valentines meal ideas

kymsey

On a journey !
OK Gonna cook a valentine meal for hubby, but don't wanna break the diet so come girls with your meal ideas xxx

There's a great three course meal idea in the new SW magazine. I think it totals about 6 syns.

Does he eat fish?
A nice starter is large flat mushrooms, grilled with a spray of fry light - then filled with v.low fat cream cheese and topped with some smoked salmon.
So delish!
And I guess you could use the cheese as a healthy extra so would be free on a red day.

Mmm, this is like my fave snack!

I tried that with laughing cow light and they just didnt melt! Are you using the spreadable type of cream cheese?

I did the stuffed mushrooms last night with Laughing Cow Triangles, spring onion and the chopped stalk but I heated the mixture up in a saucepan before I added it to the flat mushroom. Turned out lovely.

Yeah - the Tesco light choice or something like that.
Don't really like laughing cow cheese - the Tesco one is more thick and tasty! Yum lol.

i grill the mushrooms with lazy garlic (potabello) them xtra light cottage cheese mixed with diced red and green peppers have that with steak and roasted veg it's lurvely

I think a 2 course meal would be best so 2 course ideas please girls xxx

Caprese salad (slices of tomato & mozerella with basil leaves, drizzled with a bit of olive oil) followed by lasagne.

Poppadoms with mango chutney & raita followed by a home made curry, side dishes such as chickpea dahl & sagg aloo and rice.

Starters: Smoked salmon & king prawn salad with marie rose sauce or soup or breaded mushrooms or melon or risotto

Main: Roast dinner, chicken stuffed with mozerella & wrapped in bacon, salmon fillet with lemon & dill, leek & cheese topped cottage pie

I'd definately go for starter and main because i think it's quite difficult to make a low syn or syn free dessert that honestly tastes yummy!

Mmm, I just found a recipe for a roast pepper soup that sounds lush.

Am going to be giving that a go this evening!

Back