Used to be thin and want it again!

Book-Worm

Silver Member
Hello everyone!

Well, I'm back! As you can see from my profile, i lost a lot of weight with CD and SnS 3 years ago. I reached my goal weight, maintained, was happy, and, quite by accident, I got pregnant in 2014.

Best accident ever, might I add, and my husband and I welcomed a lovely little girl. The bad part was that the pregnancy was tough and, because I couldn't move, I just stuffed my face. And I put on a LOT of weight.

So I'm back so square one. My daughter is now 18 months, I'm 33, and I'm still as heavy as when I was pregnant.

I've tried SW and then the LCHF diet. I liked them both but struggled to lose weight. I think my PCOS is back in force (it felt like it disappeared when I was thin?) but I'm too ashamed to go see the GP.

So i have decided to give SnS another try. It worked for me in the past and I've already done the maintenance etc so I am confident in my choice. For now at least!

I really want to feel happy in myself again. I want to feel energetic, just like when I was slimmer. I don't want to feel like I'm a walking cliche every time I sweat or fall etc (the fat sweaty clumsy woman...). And most important of all, we'd love a second child (this time, a planned one, hehe), but I won't do it at that weight.

So I hope you won't mind if I join you. Minimins really helped me the first time around! And I'm looking forward to getting to know you. I've read a few threads already and love that Minimins is back and alive and kicking!

Welcome back Book_Worm and congratulations on your daughter.:)

You did really well before and I am sure you will again.

Back