Urgh

British_Claire_84

Gold Member
:jelous:

Have gorra chesty cough that's driving me mad and fending off a cold. Don't really fancy an awful lot of food at the moment so i'm just eating what i fancy when i fancy it. I'm still staying off bread, potatoes, pasta n the like but i'm having more high carb veg etc. For example, today i've had MnS fresh pea n ham soup for dinner. Not the best in carbs wise but not the worst either.

I'll be back to normal soon enough but right now i'm resting up before back to work on Monday.

Feel pants about coming off plan for a lil while though :mad:

2.gif
get well soon! x

Not nice Claire, I hope you're a bit better today.

hope you feel better babe xxx

Hey guys, feeling much better today. The cough has almost gone and the cold i'm determined is NOT allowed to happen! Dosed up on cough medicine n vicks first defence. Back to work today. Almost back on plan totally. Cooked home made slow cooker creamy chicken curry to take to work with me. Nothing else with it.

great glad you feeling better. ooh your curry sounds yummy...recipe?

Pinched from - Makhni Chicken Curry Slow Cooker (Crock Pot) Recipe

Makhni Chicken Curry Slow Cooker (Crock Pot) Recipe
Makhni (Buttery) skinless bone-less chicken breast is made with butter, cream and yogurt
We will not marinate the chicken in this recipe.

Ingredients
1. Ghee or Cooking oil: ¼ Cup
2. Skinless boneless chicken breast: 2 pounds
The chicken should be cut into 16 to 24 equal size pieces.
3. Finely chopped Onion almost pureed: ½ Cup
4. Salt: ½ teaspoon
5. Ground Cayenne (Lal Mirch): ¼ teaspoon
3. Minced Garlic: 1 Tablespoon
4. Ginger Chopped: 1 Inch
5. Curry Powder: 2 teaspoons
6. Dahi Yogurt: 2 Tablespoons
7. Chopped tomatoes: 1 Cup
8. Butter (unsalted): 2 Tablespoons
9. Water: ¼ Cup
9. Garam Masala: 1 teaspoon
10. Bay leaves: 2
11. Paprika (Degi Mirch): ½ teaspoon
12. Heavy whipping cream: 1 Cup

Method
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Fry chicken pieces till opaque white to light brown. Remove with slotted spoon and put in the crock pot.
3. Add Onions, salt and cayenne to hot oil in the pan. Sauté till onions are translucent and the edges start to turn brown.
4. Add garlic and ginger. Sauté another 2 minutes.
5. Add curry powder, sauté 30 second.
6. Add Dahi Yogurt, sauté till almost all the moisture from the yogurt is consumed.
7. Add Tomatoes and butter. Heat till almost bubbly. Transfer to crock pot.
8. Rinse out the pan with water and add water to the crock pot. At this point we are done with the pan.
9. Add remaining ingredients. Stir. Cover the crock pot set at high. Cook for 40 minutes.
10. Turn down cooker to low, cook for additional 5 to six hours. You may cook at high and save about two hours.

I edited this as i didn't have the tomatoes and also missed out bay leaves, cayenne and paprika. Used a dash of double cream rather than whipping cream. Used butter to fry off the chicken n onion rather than the oil.

I've made this quite a few times now over the years. I kind of just made it up last night and didn't refer to this recipe as it's quite easy anyways. Used normal FF greek yoghurt rather than the dahi yoghurt.

Haven't counted the carbs but don't think it'll be too bad.

thanks hon. whats the yoghurt?

Hi Calire, that's good love. :wavey:

:sigh: or Claire even.

Back