value chicken

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by xKimmiex, 30 May 2008 Social URL.

1. xKimmiex

xKimmiex Silver Member

Dont mean to offend anyone..
    But how diffrent does value price chicken taste to normal chicken? anyone else think this? got value one today, and i hated it, tasted really fatty and chewy :confused:

anyone else think this?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. spooky

spooky Banned

Cheaper chicken tends to have a higher water content. I always say to my clients buy the best they can afford and get better quality and less water.
  4. xKimmiex

xKimmiex Silver Member

i wish i had, but i forgot to get some, so mum rang my sister and she got it! i paid her back aswell, she could of got the decent stuff, i hate value meat =[
  5. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    It also tends to be salt water they inject it with. Injecting water strips the flavour from the chicken so they use the salt to hide this fact.
    I don't know about other supermarkets (only have one local to me) but Tescos are always doing some sort of deal on good quality chicken.
  6. xKimmiex

xKimmiex Silver Member

im going to get decent chicken tomorrow, im also going to get some fish, fed up with chicken lol.. on a good note! was 20st8 on weds, today im 20st3nhalf and that was in the afternoon! woooahh! 3lb to go and iv lost 3st!
  7. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

thats fab news kimmie, you might make the 3stone mark in time for your weigh in wed woohoo that would be brill
  8. diddy

diddy Full Member

asda chicken fillets thier own brand are absolutely matter which way you cook them they are really juicy...we always keep a couple of packs in the freezer...

diddy x
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.