Using Xmas as an excuse.....

Lucylu79

Gold Member
......Thats me right now, i've got red wine to my left and Le Roule on crackers on my right and thats just the start of a pick up night ahoy.

The thing is I really wanted to get to target for Xmas and I was getting there (3.5lbs to go) but I just don't seem to be 'feeling' SW at the mo, yes i'd love to maintain for a few weeks and get that sticker by the middle of jan but the way i'm going at this early stage i'll be sure to see a gain again this week after a 0.5lb 2 weeks ago (shift worker)

I'm just wondering well, hoping really, that i'm not the only one?

Looking back at my book last year over 4 weeks covering Xmas and new year I stayed the same (lost some/gained some) ....Perhaps in my head its ok to do that this year again?

I've got my Xmas Party on fri and I wanted to wear my skinny jeans which I need a good week to achieve.......Tomorrow is a new day, i've got nothing stopping me having a fab sun - fri.......Whats stopping me???!?!?!?

Don't let your new day start tomorrow. START IT RIGHT NOW!!! Finish the wine in your glass (NOT THE BOTTLE!!) and finish the cracker you're part way through eating AND PUT THE REST AWAY!!! Think about how many extra syns you could be eating from NOW until tomorrow, unless you stop yourself RIGHT NOW!!!

This will be my 4th SW Christmas. I've been good, I've been not so good (and gained) but each year have found it not too hard. Until this year. This is my first year at target and the first time that SW has felt like a 'diet'. Most people have a struggle when getting close to target - mainly with getting over the whole 'well I'm NEARLY at target, that's almost the same as BEING at target. Isn't it?'

It's perfectly fine to make your Christmas wish 'maintaining'. To repeat an old SW quote "Most people worry about what they eat between Christmas and New Year. They should really be worrying about what they eat between New Year and Christmas!!"

However, BE MINDFUL, aiming to maintain (or even a SMALL gain) is great, just don't end up as one of those people in mid-February who are still struggling to lose the Christmas gain. A beautiful shiny TARGET sticker would be a great pick-me-up to beat the end of January blues!!!!

HTH

I am exactly the same, I'm 6lb from target and I just can't get the motivation to actually stick to sw for a whole day, I'm letting myself down day after day, start off fab and then cone tea time I'm eating nething and everything. I want to get to target I need to keep my frame of mind!!!! Today is a new day only 3 days till weigh in, can I put it right in 3 days n manage a sts????? Time will tell lmao x

Right just listen

Just look at what you have achieved so far and how close you both are to target. Get refocused NOW and get back on track. You need to think to yourself that you are within touching distance now and NOW is the time to have extra focus and get the final few lbs off.

You both can and will achieve your goals very soon. Good luck.

And im sorry but i just dont see Xmas as an excuse

I no Craig it's not an excuse n it isn't Christmas stuff I'm puffing on its nething, sounds really weird but I haven't had a gain yet n I'm not sure if somewhere in my subconscious my body is trying to c how much I can eat without getting one, sounds weird I no. :-\ I want it I really do. I am starting fresh today and I am determined, I will do this x

Yeh i think that's it, I've just got on my scales n so far I am sts so if I have 3 days of greatness, u never no I may manage a lb xxx

I'm within pounds of target but since changing target as I kept loosing Lost SW head I'm eating ok no problems but chocolate I can not say NO
Why O why ? When chocolate was not my vice!! It was cheese and that and chrisps have also reappeared

Thanks for all the replies!

Good to know I'm not the only one BUT as Craig has said we shouldn't use Xmas as an excuse!
Today's a new day, and tomorrow I'm hoping to start running again, if I can get 2 runs in before weds weigh in i will at least feel better even though I shall gain!
Lets do this!

I'm starting to struggle a little too, I had a bad couple of days the other day but now I'm being good.
my weight loss means more to me than a few naughty treats. And I have my holiday to Mexico in April so that's my incentive.

Just done my Xmas food shop and pretty much stuck to all things good apart from two or three items.
I've even ordered the 1 syn beer from Sainsburys as I really like that. And usually at Xmas we will have a buffet at home but I've also avoided ordering bad things & only got low syn things and syn free.
I think I'm going to start my exercises now as find that always helps me more.

i really don't want to be one of those people at class who spends the next few months saying "I'm still trying to get my Xmas weight back off".

