Just dont tell your leader that hes doing it :p

I was wondering if it was best to tell them that we can't go every week, before we properly join, and see what they say.

They would still be getting money from us, just they would not end up losing us as members in the long run

1) It's free registration at the moment, but look on the WW own website you might be lucky and find a voucher where your friend (hubby) joining will give you a reduction on your joining meeting fee (you might get it the following week not sure ~ look on the website!) Weekly cost is £5.95 going down to £2.99 if you pay monthly.

2) When you pay weekly you get 2 meetings every 6 month ( I think) to use as holidays etc. Anything over this you would need to pay for next time you go.

3) A few weeks ago the class handout was devoted to men and their weightlosses, how they'd achived it , what they'd eaten, any tips etc! So yes it does work for men

4) Rhetorical answer it's your choice and only you can make it, how successful it is depends on how true/honest you are to yourself you and writing everything down.

Hope this helps

1) It's free registration at the moment, but look on the WW own website you might be lucky and find a voucher where your friend (hubby) joining will give you a reduction on your joining meeting fee (you might get it the following week not sure ~ look on the website!) Weekly cost is £5.95 going down to £2.99 if you pay monthly.

2) When you pay weekly you get 2 meetings every 6 month ( I think) to use as holidays etc. Anything over this you would need to pay for next time you go.

3) A few weeks ago the class handout was devoted to men and their weightlosses, how they'd achived it , what they'd eaten, any tips etc! So yes it does work for men

4) Rhetorical answer it's your choice and only you can make it, how successful it is depends on how true/honest you are to yourself you and writing everything down.

Hope this helps

Yes thanks for the reply.. I lost over 2 and half stone going before and my hubby lost over 3 stone so it can work, just got to get PP to work for him then we are sorted..

Anyone else got anything to add.

I know I have it in me to give this 100% I just have so many questions on my mind at the moment..

Back