Vanilla shake as milk

susieg77

Hi everyone
I know a lot of people use vanilla shake in coffee but does anyone know if it works in tea?
Not a fan of vanilla shakes in general so didn't buy any in week 1 but was thinking a little bit in tea might replace milk and sweeteners
Bit worried it would go lumpy and float though lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone
I know a lot of people use vanilla shake in coffee but does anyone know if it works in tea?
Not a fan of vanilla shakes in general so didn't buy any in week 1 but was thinking a little bit in tea might replace milk and sweeteners
Bit worried it would go lumpy and float though lol

Hi Susieg77,
It sure does! I only recently discovered this tip from peachpip, don`t know why it had never occured to me before... but its lush in tea hun... go for it... Tonight i`m going to try making the crisps everyone is raving about too.... check out recipes thread hun ;) Louise XX

Do you mix the shake in a wee bit of water first or just put it straight in your tea?
Will be a godsend if I like it as I can't stand coffee and getting soooo bored with black tea, I'm really missing my milk!

Where is the recipe thread Louise? I saw peach's chicken soup crisp last night and I'm taking her word for it that it tastes better than it looks lol though she didn't really sell it with her description did she? Made me laugh though :)

Do you mix the shake in a wee bit of water first or just put it straight in your tea?
Will be a godsend if I like it as I can't stand coffee and getting soooo bored with black tea, I'm really missing my milk!

I make the shake up as normal, and then use it in my cups of tea, plus drink some of the shake us normal as well...If you add the powder to your tea it just goes lumpy YUK, so best to do it as a shake then add....:D:D Lou xx

Where is the recipe thread Louise? I saw peach's chicken soup crisp last night and I'm taking her word for it that it tastes better than it looks lol though she didn't really sell it with her description did she? Made me laugh though :)

Susieg77 I`ll try to find it for you and send a link for it..... and yeah peachpip has her own way & shes so cute with descriptions lol :D:D bless her Lou xx

Does it keep ok if I use it through the day?

Oh and on similar note and completely useless to me as a non coffee drinker! My friend from work who did lighter life told me she used to put choc shake in one of those shakers they have in Starbucks and turn her "lattes" into cappuccinos - she even had one of the wee coffee frothers!

Does it keep ok if I use it through the day?

No hun it doesn`t you have to try to consume it within 15 mins.... but I leave it a little longer (something about the vits/nutrients breaking down quickly) sorry hun.... and Ive copied the thread for you :~ Smoothie
Place 10-16 ice cubes (depending on your preference), a pint of water, and your food pack in a Smoothie Maker and blend for approx. 3 mins. Makes about 2 pints of delicious cold frothy whatever flavour you like.

Bar of Chocolate!
You can make chocolate out of a chocolate pack! Mix pack with a bit of water till you have a thick paste, then spread on some tin foil and put in the freezer for an hour or more. It really tastes quite like chocolate!

Variation : Use half chocolate and half vanilla for a Mars bar!
Chocolate Biscuit
Put sparkling water into a chocolate pack and then add a pinch of salt. Put this on a small plate, round it into a biscuit shape and bake it in the microwave for 2.30 minutes. The result is a crunchy chocolatey biscuit with a “dunking” texture.

Chocolate Fudge
1 packet of chocolate
1/4 cup of hot water
2 or more sweeteners
1tsp of coffee (if you like)

Mix well - it should look like a thick chocolate soup. Microwave it for 2 minutes. It comes out as a thick gooey mess, which tastes like fudge!

Chocolate Custard
Dissolve a sweetener in approx 70 mls hot water. Add a chocolate pack. Microwave for approx 40 secs. Makes a lovely hot chocolate custard.

Hot ChocoMint
Make up some strong peppermint tea. Mix a chocolate pack with hot water and a couple of sweeteners (depending on your taste) add the tea. Microwave for approx. 20 secs and stir (better if you whisk with an aerolatte) – Divine!

Soups
Chicken Stuffing
Mix as you would do for a chocolate muffin but use a packet of chicken soup instead. Cook in microwave for 1.40 secs or more or less depending on how dry you like it.

Poppadom’s
Mix a soup pack into a smooth paste, spread on a plate or greaseproof paper and microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 mins.when it starts to bubble open up and let it settle for a sec. keep opening and letting it settle until (the poppadom) starts to turn golden (don't take your eyes off it)!!! - when it is golden brown take it out and let it cool, then peel it off and enjoy
Be careful of overcooking, as this will make them taste slightly bitter.

Crisps

Mix a soup pack, black pepper, salt and Tabasco to paste using sparkling water. Spoon tiny bite size pieces onto some baking parchment/greaseproof paper. Put in the microwave for approx 1 min depending on the power of your microwave – mine is 900 watts and I put them in for 1 min. If you wish you can shake some salt over them when they are finished.

(i got these from a previous post xxx on recipes....
(Its in this 100% forum on page 2)

Cheers for the recipes! Have you tried any of them?

Just to add though..... DONT add anything to the recipes, its not advisable since it MAY knock you out of ketosis. Plus also be careful how many times you "Cook" with the lipotrim products as it may alter the nutrients/vitamins etc.... and remember these recipes are NOT endorsed by Lipotrim either.... so its entirely down to each individuals decision whether to make them or not.... once in a while cant hurt and sometimes we need some variation to keep focused i think... Lou xx

I'm going to stick to normal shakes for as long as poss I think to break the food habit but it's comforting to know there's options there if I'm bored/struggling later on.
Hope your crisps are delish later xx

I'm going to stick to normal shakes for as long as poss I think to break the food habit but it's comforting to know there's options there if I'm bored/struggling later on.
Hope your crisps are delish later xx

Very wise hun ;) and i`ll let you know lol XX

Hiya,
Tries the Poppadum version with soup mix and it was ok.... I found it a bit salty??!!:confused: whcih just goes to show how much my taste buds have changed.... wont do it again I don`t think... but each to their own Lou xx

I thought i'd be brave and try the chocolate fudge last night, but i'm not sure if i microwaved it long enough? What came out was just a gooey lump of chocolate that kind of reminded me of the texture of chewin on PlayDoh as a kid! Random comparison i know but that's the best i can do lol. Hopefully y'all have a better experience with it :)

Back