Using points

annh58

Hi I started Weightwatchers in January and to date I've lost 10lbs. My husband thought this was great and wanted to try too. I worked out his points to be 30 but he's having trouble using them all as he doesn't like a big breakfast or lunch.
Any ideas?:confused:

Hello!!

Well done on your loss! - thats fantastic!! - does he have a sweet tooth at all? he could always have a bar of chocolate or something at night. How many is he finding hard to get rid of?

hmm.. does he write down everything he eats?

I know it could be a bit of a job but would you be able to post a few days typical eating for him - we could then take a look at it and offer alternatives - things to switch (for higher points worth) etc.. might definately be worth a try.

what do you think??

30 isnt a HUGE amount to be honest. To have that many points unused is VERY unusual.

Is he working everything out correctly and writing everything down??

Id definitely recommend what Nikki suggested and maybe post either his daily menus here or give an idea of what he has for each meal.

Diary

Hi, thanks for all your hel. Here is a copy of his diary.
30g Bran Flakes 2 points
1/4 pint Semi Skimmed Milk 1/2 point

2 slice bread 2 points
1 tsp lurpak light 1/2 point
3 turkey rashers 1/2 point
1 tbs Mayo 1 point

baked potato 3 points
1/2 large tim baked beans 2 points
3 turkey rashers 1 point
2 x sherry 4 points
1 x wine 2 points
ww carrot cake 1 point
19 1/2 points

Help!

Well first off Id check the bread. What bread is he using? A lot of 'normal' bread is at least 1.5 points per slice. Also the Lurpack? Is that the right points on that (I may change back to it if it is lol)

The baked potato etc is that his main evening meal? To be honest that looks like hes eating as if hes on a diet if it is. Thats more like a snack/lunch. Id lose the turkey rashers, and have bacon. Turkey rashers are great if youre trying to save points but not if youre struggling.

Id definitely suggest he tries to have some kind of more substantial evening meal, maybe with a dessert, or failing that, if you have dinner early, some snacks in the evening. A bag of regular crisps is about 3 points.

Hey hun,

I agree with Starlight there are some quick substitutes you could make there- the butter, bread, turkey are all good ones you can swap for higher point alternatives.

I was also thinking, for a man the amount of FOOD (bearing in mind the alcohol is not nutritious and will not fill you up) he is eating is very small! My other half for example watches his weight and will eat in a typical day:

Brekkie- corn flakes with skimmed milk
Mid morning- crisps and half a sandwich
Lunch- 2 rounds of sarnies plus an apple, crisps and a piece of cake
Dinner- 2 chicken legs with chips and salad
Mid-evening snack- cornflakes
Late night supper- an apple and some grapes plus a little chocolate.

He never puts on weight and exercises 3x a week, and is fit and healthy. Granted he is tall at 6'6'' so I wouldnt expect every man to eat quite so much (if they were shorter) but his portions are HUGE!! I would think that your OH must feel pretty tired if he is only taking in that small amount of food- men need to eat more than us women and tbh even I would feel hungry on 19 and a half points!!

Cereal, bread, pasta, things with sauce are all good things to add in if you need to make up points cos they have quite a lot of points in.

This is all my opinion- if others want to comment on what i have said thats cool!

Hi,
Thanks for all your comments. I think when he saw me loosing weight he thought it would be a good idea so he has been eating what I eat but a bit more. As he didn't lose any weight this week I started to wonder. I now realise that he needs more food than I do even though he doesn't get much exercise.
Thanks for all your help.:)

Welcome!

By the way just wanted to add- i was calorie counting in January and found that the less I ate the less I ended up losing. The saying "you need to eat to lose weight" is definitely true, as strange as it may seem in practice! x

I totally agree with you. I have three courses at lunch time with only half an hour to eat it and I'm struggling but I feel satisfied and the weight has been coming off. Lost 10 lbs this year.

Back