V V Bad cramps

sash

Acala posted a thread over the weekend about being in agony after having a bowl of Special K and I replied saying the following, however I wanted to create a thread because it has REALLY worried me. I ate on Saturday (just a normal balanced meal which I know I shouldnt have but it was a social occasion and I am good at getting back on track) and i've been in so much sheer agony that I thought it was my appendix. I was sick and the pain was worse than contractions, it has been the most awful thing and it has unfortunately made me wonder what in gods name I have done to my insides. My husband even called NHS Direct and they said that it sounds as though my intestines havent had enough to work on and they can no longer cope with anything in 'bulk'. They recommended indigestion remedy which eased the pain a bit but I am going to see the doctor tomorrow as i'm sure it's not right. :( I want to stay on CD but i'm terrified that i'll never be able to eat normally again without the agony. I've never experienced anything like it in my life and I'm concerned that Acala has had it too :confused:

Can anyone help/advise ?

Dont worry Lucky has had this too, so last week she consciously ate healthy food and didnt have one food pack. She didnt get any pain at all. Yet when ssing and slipping she would get pain like you said......!
She too was worried about eating hence the week off.

Dont worry Lucky has had this too, so last week she consciously ate healthy food and didnt have one food pack. She didnt get any pain at all. Yet when ssing and slipping she would get pain like you said......!
She too was worried about eating hence the week off.

God ! Really ?!! Thanks SO much for letting me know. It was terrifying. Do you know if she still lost weight and what she did ? Did she give up on CD ? I NEVER want to go through that again, i cried like a baby :( !!

Hi Sash,

That must of been very scary for you. You should talk to your CDC about it and perhaps think about doing 790 plan this week to see how your feeling, you will still be in ketosis and losing weight.

I have been on and off the wagon but I have not experienced cramps in my tummy, but have had leg cramp which I believe in my own case was from the sudden introduction of carbs.

I use a teaspoonful of fibre89 most days when SSing as it keeps me regular and does give added bulk.

Your CDC sells it.

How you feeling today:confused:

Love Mini xxx

God ! Really ?!! Thanks SO much for letting me know. It was terrifying. Do you know if she still lost weight and what she did ? Did she give up on CD ? I NEVER want to go through that again, i cried like a baby :( !!

Hi Sash, hope you get something sorted out soon,:hug99: let us know what the doc advices you to do. take care

Thanks Lynn and Mini

I'm gutted, absolutely gutted. I could happily go striaght back into SS ing but i'm too scared :sigh: My CDC told me to to do AAM this week but I'm scared to put any food in any amount in my mouth ever again !! :( I feel a bit lost

Thanks Lynn and Mini

I'm gutted, absolutely gutted. I could happily go striaght back into SS ing but i'm too scared :sigh: My CDC told me to to do AAM this week but I'm scared to put any food in any amount in my mouth ever again !! :( I feel a bit lost

awww i am so sorry you are feeling like this, i am sure it will be sorted out very soon, and just thinking about what type of food you ate that may have caused this type of pain ( do you have gall stones by any chance)

Sash!! if your CDC told you to do AAM....then thats what you should be doing.

It's really pretty good sound advice.

You can't sole source forever, so you need to not be scared by eating.

NHS direct even said it was because it was in bulk...AAM is only little and no carbs. Eat slowly and you'll be fine.

If you give up on CD you'll have to go eat something anyway!! so either way, you need to eat.

Come on hun, I know it must have been horrible.......but you don't have much choice.

It's really not the norm to have that sort of pain.

xx

Thanks Lynn and Mini

I'm gutted, absolutely gutted. I could happily go straight back into SS ing but i'm too scared :sigh: My CDC told me to to do AAM this week but I'm scared to put any food in any amount in my mouth ever again !! :( I feel a bit lost

AAM is only a very small amount of food and all the more reason for you to eat if your feeling scared now as that is not good for you.

Dice the chicken up into small pieces and add it to one of your CD soups, you can do the same with the veggies over the course of the day.:hug99:

Love Mini xxx

She now knows she will be ok when eating so is back to 2 more weeks of ssing, we are on lipotrim but same sort of thing.
She has had this pain a few times, which obviously was worrying her. tHIS IS WHY SHE TOOK THE WEEK OFF TO SEE IF SHE COULD EAT WITHOUT THE PAIN.....oops caps lock soz.
She was also crying with the pain....!

