USA/Canada Healthy Extra's

BritMumInCanada

Gold Member
thought I would do a thread for any new healthy extra's any of us find out about.

I recently discovered these are a healthy Extra B choice, think it is just the healthy grains ones though, will double check.

Flatout Bread - Better Than Sliced Bread - Low Carb, High Fiber Flatbreads

also these muffins are a Healthy Extra B choice:

Thomas' - Thomas'® Light Multi-Grain English Muffins (6-pack)

these ones are high in fibre, so don't be fooled into thinking all wholegrain English muffins are a Healthy Extra..

then lastly 2 of these are a Healthy Extra B choice.

Ortega

It is nice to have some other things to choose from.

I recommend Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins (US) as a HEb. It is 100 calories and 5 grams of fiber per thin. Perfect for toast, sandwiches, etc. It is actually a bit less than 57g so you could have a thin and an extra half for you full serving.

not heard about them being okay for Healthy Extras, if you email all the nutritional information to slimming world, they can confirm for you though I am sure.

for syn value, it will be 1 syn for every 20 calories as no free food allowance.

Hi
I'm folloing SW in the UK and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some of the HEb that you are allowed to eat in the USA/Canada. I was looking on the USA website and noticed that you were allowed wholewheat muffins and yellow corn taco's, which I've managed to buy online. Any info would be gratefull appreciated. Be nice for a change every now and then ;0)

is only the Ortego wholegrain or yellow corn tacos which are allowed as a HEb, 2 of them - these ones Ortega

and muffins as a HEb are only these ones

the Thomas Light Multi Grain or Hearty Grain 100% Whole Wheat English Muffins (just 1 muffin),Thomas' - Thomas'® Light Multi-Grain English Muffins

or Natures Own 100 Calorie Multi Grain English Muffins, (just 1 muffin)
http://www.naturesownbread.com/NAT_Varieties/variety.cfm?categoryid=120&productid=677

I am not sure of the full list for HEbs as it is only available to Texas meetings, it isnt yet online and members would be unable to post the full list details here as it would be a copyright issue.

Also be aware that the extra easy plan is slightly different in the US I believe, so while these may qualify as healthy extras in the US, they may not be allowed on the UK plan. I do use them (I am in Canada) and follow the plan as in the UK and havent had a problem. But I have heard that the US plan is slightly different.

Last edited:
I joined SW online USA because a) it was about a third of the price of the UK site, and b) I'm married to an American, live near several US Army bases and shop in the Commissary so have easy access to US brands, c) I have US credit card and d) we're relocating to Florida some time in the next few months.

I have no idea if Extra Easy is different to the UK version or not. I see mention of Red and Green days, still - can you do either/or through the week as you like, OR EE, in the UK? I don't have any information about Red and Green days in my pack at all. (I did SW in the UK a couple of times about nine years ago and still have loads of books and torn-out recipes and old magazines, so I know how it used to work).

I do have a nice list of Syns for US-branded products. Actually, looking at the books, it just says '3 steps to an extra easy start' and allows you to pick unlimited free foods, 3 HEs and 5-10 Syns a day. 2 HEA and 1 HEB as you would expect.

According to this, Arnold's Sandwich Thins (the wholewheat/whole grain types) as well as Thomas' bagel thins are free. There are a couple of brands I am going to have to check, as for example the tortilla wraps I prefer are 60 calories a wrap and low carb, low fat, high protein.

The US site doesn't promote or mention Red or Green days. All US based groups follow Extra Easy.

Arnold Thins are a Healthy Extra B serving; not free. You have to syn any additional servings.

yep clevagirl is right, no bread items are "FREE" you get a certain allowance of bread (fibre) each day through your healthy extra B choice. But of course is not just restricted to bread, but also covers ,cereal, cereal bars, crackers etc

I know this is a really old thread, but it is stickied! Could anyone tell me if any of the Kashi GoLean cereals are a healthy extra B choice? I loved these cereals in Canada and my local Tesco has now started stocking them and I can't begin to tell you how much I'd like to use these for my HexB if possible! A serving seems to be comparable to the SW HiFi bars, so I am optimistic, but I'd really appreciate some clarification if possible. Thanks :)

The following Go Lean cereals are listed as HexBs:
Go Lean Crunch Cereal, 1oz
Go Lean Crunch Cereal, Honey Almond Flax, 1oz
Heart to Heart, Warm Cinnamon, 3/4 cup
Honey Sunshine Squares, 3/4 cup
Go Lean Original Cereal, 1 oz
7 Whole Grain Flakes Cereal, 1 oz

Excellent, thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it! :)

Does anyone know if Flat out wraps are still a hexb?
Thanks!

Hi, I was following Slimming World in the UK but moved to the US a few months ago and have gained all the weight I lost and more. I can't afford to join online but would really like to follow the US plan, is there a list of all the healthy extra a and b choices anywhere please? Thanks for any help people can offer

I joined SW online USA because a) it was about a third of the price of the UK site, and b) I'm married to an American, live near several US Army bases and shop in the Commissary so have easy access to US brands, c) I have US credit card and d) we're relocating to Florida some time in the next few months.

I have no idea if Extra Easy is different to the UK version or not. I see mention of Red and Green days, still - can you do either/or through the week as you like, OR EE, in the UK? I don't have any information about Red and Green days in my pack at all. (I did SW in the UK a couple of times about nine years ago and still have loads of books and torn-out recipes and old magazines, so I know how it used to work).

I do have a nice list of Syns for US-branded products. Actually, looking at the books, it just says '3 steps to an extra easy start' and allows you to pick unlimited free foods, 3 HEs and 5-10 Syns a day. 2 HEA and 1 HEB as you would expect.

According to this, Arnold's Sandwich Thins (the wholewheat/whole grain types) as well as Thomas' bagel thins are free. There are a couple of brands I am going to have to check, as for example the tortilla wraps I prefer are 60 calories a wrap and low carb, low fat, high protein.

Hi there, would you be able to share your Syns list you say you have of US brands. Im an ex pat liveing in Canada and struggling with brands? Thx

Back