Valuable lesson learned from blip weekend!

Debs, much of what you say I agree with but wanted to add for anyone reading who might not know, if you plan to drink while on SS you NEED to come out of ketosis first (ie eat carbs that day) or the consequences can be seriously dangerous. This is a health issue, not a choice one... it's essential. See the sticky on alcohol and SS. I'm sure you do this Debs but just wanted to clarify for anyone who might not know.

xxx

Hey girls - please don't worry! I was away on a course last weekend and, after 2 days of eating sensibly (meat, veg, salad etc), I gained 5lbs! I was shocked at how easily it went on but I also felt that, like Asa, I'd learned something about the power of choice - the ability to choose wisely what and when I eat. Unbelievably for me, I felt really relaxed about the food and the decision I'd taken to temporarily come off CD. I feel like I've forgiven myself for allowing me to balloon to nearly 17 stone in weight. It was really strange!
I lost the 5lbs and another 3lbs this week so it has no long-term effect when you 'blip' as long as you get straight back on the diet and go for it 100%. We're so hung up on guilt and being perfect when we're trying to lose weight that we forget that we have a life to live and this diet is something that HAS to fit in otherwise we'd go mad! At the end of the day, we're only human and we're open to all sorts of temptation on CD. We turn up that self-critical button to full volume when we're unhappy with ourselves and our bodies and its that which causes us to fail. Don't worry about falling off the wagon - just get straight back on again and be proud of yourself for being the fighter you are! Sorry for rambling but I just feel so passionate about this. Wish I had a magic wand to wave over us all - that'd be fab wouldnt it - and easier!!!???!!!!!! xxxx

Thanks for posting, I do agree with everything you are saying! What a great feeling to feel relax in front of food. And I am glad your weight gain came right of. The scale said a 3 lb gain today, but easy come easy go right :D.

Debs, much of what you say I agree with but wanted to add for anyone reading who might not know, if you plan to drink while on SS you NEED to come out of ketosis first (ie eat carbs that day) or the consequences can be seriously dangerous. This is a health issue, not a choice one... it's essential. See the sticky on alcohol and SS. I'm sure you do this Debs but just wanted to clarify for anyone who might not know.

xxx

I didn't know that! I only taken half a glass of wine this weekend though, and there were carbs involved :D. I will read the sticky!

I agree that if we "cheat" or step of the program, we should do it guilt free. I used to to it guilt full before, but that only meant beating myself up about it, and thinking I couldn't do it, so I better just cheat some more... And the jojo dieting contined... That I really want to stop.

The alcohol & CD sticky is on the CD FAQ section, hope everyone reads it, it's way to scary/important to ignore.

Agree that guilt doesn't achieve anything, but for some of us it's really hard to get back on wagon after a few days off... if I knew I had something coming up I would plan an SS+ or 810 day to help me feel that I was still on plan... psychologically, it helped!!! I had plenty of unplanned blips later on, but when on SS it can be so hard to get that mindset back once you have blipped... have seen so many people do so well, then go 'briefly' off plan, then disappear for months, having spiralled down into overeating again... so no guilt, but tread carefully all the same!

xxx

I blipped to this weekend, although not until 5.30pm last night, couldn't resist the smell of roast beef, only had meat and veg, but then treated myself to apple pie and custard. It has kinda made me feel stronger today coz I didn't like the feeling of what I had done, don't want to go there again!! Good luck for the week ahead everybody!!

Thanks katy, you are right I missed that important bit about the alcohol, thanks for pointing it out, I would hate for something bad to happen to anyone.

Debs

Back