Thanks everyone, you've all made me feel much better about it. I am still scared to eat anything as I was up all night last night and the night before (it only starts when I lie down !). I've had 3 hours sleep in 48 hours :eek:

I think I will try not to eat today to try and settle things down then start AAM tomorrow.

Why is nothing ever bloody simple with me ?!!! :break_diet:

In a way i'm really glad i know about Lucky and Alcala as I was starting to worry that I had something really serious :jelous:

Thanks for your support all you lovely people ! :)

HOW ARE YOU NOW Sash?? My tummy is till a bit funny, but it's empty ...so hopefully that's the end of it! I just wonder how will I manage when I go on hols in July and eat from time to time, I don't want a repeat of last night ever again!!!! What should I do when weaning back onto food???

HOW ARE YOU NOW Sash?? My tummy is till a bit funny, but it's empty ...so hopefully that's the end of it! I just wonder how will I manage when I go on hols in July and eat from time to time, I don't want a repeat of last night ever again!!!! What should I do when weaning back onto food???

OMG its the most awful pain isnt it ?!! I was rocking backwards & forwards and crying my eyes out !! I'm ok now but my tummy (well its sort of underneath my ribs just above by belly button) feels sore and unsettled. It has really shaken me up. I dont know what we should do really, I think add a meal is the best option this week for us, then maybe back onto Sole Source next week ? I'm not going to eat at all today just so I can get a decent nights sleep !!

OMG its the most awful pain isnt it ?!! I was rocking backwards & forwards and crying my eyes out !! I'm ok now but my tummy (well its sort of underneath my ribs just above by belly button) feels sore and unsettled. It has really shaken me up. I dont know what we should do really, I think add a meal is the best option this week for us, then maybe back onto Sole Source next week ? I'm not going to eat at all today just so I can get a decent nights sleep !!

I will text Lucky at work and tell her to come on and tell you her experience.
Her pain was under the ribs too just like you described it is how she described it to me.
Just a thought.....could it be gallstones...?
I suffered from these and the pain is at the bottom of the ribs, can go round to your back too and is the worst pain I have ever experienced.....would definately rather give birth.

I will text Lucky at work and tell her to come on and tell you her experience.
Her pain was under the ribs too just like you described it is how she described it to me.
Just a thought.....could it be gallstones...?
I suffered from these and the pain is at the bottom of the ribs, can go round to your back too and is the worst pain I have ever experienced.....would definately rather give birth.

Oooooh .... it does sound like gallstones doesnt it ? :eek: It was in my back on the right hand side, under my ribs and in the middle above my belly button. Only comes on when i've been lying down for a couple of hours though and only after eating :confused: It does seem a bit of a coincidence that other people on these diets have had it though

Hiya - same thing happened to me.

After successful bout of SSing I rewarded myself with a visit to Pizza hut for DD birthday (not really the best choice I know!) I ate it and really enjoyed it - got up to get myself a bowl of ice cream from the ice cream factory bit and had the most awful sharp stabbing pain in my tummy. Had to go outside while OH paid the bill as I felt like I was going to pass out.

It was so sore I could barely breathe - it was like breath couldn't fit down there cuz I was too full, could only take little shallow ones which did make me feel a bit scared. When I got home I noticed that there was a huge bulge where the pain was - it was like I'd swallowed a football! It looked so weird just sticking out in the one place!

The bad pain eased off as the night went on but it felt tender for quite a few days afterwards. I thought I'd probably stretched my stomach like you'd pull any muscle from over working it?

In hindsight I guess I was foolish to eat something so stodgy and quite quickly (you know what it's like when you finally get your hands on a bit of food after SSing for a long time!).

I can eat AAM and 790 stuff with no problems but if I binge (and I do binge bad when I do it) the same thing happens - although it's never been with the same severity.

To be honest I wish it happened as bad more often as it might deter me from cheating! :rolleyes:

Forgot to say. The pain and bulge weren't actually in my tummy either - it was inbetween belly button and bust on the left side just by my ribs. :confused:

I agree with the gallstone theory. I would get it checked out. I had gallstones a few years ago and it was triggered every time I ate anything that contained the slightest bit of fat. The pain would have me on my knees it was so bad. The pain was exactly in the same place you have described.

Hope you feel better soon

Jazzy x

Cheers for that, will deffo get it checked out. Does seem odd that I dont get it at all during the day though, its only when I lay down for a period of time after eating that it hits.

I think its probably where my intestines have had nothing to chew on then 'wham' normal amount of food :(

Back