Valentine's Meal

laura2481

Silver Member
Anyone else making a SW friendly Valentine's meal tonight? I'm making:

Starter: Asparagas wrapped with smokey bacon (going to use the medallians which have no fat on them) Baked in oven sprayed with frylight and sprinkling of sea salt. FREE

Main: Beef Pizzaiola. Steak in a tomatoey sauce topped with mozzarella (FREE + HEA) (not sure what to serve with though + veg and SW chips?)

Dessert:Chocolate and Passionfruit mousse 5 syns (similar to choc and amaretto mousse on SW site but using passionfruit liqeur instead and poss served with fresh passionfruit if the have it as supermarket :) )

Sounds good! I'd go with some green veggies like brocolli and green beans and definately the chips since it's steak!

I don't do valentines day but hubby will be getting something SW friendly as usual for dinner! :)

We're planning on having it, although the way I'm feeling and have been feeling all weekend I'll probably have toast as it's the only thing staying put and go to bed (at least I've lost 4lbs in two days though).

Newbie here,been on SW since Nov 2010 and have lost 1 stone 9 and a half pounds altogether-Just found this site and think its excellent

Potato Skins / Dips to start. ( found on this site )
- Steak Pies (this months mag)/ Baby new pots / carrots corn /green beans.
- Chocolate cheesecake or Choc mousse ( found on this site )

I am having a valentines meal - but nothing too fancy - just a huge steak, a sauce/gravy and SW mini square potatoes and veggies - yum yum!!!

I dont want to cook starters and puddings - he might get ideas that i should do that all the time! haha! xxx

we went out for a meal last night, 400g steak, chips and onion rings for me!! and peruvian spiced cod and rice for him, no starters or desserts this meal was my choice, hubby however is easy to please and just wants mini kievs, chips (sw) and beans tonight!! lol

Im doing steak, peppercorn sauce, rosemary potatoes and veg.

I want to do the 'Lovers Melting Chocolate Puds' that i found on the SW site but now i cant find how many syns are in it :(
Anyone know?

If i cant find it i will make apple betty instead.

Well mr said about getting a chinese tonight so i said i would make one. Big and little man are having beef in blackbean sauce and chicken balls with sweet and sour sauce.

I on the other hand am having tofu marinaded in garlic, ginger, chilli, rice wine vinigar and a tbsp of sugar(3 syns there) and thats going to be stired fried with some veggies and then making sw friendly egg fried rice and chow main for all of us

Well, I was going to do a SW friendly meal tonight but my valentines present from the OH is a 3 course hand prepared and cooked meal consisting of prawn coctail for starters, garlic bread, pasta bake and chips for main and a cheesecake for afters all washed down with rose wine! He is going to cook the whole lot! Cant wait. Back on the wagon tomorrow! x

My OH is cooking SW-friendly seafood risotto, and there's strawberries and blueberries with low-fat yoghurt for pud. I'll probably go over my syns a bit with the champagne, but I haven't had any syns so far today and you only live once ;)

My OH is cooking SW-friendly seafood risotto, and there's strawberries and blueberries with low-fat yoghurt for pud. I'll probably go over my syns a bit with the champagne, but I haven't had any syns so far today and you only live once ;)

Omg that is so weird we are having almost exactly the same. Seafood paella then strawberry and blueberries on top of a meringue nest and a bottle of champers between us!
Bless the other half he offered to sticknto plan for me
Recon 2 glasses of champers and the nest should come to about 15 syns

Hee, Nixy, we obviously have excellent taste! *grin* I don't usually buy fruits like blueberries 'cos they're so expensive fresh, but there was a great offer at the supermarket. Nommy!

Back