Using coconut oil

ladyfelsham

Back to SW again
Hi all

I bought some coconut oil which arrived today, but do I have to heat it up first before I use it?

It's in a Lea and Perrins type bottle with a narrow neck, is white and solid - and no matter how much I shake it (with the lid on to avoid my usual kitchen mistakes hehe), it doesn't move at all!

Help!

Susie

It says suitable for cooking and skincare - I've had dinner now so tomorrow will stick a knife in and see if I can get any out and into a frying pan :)

Sx

Mine is solid too but in a nice wide-necked jar. Maybe try keeping it somewhere warm until it melts Susie?

Can't remember why I bough this in any case - does it have better fats or something? Omega 3s is ringing a bell!

Crack it open. I read that stuff is a wonder food for boosting your metabolism/helping you burn fat more quickly!

Thanks guys

Yes everything I read says it's terrific for weight loss, and for infections (I don't get the link either!) - the oil burns energy or summat...

At least it should make chicken taste vaguely of coconut - I'm thinking thai chicken with peppers and shredded cabbage.

Hi all

I bought some coconut oil which arrived today, but do I have to heat it up first before I use it?

It's in a Lea and Perrins type bottle with a narrow neck, is white and solid - and no matter how much I shake it (with the lid on to avoid my usual kitchen mistakes hehe), it doesn't move at all!

Help!

Susie

ghee so much better cooks at a much higher temp

Can't say I've ever tried it myself, I look forward to the results Susie. :)

I think Sharon (Cinta) uses it all the time. let us know and ill purchase!

ooh where you get it from?

lol not even for veggies ;)

Maybe transfer it to some tupperware when its liquid and let it re-set?

Be easier to just lift a lump out then he he...

Sounds very interesting though....

Might be nice when you make cauli rice.....spring onions...bits of chili...paprika...cayenne...few prawns maybe?

Hmmmmm.

Those are some claims, LOL

I'll believe anything that claims to be anti ageing lol - you should see the skin care rubbish I have at home - although just swapped to the Aldi range, Lacura, and I swear it's the best stuff I've ever used.

I know how important these things are to you, Jim :D

Oh im using the aldi stuff too. i even love the make up!

I can imagine loads of nice uses for coconut oil. ;)

JIM!!! what can you mean ;)

Back