Back in 2009 when I did SW before one woman in class gained so much between Xmas and new year that she didnt get back to what she weighed before then until Sept, so a whole 9 months it took her! I must admit I got sick of hearing the excuses and the "still trying to get my Xmas weight gain off"! :eek: Lol! xxx

I've had a bad weekend but back as we were away on a little Christmassy trip, but I'm back on it now and will be good next week (apart from Christmas eve as we're having takeaway) I might have a few extra treats in between, but we'll see. I know I can get back on it in Jan, Christmas comes but once a year and although its not an excuse I do still enjoy naughty food and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm very active and I don't mind a gain which I can loose again after Christmas is gone. I'll make good choices where I can but I'm not beating myself up about the times I decide I'm not being good.

Well my day started bad but I had a word with myself and started being good!

I even made an apple crumble this morning with leftover apples and guess what, I only threw it away!

Why waste food in my belly instead of in the bin!

Oh my God, I've been awful today. I need to reign this in otherwise I'll be bloody huge by new years.
Going to try and be as good as possible next week, only off plan days will be Christmas dinner at school on Tuesday and pizza Christmas eve, I'll try and stick to only those two things those days as well. I'll allow myself syns the other days but not as much as what I've been having as I know I'll be going crazy on Christmas day, boxing day and while we're at boyfriends parents over new years... going to be a big gain this year. But I'm a lot more active now then I used to be and know how to get it off again.

I've not been well the last couple of days and been vomiting. I really hope this doesn't effect my weight next week.
Ive got plenty of good sw friendly foods in the house so hoping I can be strong and get through Xmas without turning into an hippopotamus lol xxx

I'm starting to struggle a little too, I had a bad couple of days the other day but now I'm being good.
my weight loss means more to me than a few naughty treats. And I have my holiday to Mexico in April so that's my incentive.

Just done my Xmas food shop and pretty much stuck to all things good apart from two or three items.
I've even ordered the 1 syn beer from Sainsburys as I really like that. And usually at Xmas we will have a buffet at home but I've also avoided ordering bad things & only got low syn things and syn free.
I think I'm going to start my exercises now as find that always helps me more.

i really don't want to be one of those people at class who spends the next few months saying "I'm still trying to get my Xmas weight back off".

Back in 2009 when I did SW before one woman in class gained so much between Xmas and new year that she didnt get back to what she weighed before then until Sept, so a whole 9 months it took her! I must admit I got sick of hearing the excuses and the "still trying to get my Xmas weight gain off"! :eek: Lol! xxx

Oh one syn beer, what is that Mrs W? Will have to have a look, whats it called, thanks :)

I've found other people use xmas as an excuse to feed you?? Despite me saying 'I'm watching my weight' they insist you eat two mince pies, 'because its christmas'. I have avoided ANY xmas food/work dos/meals out etc...am saving it all for next week where I will be enjoying myself and not worrying about it screwing up an otherwise good week (got 6 meals out next week!) 2nd of jan, I'll be back on it, and this won't be a problem at all for me (thankfully I'll be travelling around 4 cities over xmas/NYE so it will be easy to come home and get back on plan - as I won't be surrounded by leftovers, chocolate etc as ive bought none and am eating everyone elses, LOL!)

Xmas is not an excuse to sabotage, but it is what you make it - for some, they can cut back on the roast dinner, and do without the trimmings, and its only a one day affair so manageable. For some, its an excuse to stuff themselves 'because its xmas'. For me its a week to enjoy myself and not worry, I will be food optimizing when possible but I won't worry about it (as a vegan its quite hard - your options are nut roast, nut roast or...nut roast!). NYE is very important to me, and its a big cider fest that goes on for days and no doubt I will be getting drunk throughout next week, but I won't be doing it with such ferocity as I used to, so SW has taught me a lot about myself....and how to manage myself at the hardest points (in a bar, with westons organic vintage on tap !!) I don't drink as much as i used to, and i don't eat anywhere near the amount of rubbish, so I'm confident I will enjoy myself but be subconsciously cutting back - I'm intrigued to see how it works...and how my willpower will cope with being surrounded by nice stuff. I think I'll do OK and I hope you all do to ;)

I've not been well the last couple of days and been vomiting. I really hope this doesn't effect my weight next week.
Ive got plenty of good sw friendly foods in the house so hoping I can be strong and get through Xmas without turning into an hippopotamus lol xxx

Aw thats not nice. I had a strange tum last week, the upside was I lost weight which I had gained! There is always a silver lining n all that! :)

Back