Urgent help please!!

What an unnecessarily catty comment!

It wasn't a catty comment at all-it was a genuine one. Wetherspoons as a chain aren't very good at changing things as they're meals are preset, they're reluctant to alter anything, same as brewers fayre-unless that's just the ones round here. Where as a normal pub or restaurant might be more accommodating.

It is a lot harder to go for a meal out and stay on track when you are a vegetarian, its much easier as a meat eater to do that sadly. I'm a veggie myself and so have basically been avoiding meals out at the moment but have a family meal out planned for my b'day in May and I have decided rather than have a miserable b'day celebration I will come off the diet for that one day and then get back on track the next and just have to face a few rough days following my treat meal, its not for everyone but I feel as long as its once in a blue moon its ok. Good luck, hope it goes well for you Em x

It wasn't a catty comment at all-it was a genuine one. Wetherspoons as a chain aren't very good at changing things as they're meals are preset, they're reluctant to alter anything, same as brewers fayre-unless that's just the ones round here. Where as a normal pub or restaurant might be more accommodating.

Agreed. A place like Wetherspoons is very unlikely to go off the menu for anything. The majority of their food comes in pre packed and pre portioned out so they don't have the ability to adapt things much really. Somewhere like Harvester is completely different, they cook everything up fresh and so can easily do things that aren't on the menu if thy have the ingredients. Wetherspoons just aren't equipped for it unfortunately.

I took welshtiggers comment as saying that, it's just generally not what somewhere like Wetherspoons does rather than taking it as a fatty comment.

OP could you ask to go somewhere else?

Agreed. A place like Wetherspoons is very unlikely to go off the menu for anything. The majority of their food comes in pre packed and pre portioned out so they don't have the ability to adapt things much really. Somewhere like Harvester is completely different, they cook everything up fresh and so can easily do things that aren't on the menu if thy have the ingredients. Wetherspoons just aren't equipped for it unfortunately.

I took welshtiggers comment as saying that, it's just generally not what somewhere like Wetherspoons does rather than taking it as a fatty comment.

OP could you ask to go somewhere else?

Thanks Caz! I'm sick of being 'got at' for offering genuine advice!

Last edited:
Back