Urgent help please!!

<3_my_cat_x

Hi all,

I am off out shortly to a Wetherspoons for OH mum's bday and I have no idea what I can have that it ketosis/sns friendly. I will have fizzy water to drink but I am a vegetarian so what can I eat?!! I can't just have meat and salad. I could just have salad but they only do a small side salad and it's like 17 cals so it'll be tiny and I know I'm gonna look really stupid :( Please help! I do eat eggs.

XX

No sure what's on the weatherspoons menu but you could try fish if you eat that (just take off the batter if battered). If not maybe ask if they do eggs related things or see if they'll do you a big salad.

Yeh could do that - thanks guys. I don't eat fish actually so that's a no! On the menu when I looked yesterday they had this superfood salad with salmon and i thought i could take the salmon out of that and have that and just eat a bit of the butternut squash in there but that's not on the menu anymore - says on the website that menu has just been updated just my luck!! Before I would have been like oh well ill just come off plan and had wine dessert etc but this is my fourth week 100% and Im just not willing to compromise atm! Maybe I could say i dont want to eat - i just reckon ill look so stupid... :( x

Do they do a veggie soup? It won't be totally on plan but is likely to not be too carby - so maybe a soup and a side salad?

Most places are pretty accommodating and will do you something slightly different as long as they have the ingredients.

Thanks guys - thank you SO much for responding so quickly - noone understands unless they are actually on this diet!! Being veggie makes it 100 times worse! I dont think they do a soup LED - I couldnt see one anywhere? xxx

Just found the menu - looks like you'd have to adapt any meal quite a bit, but for example if you got the all-day veggie brunch and just eat the eggs and one or two of the sausages, with a side salad, then at least you'd get a meal!

Oooh, or the chicken caesar salad without the chicken or the croutons... this is my fave low carb meal out! (Can you tell I'm on day 5 and am enjoying pouring over a menu far too much!) :D

Lol thanks - its an option isnt it!! Tempted to just say i cant eat... it doesnt bother me personally as in i wont feel left out or missing out im so used to sns now! But i am worried ill look stupidxx

Don't worry you won't look stupid - I got dragged out for a meal for my own birthday a couple of years ago when I was doing Exante, and I just had sparkling water and a diet coke... rather than looking stupid I looked like I had great will-power (and also looked skinnier than I had for years, so who could argue with that!) Anyone who's going to criticise you for something as positive as losing weight isn't worth worrying about!

Remember Dr Seuss - Those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind!

Ask them to whip you up a plain omlette made without milk and have a side salad with it most places will go off the menu for you :)

You'd be lucky to get a place like Wetherspoons to do that, altho it's a great idea for a proper pub :)
You'd be surprised. Me and my friends have ordered stuff way off the menu in places like Harvester and if they have the ingredients and don't have to make too much effort they're usually fine.

Back