Using points on junk?

izzay

Can I use my points on junk food and still loose weight?
This is my first week on WW and I have had a macdonalds using my daily points and last night I had dominos with my family using some daily and some weeklys. I've also eaten 2 creme eggs......It has all been within my points allowance...I've only used my weeklies on one day, and that was last night...
Will I really be able to do this and loose weight???

You should be able to use some of your points on 'junk' and lose weight. You might have to find the right balance though. For instance this week I am within my points but had quite a lot of chocolate and I have gained weight. But the other week I ate out twice and still lost weight.

Yes, I believe you can lose weight whilst eating 'junk'.

Obviously you can't be eating it all day every day, but as long as you have the points allowance, then yes.

I've lost 1st8 in 8 weeks, and in those 8 weeks I've had a 40pp thai meal, a 46pp burger, chips & sundae meal out as well as a portion of chips from the seaside.

I also eat "junk" snacks most days - such as biscuits, cakes, ice creams etc.
So I do think it is possible.

Good luck with your weight loss.

Yea i defo think you can. The first week i started i kept thinking i wasnt doing it right and taught my weigh in wouldnt go well because i had chocolate and crisps etc using my weeklies for drink aswell. The program is so flexible you can really eat what you like as long as you point it.

Thank you :) I would be really gutted to think I was following the plan and be doing it wrong and not loose :)

That is the point of the WW plan...you do not have to do without..make sure that you point it though as you can eat anything so long as you stay within your allowance (be that daily or weekly)..

I eat quite a bit of junk with my weeklies, that's what I love about ww you can eat what you like and lose weight. Eat plenty of free salad and fruit x

I use 6pp on Breakfast, 5pp on Lunch, 1pp on Milk and 12pp on Dinner and always spend the remaining 2pp plus Weeklies on 'Junk' but obviously the proportion of my food is healthy! X

Back